Bob Arum Says He Paid J. Prince 600K To Prevent Him From Hurting Floyd Mayweather

MrCrookedLetter
MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2016 in From the Cheap Seats
Floyd-Mayweather-J-Prince.png

J. Prince has a reputation of being a ruthless label boss. He’s also a boxing manager, and a young Floyd Mayweather was one of his clients.

Mayweather got new management in 2003, and then set up a fight with famed promoter Bob Arum.

In an interview with Highly Questionable, Arum explained what happened next. A bunch of goons came into his gym, and sent a message to Mayweather.

Some people came over – with or without the knowledge of James Prince — and preceded to break a couple heads of people in Mayweather’s camp with baseball bats. And so the gym was splattered with blood. And Floyd came in to my office the next day and said Prince wants the money from the fight that’s coming up.”

So Arum cut Prince a check for 600K, which would have been his fee if he was still managing Mayweather.

Arum went on to say that he’s dealt with Prince since, and has always found him to be a professional and a man of his word. He added that whatever happened between Prince and Mayweather was their business, and he’s too smart to get involved sorting it out.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdu9w8HsrKU&app=m&persist_app=1

http://news.hiphopearly.com/bob-arum-says-paid-j-prince-600k-prevent-hurting-floyd-mayweather/

Comments

• illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Arum is a ? ' clown..
    He been hating ever since Mayweather left top rank and became filthy rich..
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    heard this story years ago... I believe it j. prince is not a nigguh too be ? with

I just heard today that Draper from Suave House was a victim of J. Prince too
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    heard this story years ago... I believe it j. prince is not a nigguh too be ? with

I just heard today that Draper from Suave House was a victim of J. Prince too

J. Prince is not to be ? with but what's the backstory between him and Tony Draper.

Tony Draper was and Suave House was buzzing hard around the mid to late 90s then they feel off and Draper seemingly disappear.

Anybody know the backstory to why please drop it.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is old news ,? been knew this story
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tony Draper thought he was running Texas, he had to be humbled. Plus he tried to ? Tela so Tela signs to j prince all nonsense stops. draper was a ? dude but he got corrected.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    old news , this whyFloyd starting running with 50 originally
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaBull wrote: »

Nah, ya math aint addin up. That Prince thing happened in 2003, May and 50 weren't rockin like that yet
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know why anyone would believe Arum. The only thing that makes it seem legit is the J. Prince name drop. Feds can't even get a case to stick on him, and ? been running scared of him since the late 80s/early 90s when I first heard of him.

Hell, I thought it was all rumors until he had that goon squad run up on the bootlegger on the ? news and my man looked like his world was going to stop.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S2J wrote: »
    DaBull wrote: »

Nah, ya math aint addin up. That Prince thing happened in 2003, May and 50 weren't rockin like that yet

I don't believe that's why they linked up but 50 and Floyd apparently knew each other and was close way before it was on camera
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this old news ....they said Ellerbe was one of dudes who got that work in the gym
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HQ is by far the best show on ESPN.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember this. Something happened with j Prince and Shane mosely 2
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    I don´t know why ? with money be fearing other ? like that, ? , just hire an assassin, a sniper, ex war vet or them russian/east european professional hired guns, none of this hood ? , have a ? on the roof and take him out, or follow the ? to his restaurant pay someone to poison the food he ordered...not on some dumb hood ? like putting money on a ? head, or looking for him in the streets or that other dumb ?
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don´t know why ? with money be fearing other ? like that, ? , just hire an assassin, a sniper, ex war vet or them russian/east european professional hired guns, none of this hood ? , have a ? on the roof and take him out, or follow the ? to his restaurant pay someone to poison the food he ordered...not on some dumb hood ? like putting money on a ? head, or looking for him in the streets or that other dumb ?

Simple.... because most nikkas ain't built like that.

