Official Boston Celtics thread

1161718192022»

Comments

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kairo wrote: »
    Sixteen...the bench needs to step the ? up. They need to step up on offense. I see why we're rated so low offensively. It's not because of the starters.

Man smart and rozier gotta stop being bricklayers I mentioned smart's shooting splits in the NBA thread he needs to stop shooting so much he's a huge reason our games are close turnovers and missed shots ? our momentum
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I can’t defend him taking 11 threes that’s just ridiculous, it’s obviously more than him thinking he’s helping the team by taking them he’s got that contract in mind and doesn’t want to go into the offseason with the horrendous percentage he’s shooting, what Brad said before I think the Golden State game as long as the bench is taking good shots he doesn’t mind them taking them and I agree with that, when Kelly Olynyk missed a shot he would pump fake wide open shots and make the extra pass and more often than not it would turn into a wasted possession I hated that more than Smart taking shots but at no point can I defend 11 threes, he’s desperately trying to get in rhythm and is struggling mightily it’s becoming a mental hurdle, in November against Dallas I’m not worried about but let him do it in a more meaningful game which I don’t think will happen but if it does Brad deserves blame too
  • its....JOHN B
    Morris did that in the 4th last night because he wasn’t shooting well he passed up a wide open 3 drove with it and it ended up being a lost possession, just got to take it
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of his shots need to go to Tatum and brown who were 6/11 & 8/13 from the field respectively. I don't think he's useless but him taking more shots then both at 3-15 you've got to tone it down. Use your size in the post to finish at the basket going straight up. Use the pick and roll for passes mid range jumpers and floaters, enough with the erratic 3 point attempts
  • its....JOHN B
    edited November 2017
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Some of his shots need to go to Tatum and brown who were 6/11 & 8/13 from the field respectively. I don't think he's useless but him taking more shots then both at 3-15 you've got to tone it down. Use your size in the post to finish at the basket going straight up. Use the pick and roll for passes mid range jumpers and floaters, enough with the erratic 3 point attempts

He’s become such a good playmaker that it’s becoming overshadowed by the shooting, he made a lot of good plays in big moments last night, that segment where Tatum saved it and lobbed it to Smart, Smart bricked the floater saved it and lobbed it to Kyrie who hit a three might of been the play of the year
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

this is another reason why I think boston has a very strong chance to win the east they have kyrie the cavs don't.Cavs closer will be either "make the right play and pass to role players" lebron or a midget who can be neutralized by bigger defenders.

Never pay attention to what the media says unless it's zach lowe(bball analysis),woj or shams(news)
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • its....JOHN B
    Draper calling his first game tomorrow with Scal, I like Draper that’s one of the few I respect what he has to say and I think he’ll be good at it, him Scal are usually comedy together too it could be a look at the future after Gorman and Tommy