What games did you play as young?

Options

Comments

• _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We wasnt accountin for every syllable lol. Ya'll crazy round there. We forgive ya sins as soon as you said it once all previous B's was forgiven.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blatalian wrote: »
    _Lefty wrote: »
    bigbird_1 wrote: »
    Batman. ? used to get their chest caved in for saying words that begin with B and not saying Batman afterwards

We called it babogies, ? was wild too. Once ? lock in wit that pinky finger, it went the whole school day. We would be in class and a ? would answer a question for a teacher like "I think it was albatross" and just act like we ain't still playin ? would be in the class makin eye contact like "which one of ya'll gon set it off on this ? ". It would take like 3 minutes and somebody would walk by and try to give homie an asthma attack, poor thing would barely talk for the rest of the day, let alone say anything with a b. Childhood was the ? .

Yeah...we called that ? BB...? gotta say BB after any word that starts wit' B was said...? ended after a homie was left wit' a concussion and split lip...

But in my defense that ? said and I quote "I'll Be Back...BB" after leaving a room...he should have said "I'll Be Back...BB...BB" but he didn't so I waited for him to come back and went for tha chest but tha ? flinched/ducked and took it on tha chin (nh)...when he woke up we said we wouldn't play anymore smh

We played that ? , we called it buttermilk though. That ? started so many fights on the bus
  • MD_PROPER
    MD_PROPER Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Pick em up, mess em up".....they called it "killa man" in some other cities.
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Skully
    Stickball
    Street football.... 1 mississippi, 2 mississippi
    Table football during lunch with the triangular paper.
    Suicide aka Wall Ball
    Gladiator on Monkey Bars
    Egging buses during Halloween
    skateboarding behind UPS trucks
    shooting and practicing my aim with quarter water slingshots (Buy a 25 cent quarter water, cut it in half, and put a balloon at the drinking end securing it with a rubber band. I was shooting at cops cars breaking their windows and giving them flat tires.)

Before a pick up game I would warm up by playing Horse, 21, or Utah
  • BedStuy
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Keep up. You stand in a circle and pass the soccer ball. If you drop it or let it hit the ground then you get kicked in the ass by everyone.
    We called it "Taps" in NYC but you didn't get beat up if you dropped the ball. You were just eliminated. We also did it with a basketball. Ball heads would jump real high in the air and make creative passes. It was also a good way to work on your vertical (ups)
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man speaking of monkey bars in the 1st grade we had a dude ? his head open when he slipped and hit his head on the foot bar. He ended up being ? after that smh then he died senior yr of HS all bad
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The GOAT game in the neighborhood. Manhunt

? used to sneak out at 11-midnight to play
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smear..... First bounce fly. ? used to be out therr gettin clotheslined.
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We played this game called "drop the stick" plant a small stick in the middle of a heap of sand ,then everyone takes away a bit of sand each turn.The person that causes the stick to fall got 10 shades of ? kicked out of him.The only way to stop the ass whooping was reach and touch a designated "safe point" which was usually a tree or pole that would be 20-30 yards away.

The fat kids hated this game.
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bigbird_1 wrote: »
    Batman. ? used to get their chest caved in for saying words that begin with B and not saying Batman afterwards

Lol

We called it b-spice

And wasnt no safe word

If you said some ? that started with b, that was yo ass
  • endboss
    endboss Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Golden axe, sonic, mario cart and randomly clotheslining my friends.
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cybertr0n wrote: »
    Skully
    Stickball
    Suicide aka Wall Ball
    Gladiator on Monkey Bars
    shooting and practicing my aim with quarter water slingshots (Buy a 25 cent quarter water, cut it in half, and put a balloon at the drinking end securing it with a rubber band. I was shooting at cops cars breaking their windows and giving them flat tires.)

Where from homie NYC? And why the hell you call it skully? It's skelly

And what you know about that suicide life?

Damn you took me back homie.

Let me ask you though you ever played koko leaveo? I don't know how it's spelled but that ? was the best game ever @Cybertr0n
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Cybertr0n
    Yo I hype off the first post I didn't get to finish reading your ? .

This ? said Bean Shooters. Wow. We used to have wars with them ? .
    Egg wars on Halloween. Surf on the back of the bus.

You reminded me of a lot ? with that post.

I know you official now. Salute homie.
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lego wars - When we use to stay at my cousins crib on friday nights we'd go in his room and turn off the light then it was all out war, ? throwing legos in the dark. Bout 4-5 ? . Got ? up a couple times.

