AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how i keep missing these busta threads? lol
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    Jay Z. He's a corny crossover pop culture rapper who has built his career off biting and recycling old Biggie lines.
    On mf point broski ofn

Reasonable Doubt- copy az,nas,bigl,raekwon.

Vol1 copy diddy mase big
    Vol2 copy ruff ryders mase philly
    Dynasty- copy the west coast movement at that time
    Vol3 copy state prop down south
    Blue print was sequel to young guns tough luv
    Bp2 well I stop ? wit tha ? by then

So were is jay z originality ?

Mindblowing........

He's a certify ? .

Cuz actually thought Juelz Santana was more mainstream than Nas
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    How blueprint​ a sequel to tough luv when it came out 3 years prior?

@trendsetta1030 get yo ass in here nh

You gonna explain this ? b!
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

trendsetta1030 get yo ass in here nh

Don't @ that ? ass ? bruh.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options

Cuz.....

Lefty_ wrote: »
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    Jay Z. He's a corny crossover pop culture rapper who has built his career off biting and recycling old Biggie lines.
    On mf point broski ofn

Reasonable Doubt- copy az,nas,bigl,raekwon.

Vol1 copy diddy mase big
    Vol2 copy ruff ryders mase philly
    Dynasty- copy the west coast movement at that time
    Vol3 copy state prop down south
    Blue print was sequel to young guns tough luv
    Bp2 well I stop ? wit tha ? by then

So were is jay z originality ?

Mindblowing........

He's a certify ? .

• nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    Busta Lettin Them LOL's Go To His Head

giphy.gif

Lmao old thread bro.

And I was deadass when I made it.

Ice-T is ? cheeks and has always been

Take That back Bruh

giphy.gif

Ice-T Pioneered Gangsta/Conscious Rap

• Busta Carmichael
    Options
    Busta Lettin Them LOL's Go To His Head

giphy.gif

Lmao old thread bro.

And I was deadass when I made it.

Ice-T is ? cheeks and has always been

Take That back Bruh

giphy.gif

Ice-T Pioneered Gangsta/Conscious Rap

I mean to be fair his breakout song was taken from Schooly D. Same cadence and everything and himself would say Schooly pioneered it.

Cube made it hot and Eazy made it famous(even tho he didn't write his rhymes, he had the IT factor)

Ion what to say bruh, in retrospect Iceberg was just a lisping light skin fake ? /crip who had respect in the streets

ye_shrug.png~original
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This must be one of the most ? threads in a looong time.

"unfuckingbelievable"
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Ice T did more then just rap though.

Ice-T was\is a part of the Zulu Nation. He was repping the west coast while working with Africa Islam on the east coast.

Ice-T was also a B-Boy. He's been involved with Hip Hop as an art form from the beginning.

Ice-T pioneered lucrative business practices within Hip Hop. Whether it was getting deals for members of the Syndicate or doing indie deals for himself.

Ice-T went at the cops and law enforcement in political protest with Cop Killer. Ice-t is truly a legend within Hip Hop.

I grew up in BK and Ice-T was that dude from the first listen of "six in the morning".
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These ? say some of the dumbest ? ....lol
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

Ice-T was\is a part of the Zulu Nation. He was repping the west coast while working with Africa Islam on the east coast.

Ice-T was also a B-Boy. He's been involved with Hip Hop as an art form from the beginning.

Ice-T pioneered lucrative business practices within Hip Hop. Whether it was getting deals for members of the Syndicate or doing indie deals for himself.

Ice-T went at the cops and law enforcement in political protest with Cop Killer. Ice-t is truly a legend within Hip Hop.

I grew up in BK and Ice-T was that dude from the first listen of "six in the morning".

You somehow find yourself in a trial by combat and you can only choose one of these two rappers to spit a hot 16, they lose, you both die/get locked up.

Ice-T or Rakim?
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

You somehow find yourself in a trial by combat and you can only choose one of these two rappers to spit a hot 16, they lose, you both die/get locked up.

Ice-T or Rakim?

I would choose Rakim more then likely. But if, I needed cat who could spit game, keep it 100 and we slide out I'm going with Ice-T. Both are legends in their own right.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options

Ice-T or Rakim?

I would choose Rakim more then likely. But if, I needed cat who could spit game, keep it 100 and we slide out I'm going with Ice-T. Both are legends in their own right.

Cube or Ice-T?
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

Ice-T or Rakim?

Cube or Ice-T?

It would be a tie for me in the MC category. But again both are legends for similar contributions and legends for very different contributions.

But how about Ice-T used East Coast production on his debut (Africa Islam) and Cube used East Coast production for his solo debut (bomb squad). Also both had the Govt. on their ? for going at the police. Legends!!
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options

Ice-T or Rakim?