Lil J is a certified solid street nikka. Them goons and hitmen he got been down w/ him since forever. There's loyalty there. He ain't gotta worry bout nobody flippin' on him.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

hands down, not even close
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anything happen to diddy or birdman or whoever else he warned to pay for drake or any payment?
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭

PTI

I cant stand when lebetard brings his dad on.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aneed123 wrote: »

and Winky Wright
  • uncommonsense
    uncommonsense Members Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Crude_ wrote: »
    Tony Draper was and Suave House was buzzing hard around the mid to late 90s then they feel off and Draper seemingly disappear.

Anybody know the backstory to why please drop it.

Politics as usual. Look into a Southside Houston Brotha by the name of Smitty (R.I.P.) Had Pepa boppin' in her prime out here back in the gap.

"Hey, listen, at the end of the day, when I look at guys, and some rappers that I ain't going to mention, that talk about gangsta, talk about street, talk about going to jail, talk about being hard on the street, that remind of Floyd Mayweather. Floyd Mayweather is no tough guy. And Floyd Mayweather can tell you about, and Ellerbe can tell you about when a couple of guys came up in Top Rank's gym and they was taking two to three weeks to scrub blood out of the stains of the carpet that was in there. Where was the gangsta then? See, they know I know." - Bernard Hopkins

Floyd made a comment back in the day, I don't remember it word for word but basically it was to the tune of, "One lesson I learned from this whole ordeal is J. Prince doesn't play when it comes to his money"

HQ is a dope show but I hate they gave Arum's Jew ass the platform to speak on this dead issue but you know he relish at any chance to get at Floyd. I think that was probably the first time I heard him speak straightforward without pussyfooting around.
    TheGOAT wrote: »

PTI

I cant stand when lebetard brings his dad on.

No love for Papi? LOL,, I admit he can be annoying at times when he tries to hard but I ? with him cuz' he got no filter.
  • uncommonsense
    uncommonsense Members Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭
    @aneed123
    aneed123 wrote: »

BT: What's poppin, SugarMan? I thought by this time today, we would be talking about your victory over Anthony Mundine.

SM: I know. Me too, man. They out there on some different stuff, man. They tried to be slick.

BT: So I heard. What the heck happened over there?

SM: What happened was when I went out there, they were supposed to give me $700,000 before I entered the ring 10 days before the fight. So Joe, J [Prince] and Josh [Dublin] was trying to get at him [Vlad Warton] and he couldn't be found. He was trying to get the money, the $700,000. So what was going on is he wouldn't answer them until the last minute. They were like, "Where's he at? Go find him and put him on the find right now!" But he wasn't out there. Every now and then he'd say, "I'ma get it. I'ma get it," but then he would just take off. I think what they were trying to do was get the pay-per-view buys out there first and then pay me the money. The problem was that the contract stated that we get the money upfront. I think the reason for that was because Roy [Jones Jr.] or somebody else didn't really get paid the money they were supposed to get paid [when they fought in Australia]. They'll say, "Oh yeah, we're going to take care of it," but then it don't happen and you end up fighting for free. So he's telling me he's getting a line of credit from the bank, $500,000, and then he's giving me $200,000 cash. But I'm like, no, we're supposed to have all of it 10 days before. I waited and waited and waited and tried to let them get it, but they never got it. Even up until the weigh-in, he still didn't have the money. So when I'm at the airport, I think it was Anthony Mundine's manager who called me and said, "Don't leave. We have the money; all $700,000." So now I'm like, you know what, they getting money from all these people that are betting and stuff like that; they're trying to get money from these different people and these people basically want Anthony to win. If they want Anthony to win, then I have to knock him out to win. If I don't knock him out, then it's a wrap; I lost the fight. I didn't want a fight like that. I was going to fight him because they were going to pay me $1 million, but then, there was a chance I wouldn't get it because they're trying to pay me from the pay-per-view? Anthony's still gotta get paid too. I wasn't going to get all mine and he wasn't going to get all of his; that's why I was trying to get mine upfront because I didn't want them to say, "Well, we didn't make any money on the pay-per-view buys." And by the way, they only sold 1500 seats, and that was like a day before the weigh-in, so that means that they didn't even have enough to pay me let alone Anthony Mundine, so what are they gonna pay?