Where does CM Punk rank on your GOAT list?

Options
jono
jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2016 in Off The Turn Buckle
cm-punk.jpg

Where does CM Punk rank on your GOAT list? 12 votes

The GOAT
0%
Top 5
8%
VIBE 1 vote
Top 10
0%
Top 15
25%
Dupac  Colin$mackabi$hwillhustle 3 votes
Top 20
33%
BeleeDatPleighboyits....JOHN BAlready Home_17Peezy_Jenkins 4 votes
20 +
33%
Chi-Town BullyTheBoyRoTonyDubbzBeefer77 4 votes

Comments

• BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Top 20
    WWE's fault he isnt higher

bruh coulda been the face of the "Reality Era"

but Vince and nem wasnt going for it

some of that blame could be placed with Punk

Both sides lost a ? ton of money because of it tho

def a top 5 promo guy imo

• willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Top 15
    I can't put Punk in any Top 5 or 10 because really Punk wasn’t a top draw like a Hogan, Austin, Rock, or Cena. I give Punk props for publicly calling out Vince & HHH on their ? especially HHH. He is very outspoken individual and gives no ? about mincing words about who/what he doesn't like. Punk was a victim of WWE's incompetentance from the time he started. His time in ECW2.0, His failed first run as World Champion, S.E.S failed run etc, all of which creative had a hand in.

When he went on that summer tirade about Cena/HHH & The McMahons things only seem to change because he was walking out the door and the company didn't have anybody else but Cena. But even when Punk had that 14 month title reign ? didn't change because he never main event PPVs because part-time guys got those spots. Looking back, that horrible Cena/Rock II match from WM 29 should have been a triple-threat instead of Punk jobbing out to Undertaker in a match. After that the writing was on the wall for Punk. I can't blame Punk for walking out on WWE for being mistreated, abused, & put in ? storylines/matches. I just hate he walked out in the middle of Wrestlemania season.

I hope he does well in UFC because if he doesn't he can't come back to the WWE after all the beef & tension w/him and HHH. He would look like a fool.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Taker
    Bret
    Shawn
    Rock
    Austin
    Savage
    Flair
    Sting
    Benoit
    Eddie
    Kurt

just off the top of my head he doesnt ? my top 20 maybe top 30ish
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Top 20
    punk is a reason a lotta people got back into watching wrestling, i know b4 the pipe bomb was all a blur for me.
  • jono
    Options
    I give Punk credit, he woke up a dormant part of wrestling fandom. He then was able to get the wrestling geeks and the Average Joe to be into the same guy which is a rare occurance these days.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Top 5
    Top 10 for a new era guy, but not overall, he will prob fall top 15/20.

He's the guy that I just happened to catch the night he dropped that pipe bomb. Kid was into wrestling, I caught it in pieces here and there and when Punk did that, I sat down and was hooked.

He was great in the ring, amazing on the mic, did storytelling well, he got sloppy towards the end of his career. You could tell he was frustrated and tired. You could see it wasn't in his heart. He left due to ? w the bosses. Can't blame him. He could've been the top guy. Easily been a top draw, he was outselling Cena in merch at the time.

They should've gave him his shine. His WM moment.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Top 5
    annnnnnd I realize I clicked top 5, smh, top 10 I mean
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Top 15
    punk is a reason a lotta people got back into watching wrestling, i know b4 the pipe bomb was all a blur for me.

i can attest to this, i've said it numerous times, i was just scrollling though the channels one day, and saw him on smack down
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeAVVzZuTqo

this ? had a ? in tears, and i literally started watching again cuz of dude.....

i missed almost everythign from 2000-2010

punk brought me back
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    20 +
    He quit so he aint even in my top 50 he dont even do it anymore, ? em
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    20 +
    DWO wrote: »

i can attest to this, i've said it numerous times, i was just scrollling though the channels one day, and saw him on smack down
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeAVVzZuTqo

this ? had a ? in tears, and i literally started watching again cuz of dude.....

i missed almost everythign from 2000-2010

punk brought me back

lmfao this ? was funny though, couldnt believe he straight up disrespected that man infront of his family like that.

• jono
    Options
    SES Punk is one of my favorite heel gimmicks of all time. Trolling Jeff Hardy, humiliating Rey Mysterio, it was all so good