Official Boston Celtics thread

Options

Comments

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Best case scenario we get Charlotte first round and Cleveland gets Chicago, we don't want Chicago first round

Charlotte is a better matchup for us, but I'm not scared of Chicago we've played well against them this season
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicago has underachieved this year but sometimes when the playoffs start and the game speeds up a team with as much experience and star power like Chicago has will turn it up a notch, that series could easily go 7 where I think we are capable of sweeping Charlotte
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited March 2016
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    The playoffs are gonna be a different monster for my Celtics.

Aye man, I distinctly remember u saying u were gonna be a nets fan after the pierce trade, u really trynna come back when we're winning after u wasn't with us during the 25 win season?
    Ive been with the Celtics since Xavier MacDaniels, Ding ? 3 pointer Todd Day, Dee Brown, Reggie Lewis, and when Rick Fox was a Celtic captain that one year. I earned mines.
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never thought Celtics would be in the top 5. I'm predicting a 1st round exit. Y'all might reach the 2nd round if y'all are playing against Hornets.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Cybertr0n wrote: »
    Never thought Celtics would be in the top 5. I'm predicting a 1st round exit. Y'all might reach the 2nd round if y'all are playing against Hornets.

Only worried about the Bulls in the first round, Pacers, Wiz, Hornets, Hawks or the Pistons will get that work
  • BedStuy
    edited March 2016
    Options

Only worried about the Bulls in the first round, Pacers, Wiz, Hornets, Hawks or the Pistons will get that work
    Hawks? ah hell naw. Pacers and Pistons can take y'all to 7 games. That fat boy Sully will run out of gas in 4 and that leprechaun Thomas will get pressured. I already see y'all bad habits which is gonna carry on into the playoffs. Y'all barely beat Knicks the last time and it was because their interior defense sucked
  • its....JOHN B
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Sully is a bully bruh and we ain't reliant on him, quit bringing up regular season games like it means anything, could the Lakers beat the Warriors in a series? Exactly now learn ? about spots your ? ass would go broke trying to bet on games because you don't have a clue
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Lmao this guy who's a knicks fan really tried coming in here and pointed to 1 close regular season game and thinks we won't get out the 1st round? Lol yall missed the playoffs 3 outta the past 4 years and u expect me to consider your opinion serious? And that "little leprechaun "has been better them any point guard yall have had in 20 years
  • BlackAX410
    Options

I feel we can play with anyone tbh but let the casuals keep sleepin the numbers back up that we're a quality team on both ends
  • BedStuy
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm not a Knicks fan. I only watch them because of melo. Everyone knows they have to bring their A game against the Warriors. Can't say the same about the Celtics. Y'all think your team got the juice now huh? Don't get gassed. 1st round exit pleighboi
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I'm not a Knicks fan. I only watch them because of melo. Everyone knows they have to bring their A game against the Warriors. Can't say the same about the Celtics. Y'all think your team got the juice now huh? Don't get gassed. 1st round exit pleighboi

You're a disgrace
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Nobody said we're contenders we're a quality team on the come up with good balance everyone on the roster is under 30. We have a top 15 scorer, rebounder, steals guy and assist man not including turner leading the league in assist off the bench. We're not just gonna get rolled on in the playoffs this year
  • BedStuy
    Options

You're a disgrace
    Melo nice but for the Knicks sake he might have to waive that ntc. Maybe Celtics can do the Knicks a favor and give them that pick this summer since y'all were trying to make something happen before the deadline
  • BedStuy
    Options
    We're not just gonna get rolled on in the playoffs this year
    Man, you don't even believe that. 1st round, early 2nd sweep if y'all get lucky.
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    We're not just gonna get rolled on in the playoffs this year
    Man, you don't even believe that. 1st round, early 2nd sweep if y'all get lucky.