Hide and Seek

Backyard football

Open chest - Somebody make a circle wit they hand and if they get u to look down at it then they punch u in the chest and scream "Open chest" the rule was your hand had to be above your waist, if it wont then it didnt count. ? used to ? me off

Spin the bottle during school trips to the park in elementary and junior high

? Knuckles

Thumps (American way)

Japanese thumps - We had this japanese kid named Kazoo who moved to our school and when u would play thumps with him regularly he would be playing it the japanese way and always win. Basically in japan they pull back they middle finger using their other hand and then slam that ? into your knuckles. He broke his finger like 3 times doing that ? with us and would STILL be playing with the metal sling on his finger, that metal sling just made the ? hurt more but he had everybody playing it the japanese way.
  • BedStuy
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Where from homie NYC? And why the hell you call it skully? It's skelly
    That was a typo, I meant skelly. Use to put candle wax on mines. I'm from Cybertron, a Lo Life Decepticon B)
    And what you know about that suicide life?
    That was my ? yo. I always caught the ball when ? threw it off the wall but they couldn't catch mines because I had a weird way of throwing it. They were also scared to play with me because of how i would hit them with the ball if they dropped it. They didn't run fast enough back to the wall to be safe because my aim was perfect.
    Damn you took me back homie.
    My homies always tell me that I'm an iLL reminiscer. I take them back to a lot of good memories they forgot.
    Let me ask you though you ever played koko leaveo?
    I don't think i've heard of that one. Maybe i would recognize it if it's played
    @Cybertr0n
    Yo I hype off the first post I didn't get to finish reading your ? .

This ? said Bean Shooters. Wow. We used to have wars with them ? .
    Egg wars on Halloween. Surf on the back of the bus.

You reminded me of a lot ? with that post.

I know you official now. Salute homie.

Bean Shooters, that's the correct name. I was told to make the balloons short so it wouldn't backfire. I use all kinds of ammo (rocks, weed seeds).

Use to hang out with fam in Harlem and jump from roof to roof throwing and hitting muthafuckas with eggs. Bus surfing was the ? .

I was a bad ass Dennis the Menace type kid back in the days. Everyone knew me and know that i was up to no good.
  • BossDinero
    BossDinero Members Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Options
    Keep up. You stand in a circle and pass the soccer ball. If you drop it or let it hit the ground then you get kicked in the ass by everyone.
    We called it "Taps" in NYC but you didn't get beat up if you dropped the ball. You were just eliminated. We also did it with a basketball. Ball heads would jump real high in the air and make creative passes. It was also a good way to work on your vertical (ups)

Damn DAT brought back memories I forgot all about that ? . We called it Tips.
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    The GOAT game in the neighborhood. Manhunt

? used to sneak out at 11-midnight to play

? you grew up ? ....lol
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We called it like PIG, ? , ? etc. Drop the ball and you get a letter. Spell the word and you're outta the circle. No bounces. Bounces are for ? with no ability. Lol the white kids called it ? smh
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when I was in high school I played gta in real life this was in the 90's
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    me and my dead homie *sob* one time we made a fort out of a couch and pretended the rest of the floor was made of hot lava *sob* we used to pretend like we were care bears, but we couldn't figure out which one of us was a funshine bear or a sunshine bear *sob*
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    handball
    hustle /3 on 3 basketball
    horse
    1on 1
    make em take em
    hot potato
    bubble gum in a dish
    engine number nine
    down by the river
    herbie- it was some game me and my siblings or cousins played on long car trips evertime you spot a volks wagon you call it out and say its color
    red rover
    and some rhyming category game hands on vanilla 5 , gotta piece , need a piece, to know a piece no hesitation no demon stration subject names of cars for example and then you and your friends go down the line naming what ever category that was picked
    street football
    touch football
    throw up tackle- somebody throws the football in the air and whoever catches it gets tackled by everybody.
    war
    watergun fights

water bottle fights
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    Skully
    Stickball
    Suicide aka Wall Ball
    Gladiator on monkeybars

we called this chicken or chicken fight

we did the same thing in swimming pools except we used to sit on another kids shoulders and fight each other. I remember playing this game with some domincan chicks 15 years ago man her thighs were strong and my shoulders were tired ahh good times.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Two hand touch on the concrete, tackle on the grass

I call full time QB
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *king of kickball post*