‘10 Cloverfield Lane’ 2016

Options

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I heard this good movie is good

Credit the dudes who wrote the cellar....

Apparently it was an awesome ? screen play.... It could have totally worked as a stand alone movie..... But Abrams wanted to tag Cloverfield on it
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Abrams wants to make Cloverfield into a cinematic version of Black Mirror/Twilight Zone/The Outer Limits apparently.

It's not a bad movie but it has NOTHING to do with the first aside from some small references and reused props. DWO hit the nail on the head, this is a retooled renamed script from 2013.

As a film in and of itself, it's actually pretty absorbing although Mary Elizabeth Winstead is a bit wooden at times. Goodman does a very credible job. The soundtrack and editing is on point but anyone expecting to see the Cloverfield monster will be disappointed.

So it's Super 8 2.0?
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    maybe its not about aliens and ? like the last one. I mean the tagline says "monsters come in many forms', maybe theyrye referring to john goodman as the monster and hes a monster ? hes"kidnapping" people pretending theres a catastrophe out there..
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want to see this out of curiosity but at the sametime I don't if there isn't any actual threats in this movie besides human paranoia.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    There is no monster in this. It shouldn't be called Cloverfield. Nothing to do with that movie

Then what was the big glow from behind the house?
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this raises a question, say you write an awesome story or screen play, and some big time producer wants to buy the rights to it and change it up to it a franchise that had nothing to do with your creative process or inspiration....

would you be like ? it, i'll take the check?

or be like, naw b, my ? good enough to stand alone...either invest in the project and help us make this in our vision, or find another story for your franchise.....
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    this raises a question, say you write an awesome story or screen play, and some big time producer wants to buy the rights to it and change it up to it a franchise that had nothing to do with your creative process or inspiration....

would you be like ? it, i'll take the check?

or be like, naw b, my ? good enough to stand alone...either invest in the project and help us make this in our vision, or find another story for your franchise.....

Todd Mcfarlane need to rent his ? out to someone so we can finally get that rebboot. Though in regards to your question it really is up to that person if they care more about their artistic freedom or do they trust a studio won't butcher their story too much.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    John Goodman is killin that lil part in the trailer lmao

I swear it captures years of movie going and the exact tone ? watching say ?

Do-not-open-the-door! We will die!. They are the monsters! The door opening equals death!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    How wack was this on a scale of 1-5. I already know the posters that have ? taste in movies but I ain't gonna call names.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    I tried to sit through the first one but about 30 mins in I got a headache from all the damn camera movement and never thought about watching that ? again
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can somebody drop the major plot twist in a spoiler? I didn't care for the first clover field movie but I'd be a damn lie if I said I wasn't curious what the big secret is. I'm gonna wait til this ? on cable to watch.
  • bscoop
    bscoop Members Posts: 478 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some harsh reviews in here. I thought it was a good movie. The twist and what was going on away from them would have been interesting to watch. Feels like there could be a sequel. It's hard to compare it to other movies but I'd say it's similar to Ex Machina. If you like that tone you'd probably like this.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this movie similar to that film " the divide"?
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my office building literally shares a parking lot with this big movie theater thats next door. Get off at 5, they got a 5pm showtime. im gon go check this right after work. i'll be back
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seen this at the IMax, I really enjoyed it.
  • Mciti
    Mciti Members Posts: 232 ✭✭
    Options
    It was not bad at all. Goodman was great playing a paranoid conspiracy ass niiga. The ending of it was a flip but you couldn't keep your eyes off it
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    Pumped for this and I've never even seen Cloverfield. John Goodman is underrated as hell and one of my favorite actors.

LOL how did I get no-signed for saying John Goodman is an underrated actor.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Really liked the movie just didn't like the tie in to cloverfield at the end.
    The movie ends with something out of the farmhouse scene in Spielberg’s War of the Worlds, with Michelle escaping from Howard and getting outside of the shelter, only to find that aliens have invaded and are hunting people. She must outwit a worm-like attack dog and then do exactly what Tom Cruise did in War of the Worlds, introducing an explosive device into a biological looking orifice on an alien craft to escape from its massive tentacles. Then, after all of this, she embarks to Houston to kick some alien ass, in a “the battle is over, let’s fight the war” kind of ending cribbed from Battle: Los Angeles. In the last shot, flashes of lightning reveal alien ships in the distance, indicating the film-long struggle we just witnessed is comparatively minuscule.

In the original script, Michelle escapes the shelter and is chased through the farmhouse by Howard, who still wants to “protect” her. She blinds him with bathroom cleaner, he tells her about his tragic life (dead wife, missing daughter, treacherous Nate, etc.), and then she shoots him in the kneecap and runs away. He ends the movie alive, entreating Michelle to “be careful.” Later, after traveling down empty roads and finding no one around to help her, she crests a hill and sees the Chicago skyline, smoldering and destroyed. No explanation is given. We don’t even know what she will do next, only that she now knows that Howard, for all his oddity, was correct. The final line in the script is, “She slowly pulls down the mask on the hazmat suit before taking a breath.”
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    saw it.. meh.. cs like others have said John Goodman did his thang in the movie.. but had nothing to do with the first cloverfield. Wasnt bad, but wasnt anything impressive to me