Conscious Community Thread

2»

Comments

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SELASI_i wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    Dave2one6 wrote: »
    My conscious journey is now taking me right back here. I am learning the difference between native americans and indigeneous americans. goodbye africa. im gonna miss ya.

African Americans are not indigenous to the americas.

true, and really nobody is indigenous to the americas, but africans were the first in the americas.

probably not
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dave2one6 wrote: »
    My conscious journey is now taking me right back here. I am learning the difference between native americans and indigeneous americans. goodbye africa. im gonna miss ya.

African Americans are not indigenous to the americas.

true, and really nobody is indigenous to the americas, but africans were the first in the americas.

probably not

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the abuse of the out of africa theory by afrocentrics has been a great tragedy for african people worldwide.
  • SELASI_i
    the abuse of the out of africa theory by afrocentrics has been a great tragedy for african people worldwide.

how? and I can't speak for anyone else but in no way am I denying Africa as the origin, and there was thousands of years where there were only black dark skinned people on this planet no one else. how is it implausible for these people to circumvent the world? so the people we calling black only stayed in africa until some white man put them on a boat? explain that to me.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I'm ? that's the real me
  • kliiimaxx
    kliiimaxx Members Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    What conscious community?
  • Ajackson17
    kliiimaxx wrote: »

The one inspired by Dr. Ben Jochannan, Noble Drew Ali, Dr. York, Hebrew Israelite schools and etc.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ajackson17

What's your thoughts on king noble?

One thing I don't like about the cc on Social media platforms is that the egos get in the way of knowledgeable people coming together

• Ajackson17
    Wuwop wrote: »
    @Ajackson17

What's your thoughts on king noble?

One thing I don't like about the cc on Social media platforms is that the egos get in the way of knowledgeable people coming together

King noble thinks ? black women is revolutionary so yeah its ? hI'm @Wuwop
  • kliiimaxx
    kliiimaxx Members Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    kliiimaxx wrote: »

The one inspired by Dr. Ben Jochannan, Noble Drew Ali, Dr. York, Hebrew Israelite schools and etc.

So where dey at?
  • Ajackson17
    Their dead read their works
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Professor James Smalls is still going strong, and I would say he's the best out of all of them from my experience. His content and the way he delivers his message is very progressive. He use black people's unhealthy obsession with these organized religions and gets his point across through the use of verses and parables in their holy books. He overstands the concept of self worth and knowledge of self and history. He also works with the youth and mentors a lot of of people in his area.

There's a few younger guys that are starting their movements as well, and attacking specific issues like the rise of homosexuality being pushed on the black community, and how we put an end to this attack. They do a good job of introducing a problem AND providing you a solution that can implemented the next day.

I'm not sure if this guy would necessarily fit the conscious title, but Dr. Umar Johnson is a pretty good listen as well.
  • Ajackson17
    Professor James Smalls is still going strong, and I would say he's the best out of all of them from my experience. His content and the way he delivers his message is very progressive. He use black people's unhealthy obsession with these organized religions and gets his point across through the use of verses and parables in their holy books. He overstands the concept of self worth and knowledge of self and history. He also works with the youth and mentors a lot of of people in his area.

There's a few younger guys that are starting their movements as well, and attacking specific issues like the rise of homosexuality being pushed on the black community, and how we put an end to this attack. They do a good job of introducing a problem AND providing you a solution that can implemented the next day.

I'm not sure if this guy would necessarily fit the conscious title, but Dr. Umar Johnson is a pretty good listen as well.

Dr. Umar Johnson provides a lot of good evidence but I'm becoming little wary of him as of late. Professor James Smalls has a hotel.

http://www.sanaalodge.com/

He puts up.
  • SELASI_i
    edited January 2016
    I read this and it really stuck out to me regarding "the conscious community"

"CONSCIOUS COMMUNITY" is a fictional entity...There is no Conscious Community....A community lives together in the same area, a community is not A MENTAL PLACE(cyber, etc.)....The Amish have communities...The Mormons have Communities...They have community and cultural guidelines...They buy food as a collective, their children go to the same schools, they have judges, they have a security force, they do business together, they open Credit Unions to loan money for business, etc....

we have some people who share some of the same ideals as a collective but in actuality we don't even have legit black communites (let alone conscious), we have hoods, ghettos, that are labeled the black community, yet we own little there.
  • Ajackson17
    I read this and it really stuck out to me regarding "the conscious community"

"CONSCIOUS COMMUNITY" is a fictional entity...There is no Conscious Community....A community lives together in the same area, a community is not A MENTAL PLACE(cyber, etc.)....The Amish have communities...The Mormons have Communities...They have community and cultural guidelines...They buy food as a collective, their children go to the same schools, they have judges, they have a security force, they do business together, they open Credit Unions to loan money for business, etc....

we have some people who share some of the same ideals as a collective but in actuality we don't even have legit black communites (let alone conscious), we have hoods, ghettos, that are labeled the black community, yet we own little there.

It's an online community but it's a community nonetheless not in the traditional sense. It could literally be like one, but we have to combined our economic efforts and our money, but it's good that we are scattered like this so we can bring change within our communities even it's a small scale, it's still better so we can transform ourselves in our communities and combined ourselves.