Best Affordable laptops for music production and visual arts

Options
silverfoxx
silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
My budget is 900

My recent laptop got jacked up after I tried to upgrade the RAM. Due to it, I may have lost all of my music and art smh.

So im looking for my next investment to be worthy and I won't have to upgrade anything.

I'm looking to compose instrumentals using fl studio, Omnisphere, maschine, Gladiator, nexus, and massive

And I'm also looking to do visual arts using Photoshop and after effects CC.

Any suggestions guys? Much appreciated man. It's been a stressful couple of weeks dealing with all of this.

Comments

• Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For around $150 more you can get a refurbished MacBook Pro that'll come with a warranty
  • Rubato Garcia
    Options
    I've done this twice, first one lasted 4 years and I'm still using the second one
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    I can't do a Macbook, I'm looking for a windows laptop
  • Rubato Garcia
    Options
    Alright, not too knowledgeable about what they have going at the moment but hopefully their hardware at that price point has improved. In my experience Windows ? works great out the box but tends to get bogged down after a few months of use and keeps gradually getting slower and slower.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Alright, not too knowledgeable about what they have going at the moment but hopefully their hardware at that price point has improved. In my experience Windows ? works great out the box but tends to get bogged down after a few months of use and keeps gradually getting slower and slower.

Thanks fam!
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How did you manage to jack up your laptop changing the Ram?
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Looooooooooong story. But its done. Stuck in Boot up mode.

Any suggestions for good laptops?
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Windows Boot up? If so then this should be an easy fix. My last laptop I got from eBay for a $140 and free shipping.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    My budget is 900

My recent laptop got jacked up after I tried to upgrade the RAM. Due to it, I may have lost all of my music and art smh.

if your hard drive is intact the data is still there an can be recovered. More than likely everything is intact.
    So im looking for my next investment to be worthy and I won't have to upgrade anything.

I'm looking to compose instrumentals using fl studio, Omnisphere, maschine, Gladiator, nexus, and massive

And I'm also looking to do visual arts using Photoshop and after effects CC.

Any suggestions guys? Much appreciated man. It's been a stressful couple of weeks dealing with all of this.

Get a desktop.

No, really... get a desktop. For less money than a laptop you can get a far faster desktop and decent audio interface, especially if you're running FL Studio. Trying to look at everything on a 15" 1080p display will suck ass. Doing it on a 19"+ is much easier on the eyes.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Looooooooooong story. But its done. Stuck in Boot up mode.

Any suggestions for good laptops?

just read this. All you need to do is pull your laptop's hard drive, stick it in a USB hard drive enclosure and connect it to another PC. All of your data can be backed up that way. A drive enclosure can be had for under $15 for a 2.5" joint made for laptop hard drives.