Only teams I'm worried about is the cavs and a healthy bulls team, everyone else is beatable we force turnovers and move the ball, that translates into the playoffs
  • its....JOHN B
    edited March 2016
    Options
    http://youtu.be/K6f3G15VhyY

Imagine a backcourt with him and IT
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Yeah I think hield would be the best fit here
  • its....JOHN B
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yeah I think hield would be the best fit here

Yea and I think neither Bradley or Smart have to go in order for Hield to step in, I know if they drafted him that would be the big ? controversy around here because we are already flooded in the backcourt, but that's like Sacramento not drafting Shaq because they already have Olden Polynice, you don't not draft a bonafied star because you already have a solid player or players at the position, in 08 we had Posey and Tony Allen coming off the bench Avery and Smart would give us that type of dynamic just a little smaller in height, Turners minutes would suffer the most as much as I like him but I'm thinking a team will probably be willing to overpay for him this offseason anyway

Outside of some crazy ? happening like trading for Cousins and Durant signing here I think drafting Hield and signing Whiteside are the two moves I would love to see happen this offseason that isn't far fetched
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    I'm hearing horford is interested in coming, I'm not sure about hield being a star, something about 4 year players in college that doesn't sit well with me (outside of draymond ) a lot of those guys struggle on the next level but I feel hield would help us immensely with his shooting. A lot of celtics fans like turner and hes played well recently but we can move on from him and I'll be ok with it especially if rozier keeps improving (while smaller he's got a similar skill set to turner) I would like to see what some of these youngins can do
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Yea Horford or Whiteside and I'm happy this offseason, Horford seems more likely and probably a better fit even though I would like to see how good Whiteside could be under Stevens, as far as Hield historically you're right 4 year players don't usually translate into stars but I'm not going to fault Hield for that he did the right thing staying in school and now he's a lottery pick compared to a late first early second pick, his overall game has improved every year judging from the numbers you can call last year a breakout year but I would say this is his breakout year leading the nation in scoring and doing it in more than one fashion, he's small for a 2 but so is Avery and he's probably the same size as Smart so that wouldn't be the reason C's don't take him, he has a 6'9 wingspan and shown he can be a great defender which I know Ainge and them love to see, from what I see I think he can join that small group of players that have become stars maybe not superstars outside of Duncan but all stars to borderline all stars (Lillard, Green, etc..) and the 2 biggest reasons I think that outside of his natural talent is his work ethic which I keep hearing about and it shows on the court and the way Oklahoma plays for him, he's got leadership qualities
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    The middle of the East is tighter than dusty ? . I can see the Celtics bouncing back and finishing as a 4th seed.
  • its....JOHN B
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Goes to show how important Crowder is, IT might be the best player but I think Crowder is harder to replace, you can't plug Turner or Jerebko in for Crowder and get anywhere near the same results but if you lose IT for a short time you can get away with Turner being your primary ball handler and still win games
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    I expected this I've been telling people how essential crowder was on both ends the spacing is horrible and the perimeter defense is awful. Also I gotta say it, smart has been disappointing as ? , for as good as he is on defense hes a liability on offense like a mawfucka. I knew he couldn't shoot from distance but he even struggles to finish around the basket which is inexcusable, doesn't post up like he did in college and has a worse handle then I expected. Hes gotta justify that 6th pick soon
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Yea Smart sucks on offense I was hoping at least his shot would be more consistent since it looked like it was coming around at the end of last year, not sure the verdict is out on him just yet Turner for example has become a good fascillitator off the bench and Avery's jumper was as ugly as Smart's the first couple years, both took time but they eventually came around, I don't expect Smart to ever be a great offensive player but he's got to do better than the trash he is now
  • its....JOHN B
    edited March 2016
    Options
    By the way I didn't see the hype when I watched him at OKST, I just put my trust in the so called experts who hype him up and the organization who drafted him and figured they know something I don't, he is a Tony Allen level defender though that's probably his ceiling right there, not Dwayne Wade which I used to hear lol