Look....We can all at least agree about this...................

DoUwant2go2Heaven
DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
Not one of us asked to be here! None of us asked to be born and come into existence. Correct?

Comments

• And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well yes, for normal humans at least.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven

Define "normal humans" please
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't ask to be born if you didn't exist
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    The_Jackal wrote: »

Correct. So there has to be a source of all existence that never had a beginning. Amen.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭

Correct. So there has to be a source of all existence that never had a beginning. Amen.

That's a pretty ? argument for the existence of ? tho
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven

That's a pretty ? argument for the existence of ? tho

I never claimed I was making an argument for the existence of ? though. His existence needs no argument, for His existence is clearly seen and understood by the creatures He made. Amen.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of us asked to be here, but we were always here since we are our parents and they are their parents.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    None of us asked to be here, but we were always here since we are our parents and they are their parents.

Who were our first parents?
  • And_So_It_Burns

I'm excluding all of the supernatural pre-destined events etc
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven

I see. So since we agree on the premise of the thread do you also agree that we have a purpose for being called into existence?
  • And_So_It_Burns

I see. So since we agree on the premise of the thread do you also agree that we have a purpose for being called into existence?

"Being called into existence" not at all. We're simply the result of two fertile humans engaging in reproduction activities that none of us asked for
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

Im gonna agree and disagree

Imo, what makes us, us, is the combination of our parents, so yes we have been here, but before our parents came together , we , were not us

• Ajackson17

Osiris and Isis.
  • Ajackson17
    Wuwop wrote: »

Im gonna agree and disagree

Imo, what makes us, us, is the combination of our parents, so yes we have been here, but before our parents came together , we , were not us

Kinda of like Gotenks and Vegeto/Gogeta from dragonbal z
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven

"Being called into existence" not at all. We're simply the result of two fertile humans engaging in reproduction activities that none of us asked for

How about the first humans?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven

Osiris and Isis.

Demons.
  • Ajackson17

Osiris and Isis.

Demons.

Nope, Christian viewpoint that everything else is demons. Osiris and Isis or their Egyptian name is Asar and Auset and represent the male and female human part of us, I think they were real people who got defied, but it's a concept of what it is to be a man and what it is to be a woman. Their son is for all young men to identify with so that they know how to rise up and take up your father's mantle. It's just allegorical stories to teach you something.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some schools of thought believe we do decide to be born and to which parents we will go. I don't recall my own existence before I was born, hell I wasn't even aware of my own existence as an individual separate from my parents until like age 2 or 3 so.....
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven

Osiris and Isis.

Demons.

Nope, Christian viewpoint that everything else is demons. Osiris and Isis or their Egyptian name is Asar and Auset and represent the male and female human part of us, I think they were real people who got defied, but it's a concept of what it is to be a man and what it is to be a woman. Their son is for all young men to identify with so that they know how to rise up and take up your father's mantle. It's just allegorical stories to teach you something.

1. It's not a "christian viewpoint" my friend. It's the word of ? . Thus it is Yeshuas viewpoint.
    2. He alone knows all truth for He is truth.
    3. If you aren't worshiping the true and living ? , you are worshiping a demon. Amen.
    4. There is no grey area. Only truth and lies. Light and darkness.
    5. Do you know Him?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Some schools of thought believe we do decide to be born and to which parents we will go. I don't recall my own existence before I was born, hell I wasn't even aware of my own existence as an individual separate from my parents until like age 2 or 3 so.....

therefore you agree with the premise. You didn't ask to be here, correct?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    LUClEN wrote: »
    I did

How and when?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't recall if I did or not.
  • Ajackson17
    edited January 2016

Osiris and Isis.

Demons.

1. It's not a "christian viewpoint" my friend. It's the word of ? . Thus it is Yeshuas viewpoint.
    2. He alone knows all truth for He is truth.
    3. If you aren't worshiping the true and living ? , you are worshiping a demon. Amen.
    4. There is no grey area. Only truth and lies. Light and darkness.
    5. Do you know Him?

I didn't worship them and I obviously said that they were humans who were defied to a conceptual understanding how a man and a woman should act and behave. And you know I don't believe Yeshua existed at all especially not as a demi-? . Never met the guy and you say soul or spirit then you better have some sort of measuring ability to show this exists through scientific understanding. Cause as etymology goes it means breath, wind, and air so is the soul oxygen??? It's clearly an allegorical meaning to something that can't be touch and felt through the five senses basically an ideology.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven

I don't recall if I did or not.

Lol. Of course you can't recall because you didn't cause your own creation. I bet you know the One who did though. Amen.