The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options
Mister B.
Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
We need a thread to put all the election news, updates, foolishness, etc....

Sticky, please?

Comments

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wish I could vote for Obeezy again
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think that we've had a good, let alone great, president in a few decades, and 2016 isn't going to change this trend.
  • Plutarch
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Wish I could vote for Obeezy again

Funny, I wish I could've taken my vote back...still the coolest president we've ever had though.
  • Plutarch
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Oh ? we got new reactions told yall the IC was gonna get suped up in 2016. This only the beginning..... The best is yet to come :+1: .

still seems like a lot though. what's the difference between nosign and disagree?
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ANYBODY BUT BERNIE SANDERS
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AMERICA IS ? the only question is to what degree and how much in which hole.

If trumps wins there will most likely be increased racial problems as well as potential problems with china, i also for some reason think trump will take america back to a more isolationist foreign policy

if hillary wins social liberalism will increase and american culture will continue to slide into the depths of feminism homosexuality and hedonism more utter foolishness that degrade and destroy any sensible civilization.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Is gas gonna stay cheap?
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Trump is not going to win
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can Bill be Hillarys VP running mate or is there a rule against that?
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Hillary loses Iowa, she will already be in the hole because she is expected to lose to Bernie's neighboring state of New Hampshire. She has to win the South Carolina primary or she is in trouble.

I think Trump is going to get the nomination but the funny thing is Rubio could possibly give Hillary that work in a general election due to him being from Florida and a Latino. I think Trump loses to Hillary, but if Bloomberg jumps in the race, there is no telling which one will win bc Blomberg might siphon votes from both parties in the election.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Can Bill be Hillarys VP running mate or is there a rule against that?

I think he can but that would be a bad political move
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since Obama proved that no matter who's in office nothing will be done for black folks, can one of you ? explain to me why I should vote? (I never voted in a presidential election in my life)
  • Mister B.
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    Since Obama proved that no matter who's in office nothing will be done for black folks, can one of you ? explain to me why I should vote? (I never voted in a presidential election in my life)

1) Obama never proved that. He couldn't be the black president and just cater his presidency to AAs in America. There's not enough of us for that. We're not the majority, so we couldn't elect him on our own (and he got 95% of the black vote in '08). He had to be the AMERICAN president, who was black. That's what a lot of people didn't - and still don't understand.

2) Voting isn't a popularity contest. You're supposed to cast a vote on people you feel are the most qualified to lead. That's where people go wrong at, too.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Hilary needs to tool up and be more assertive , its her race to lose

i just dont trust how blacks are gushing over Bernie Sanders ,only to get disappointed and turn your backs on him when his very left ideas end up not working.

Whats Hillary got in hand for black folks tho?

Bernie seems to be the better option imo.

Hillary will basically be more of the same of the past 8yrs.

And ? Obamacare
  • ghostdog56
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »

1) Obama never proved that. He couldn't be the black president and just cater his presidency to AAs in America. There's not enough of us for that. We're not the majority, so we couldn't elect him on our own (and he got 95% of the black vote in '08). He had to be the AMERICAN president, who was black. That's what a lot of people didn't - and still don't understand.

2) Voting isn't a popularity contest. You're supposed to cast a vote on people you feel are the most qualified to lead. That's where people go wrong at, too.

Mexicans aren't the majority and he singled them out with immigration laws, ? aren't the majority and he singled them out with ? rights, hell Jews aren't the majority and he gave some of them reparations for some ? that didn't happen here, does that make him the Mexican,Jew,or ? president?
    So why do you feel helping black people who are an underserved people in this country makes him a"black" president? It seems like some of you just like waiting at the back of the bus.
  • ghostdog56
    Options
    313 wayz wrote: »

Obama is not the end all be all for black folk. We have to vote b/c you are not just voting for the president but you are voting for people and proposals that impact you locally (City, County and State positions such as District Attorneys, County Sheriffs, Mayors, Circuit Court Judges, etc). You don't vote and you run the risk having someone getting elected whose ideals and proposed laws don't agree with how you should see it. Plus by voting you can be selected for jury duty and could possibly make a difference on the outcome of a case.

I said presidential election not local, and you can get pulled for jury duty by paying property taxes
  • ghostdog56
    Options

i just dont trust how blacks are gushing over Bernie Sanders ,only to get disappointed and turn your backs on him when his very left ideas end up not working.

And ? Obamacare

According to people on here you shouldn't expect Hillary to do anything for black people because that would make her a "black" president and she is the president of all America, that just doesn't include black people
  • Mister B.
    edited January 2016
    Options

And ? Obamacare
    According to people on here you shouldn't expect Hillary to do anything for black people because that would make her a "black" president and she is the president of all America, that just doesn't include black people

Ain't nobody say ? about riding with Hilary. I'd rather Bernie try and fail then Hilary know ? ain't right out here and not do a ? thing to fix it.

Personally, I'm more to go with an Independent.
  • TheGOAT
    Options

And ? Obamacare

Ain't nobody say ? about riding with Hilary. I'd rather Bernie try and fail then Hilary know ? ain't right out here and not do a ? thing to fix it.

Personally, I'm more to go with an Independent.

I always vote 3rd party but actually leaning toward Bernie this year
  • TheGOAT
    Options

And ? Obamacare

i did no say Hillary was better , im just saying be weary of politicians they will say anything to win.

and i doubt Bernie Sanders will get to do what he wants if he wins and yall will cry.

Im sure Bernie wont accomplish what he wants.

Same way Trump wont accomplish the ? he says he will do.

The presidency is basically a popularity contest. And politic/congress are mainly a huge joke.

But based on their ideals i like Bernie
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This election ? SUCKS
  • Mister B.
    Options
    Anyonw watching this town hall? Bernie talking that ? . Bernie probably has the best ideas of everyone, but no ? way would any of his policies pass.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Anyonw watching this town hall? Bernie talking that ? . Bernie probably has the best ideas of everyone, but no ? way would any of his policies pass.

I missed bernie but saw o' Malley

Glad we got some black folks reppin for des moines askin questions.

People probably watchin at home shocked to see black folks in Des Moines
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like Bernie's policies best on the Democratic side. The ACA should have been our universal health care law, but it was like the diet coke of universal care.

Bernie is a realist though. He even said in the democratic townhall meeting that his vision won't come to fruition without a political revolution in this country. Congress, both houses and both parties, are bought and paid for by donors, they aren't passing anything on Sanders' agenda.