Video: As a prank some Saltine mother gave her privileged daughters 2 black baby dolls for Xmas...

Options

Comments

• ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    Damn! @Kat taking this Xmas pranks a bit too far this year.

But honestly, who cares. My niece got a white doll for Xmas last year and did the same exact thing. These same girls will be imitating Rihanna video in a couple years.

Whyyyyyyyy must I be @d to every thread involving a white ? ?????

Cause your a white ? @Kat
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The Hue
    The Hue Members Posts: 760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Question, do we really know scientifically that a human can't be born racist? I honestly believe it's natural to gravitate to what you know, in fact, we might have it backwards, maybe we're all born racist and we have to be taught to not be and to treat everybody equally and to treat others as we would want to be treated. Just a thought, ? those lil girl's parents though. Two more racists in the making.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't be silly, it's not like we were taken captive ? and beaten and taught to love white people....we naturally just love white people over ourselves
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bet all the books & films they've read & seen have the white characters as good and the black ones as the "evil villains."

Mom Duke's evil scientist laugh at the end was "call CPS-worthy."

Two kids of different races will play together in a sandbox until SOMEONE tells them they're different.

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    people are born with innate biases this whole children are blank slates nonsense is mythology.

us vs them, in group vs out group is a natural part of human evolution it's how our ancient ancestors survived.
  • zzombie
    edited December 2015
    Options
    The Hue wrote: »
    Question, do we really know scientifically that a human can't be born racist? I honestly believe it's natural to gravitate to what you know, in fact, we might have it backwards, maybe we're all born racist and we have to be taught to not be and to treat everybody equally and to treat others as we would want to be treated. Just a thought, ? those lil girl's parents though. Two more racists in the making.

people are not born "racist" they are born with preferences

www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/04/racist-babies-nine-month-olds-bias-faces_n_1477937.html
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

But honestly, who cares. My niece got a white doll for Xmas last year and did the same exact thing. These same girls will be imitating Rihanna video in a couple years.

I keep telling you that we know you're a racist white republican using a black sounding username on a hip hop message board.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    I'm not watching that. But did the mother teach a lesson or just laugh?

She laughed like a ? ? .

Figured that based on the responses. Disgusting
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »
    This video is a perfect illustration of how racist white people are created.

The mother is an obvious bigot and she's teaching her children to be bigots, as well.

Racism is taught and passed down like a family heirloom
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Low level thinking if everyone thought like me would be titans
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/04/racist-babies-nine-month-olds-bias-faces_n_1477937.html

Did you read this link that you posted? Cause it doesn't support what you are saying. It supports the idea that preferences are not natural, but develop over time from what babies are most exposed to, otherwise there wouldn't be the difference between 5-month olds and 9-month olds.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see now even tho i aint gona do it because of my secret..we must breed the white race out by sleeping with they women!not the eminem fans but the garth brooks fans..
  • zzombie
    Options

Did you read this link that you posted? Cause it doesn't support what you are saying. It supports the idea that preferences are not natural, but develop over time from what babies are most exposed to, otherwise there wouldn't be the difference between 5-month olds and 9-month olds.

then it's natural because as we grow we naturally change brain development changes hormones and how the body works change.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options

then it's natural because as we grow we naturally change brain development changes hormones and how the body works change.

NO. By this reasoning the natural vs. nurture debate is entirely misconceived, for then it can always be said that nurture-driven effects are ultimately rooted in nature.

PS. Please properly punctuate your posts. Makes it hard to understand.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Oldest kid the only one in the room with some sense.

Naw.....She just more adept at hiding her displeasure......im pretty sure she aware of the "joke" and why its not "appropriate" to react negatively. tolerating something is different from acceptance to me.
    To be honest i dont blame the younger one for crying.....she really supposed to relate to that doll?

To any blame girl who would react the same to that same doll...shame,shame,shame on the parents.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I don't even blame those ? kids everybody that is healthy in their minds prefers their own people

AND I DON'T care who calls me a bigot for telling the truth

I feel like his first paragraph "should"be the absolute truth
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not watching that. But did the mother teach a lesson or just laugh?

In one simple lesson she could have put her children on the right path from an early age... instead she reinforced their bad behavior not only by laughing at their ingrained racism but also by laughing at their rude and privileged behavior when they open a gift that they don't like for whatever reason.
  • zzombie
    Options

NO. By this reasoning the natural vs. nurture debate is entirely misconceived, for then it can always be said that nurture-driven effects are ultimately rooted in nature.

PS. Please properly punctuate your posts. Makes it hard to understand.

Exactly.

THE ONLY thing nurture does is accentuate already existing genetic proclivities
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »

I keep telling you that we know you're a racist white republican using a black sounding username on a hip hop message board.

This is like the 20th thread where you've tried to get my attention with these trolls. Give it up, I don't need an e-stalker
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see now even tho i aint gona do it because of my secret..we must breed the white race out by sleeping with they women!not the eminem fans but the garth brooks fans..

My ? ......u get it.
    How
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wuwop wrote: »

My ? ......u get it.
    How

THEY gonna find this ? hanging from a tree, some day. with the red bucket on his head, still intact.. ? never learn.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I don't even blame those ? kids everybody that is healthy in their minds prefers their own people

AND I DON'T care who calls me a bigot for telling the truth

Kids dont behave like this without their parents influence. Little kids are too creative and fascinated with the beauty of everything to make such clear distinctions regarding whether they dislike anyone based on something as simple as color. White kids are taught to not like black dolls. Black kids are taught to not like black dolls.

THE CHILDREN in that video were not toddlers people are born with in group preferences the only thing parents/environment do is make stronger whatever our natural preferences are

C/s

Racism is learned

However from birth our brains are programmed to seek protection amongst people that we can identify with, and fear those we cannot

In making these decisions on who are enemies and who are allies it mostly comes down to what is familiar(safe) and a different skin color is about as different as you can get

Studies have shown toddlers will notice or make note of a person with different skin color before an individual of a different gender

• obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oldest kid the only one in the room with some sense.

Naw.....She just more adept at hiding her displeasure......im pretty sure she aware of the "joke" and why its not "appropriate" to react negatively. tolerating something is different from acceptance to me.
    To be honest i dont blame the younger one for crying.....she really supposed to relate to that doll?

To any blame girl who would react the same to that same doll...shame,shame,shame on the parents.

That's what I'm saying. You can tell the oldest girl did not like the doll, but either has enough sense to not be ungrateful or has enough sense to know how to be PC.