Sony's Former MMO Studio Bringing DC Universe Online to Xbox One

Options
MasterJayN100
MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
2989499-dcuo.jpg

DC Comics MMORPG DC Universe Online is headed to Xbox One, marking the first game from Daybreak--formerly Sony Online Entertainment--to come to to a non-PlayStation or PC platform.

This was revealed today during a Kinda Funny livestream from Daybreak's studio. The announcement coincides with the five-year anniversary of DCUO's release on PC and PS3. (It came out for PS4 at launch in November 2013.)

Specific details weren't shared except to say that the game will be released on Xbox One sometime this spring. This was also announced on the game's official Twitter account.

Daybreak did, however, confirm you "probably" won't be able to transfer your progress over from other platforms.

That Daybreak is bringing a game to Xbox isn't a big surprise, as the company announced its intentions to go multiplatform when it split from Sony. Daybreak now operates as an independent company.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sonys-former-mmo-studio-bringing-dc-universe-onlin/1100-6433697/

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was the original DCUO any good?
  • MasterJayN100
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

alot of people said yeah
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I play it from time to time on my PS4. Its a cool game if youre into MMO's. It would be much better with a keyboard and a friend or 2 to play with.

You can team up with a partner and do dungeons or events like go to Gorilla Island and help the flash beat Gorilla Grodd then you get this kick ass cutscene after each boss is down. The cutscenes are all comic art and are narrated. Its pretty cool. I havent gotten too far into it due to lack of friends to play with. Nobody uses a mic on ps4 for some reason, pretty frustrating lol.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Daybreak needs to focus on Everquest Next though.. i need that game in my life. Been wanting to return to Norrath since i was 13 lol.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It was dope but mfers who are higher level will crush you. Is the subscription fee still entact?
  • MasterJayN100
    Options
    all the nerds will be into this
  • Lou Cypher
    Options

It was dope but mfers who are higher level will crush you. Is the subscription fee still entact?

Its free to play. Has microtransactions for expansions and different things.

Or you can choose to pay a subscription, i think its 15 a month. If you subscribe you have access to all released expansions and everything else and future expansions you wont have to pay for.
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It was dope but mfers who are higher level will crush you.

so like any mmo then
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »

Its free to play. Has microtransactions for expansions and different things.

Or you can choose to pay a subscription, i think its 15 a month. If you subscribe you have access to all released expansions and everything else and future expansions you wont have to pay for.

I think back when it came out originally for the PS3 if you didn't have a subscription your level maxed out at like 25 or some ? . That's why I stopped playing.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ill wait for something like champion onlone now. With all these hero movies somebody sitting on a gold mine