Cube or Ice-T?

It would be a tie for me in the MC category. But again both are legends for similar contributions and legends for very different contributions.

But how about Ice-T used East Coast production on his debut (Africa Islam) and Cube used East Coast production for his solo debut (bomb squad). Also both had the Govt. on their ? for going at the police. Legends!!

Nah b Cube would spit rounds around Ice-T and that's not even debatable.

So would Kool G rap, Big Daddy Kane, LL cool J and anyone from Ice-T time.

He's a legend in the sense that he's a pioneer and influenced a lot, but on the mic? Nah.

That's what the thread is about
  • Kwan Dai
    Options

Ice-T or Rakim?

Cube or Ice-T?

Nah b Cube would spit rounds around Ice-T and that's not even debatable.

So would Kool G rap, Big Daddy Kane, LL cool J and anyone from Ice-T time.

He's a legend in the sense that he's a pioneer and influenced a lot, but on the mic? Nah.

That's what the thread is about

This was your original post.

"I've seen people on here big up so called legends and act like they were actually hot at one point but can't seem to point out a dope album or even a song.

Ice-T and Krs fits in this category "

Family. Rhymes Pays is not just a dope album but a Classic album. Power is a Dope album. And the song "colors" is an undeniable classic. It was what made the entire movie soundtrack. Not to mention one of the major beer company's is using the song for a current marketing campaign. Chill family you don't have valid argument as to why Ice-T isn't also a legend on the MIC.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember when KRS and Ice T were both in their prime. Its not necessarily their flow that made them legends, its their subject matter. They spoke about things that big name rappers like Run DMC, Salt N Pepa or LL Cool J wouldn't address.

KRS and Ice T talked about racism, drugs, violence and how the government is corrupt. KRS and Ice T were the first rappers (along with Public Enemy) to make entire albums about socio-political issues.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Ice-T haven't been the same since Cool J burnt his perm. Great actor though

fmzcv3hzh8j1.png
  • Busta Carmichael
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Nah jokes aside I hear what u guys are saying.

They are legends in their own right but flow wise they're lack luster.

Aint nobody under the age of 52 bumping​ no damn Iceberg or Kris
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    Nah jokes aside I hear what u guys are saying.

They are legends in their own right but flow wise they're lack luster.

Aint nobody under the age of 52 bumping​ no damn Iceberg or Kris

You bugging family. I still listen to the rhymes pays lp.

And Kris latest project " the world is mind" is phenomenal. Production, flow, skill and subject matter it's all there.

Don't do that.
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I ment 2 say bp2 was a sequel to tough luv
    He even stole oschino flow on popin tags listen 2 oschino ft twista blow…
    An jay stole chris style https://youtube.com/watch?v=rCg56JPsWv4
  • Busta Carmichael
    edited June 2017
    Options

EVEN BLUEPRINT 2 STILL CAME OUT YEARS BEFORE TOUGH LUV!

tumblr_moipk8rnqu1qbzayeo1_500.gif

this ?
  • trendsetta1030
    Options

EVEN BLUEPRINT 2 STILL CAME OUT YEARS BEFORE TOUGH LUV!

tumblr_moipk8rnqu1qbzayeo1_500.gif

this ?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=K7sA0FxRWo8
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=tnDh0JhmaFw
    Chris influenced jay

Excuse me miss what's yo name can I possibly-chris
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    I know Hov stole Chris flow.

However no young Gunz album is touching hov.

? Tim dog could steal Hov flow. Would that make him dope? Nah

Subject matter, flow, precense, and tone makes Jay a great
  • trendsetta1030
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I know Hov stole Chris flow.

However no young Gunz album is touching hov.

? Tim dog could steal Hov flow. Would that make him dope? Nah

Subject matter, flow, precense, and tone makes Jay a great

What subject matter
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=ybEZF4Vbe3A
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=OLlKFHuwoLg

1 of his biggest hits wasn't even his song
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=MUN9giYJhew

Wat presence ? All his hits have samples or features but ya complain about French Montana
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=aCHB4GCyufE
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=OBILx8NB-Uc
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=rq0FrCdFd9U
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=9XiDG9acqRk
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=Oifd56t6Md8
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=31xa0CLbcls
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=Cgoqrgc_0cM

This wasn't jay song either
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=nG8o_9RliwU
    It wasn't until bp 1 that jay was able 2 stand on his own 2 feet but by then he had already majinbuu errbody arnd him n Chris been signed since the dynasty cd
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=SNXLqfsLBFk
    Jay is the perfect example of this thread
    So wat flow his flow is chris
    Wat presence all his early hits had features or samples wat tone he switched up his style 2 whatever was hot at the time never settin his own trends