2016 Oscar Nominations Announced

13»

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    So she should be rewarded with an Oscar nomination for an average performance cause she's black?

Nah probably because it was still better than some who were nominated. Rooney Mara for example was bland and cold in Carol and it wasn't because the role required it to be.

She was just very one dimensional and unengaging and came across as out of her element with Blanchett acting laps around her all over the place.

However she will probably get it for playing a closeted ? . Even though Winslet is the only nominee who actually deserves that award.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Broddie wrote: »
    So she should be rewarded with an Oscar nomination for an average performance cause she's black?

Nah probably because it was still better than some who were nominated. Rooney Mara for example was bland and cold in Carol and it wasn't because the role required it to be.

She was just very one dimensional and unengaging and came across as out of her element with Blanchett acting laps around her all over the place.

However she will probably get it for playing a closeted ? . Even though Winslet is the only nominee who actually deserves that award.

Lmao damn don't do rooney like that. I thought she did aite. But like i said before tho i woulda taken emily blunt's performance over it.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emily Blunt definitely got snubbed but in her case it would've been best actress and not best supporting.
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if the oscars weren't racist the nominations are still ? .
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emily Blount Should Get An Oscar Nom For Making This Face The Entire TIme In Sicario

video-sicario-cartels-featurette-superJumbo.jpg