PLEASE STOP BUYING SEASON PASSES AND D.L.C BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!

PILL_COSBY
PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
REAL TALK!

This ? is starting to be the norm now at days. Pretty much every big game that drops has this ? now. Even the less popular games are pulling this ? . Please stop being sheep, because you will regret it later. The graphics and power has increased but the quality is going down. These companies are also getting even more greedy. They starting to care more about the money than making a complete great game. If you noticed, they are charging more for this stuff and the quality of it has gone waaay down. The latest screw job is cutting the best content out of the game and releasing it later to "buy"(metal gear, batman, and destiny for example). D.L.C, expansions/ADD-ON's used to actually be just that. "Extra original content" that they made up later, after the game is out for a while. You pay a few extra $$$'s and extend your game play. It was actually worth the extra $$$ and sometimes you got more than what you paid for(gta4 for example).

Please stop supporting this ? before they start charging $40 - $50(or more). Just look at batman, all the sheep bought that ? . Then started crying about getting screwed lol. When them ? at game stop asked me if I wanted to buy a season pass for $34.00(after paying $65.00 for the game). I knew right then it was ? . I laughed at destiny & killer instincts too(huge rip off). They really releasing games 60% - 80% complete and sale you the rest by dressing it up as "D.L.C/add-on/expansions" smh. What makes it worse, the content be short as ? and not even worth what they charged. They getting so bold that they be announcing this ? before the game even comes out WTF?!!! Plus they don't even give you any real info on the ? . But sheep still buy it regardless, even if you don't know what the hell it is smh. Last but not least, they don't even check they games for bugs that well anymore. Lately, every game that drops on the new systems got game breaking issues. They game testers are either ? ? . Or they just be throwing the games out there knowing that they ? up. How the ? are are we letting them get away with charging us full price for a broken and half - 80% done games?

Call of duty kick started this smh. They saw how sheepish call of duty fans are and ran with it. Gone are the days of complete games. That you had to unlock ? , or put a code in to get the extra content. Everything is starting to get locked behind a pay wall. You got to pay money to "unlock it". Most of y'all don't know this, but a lot of this ? is already in the game. Or they made space to add it in later smh. When ed boon(the maker of mortal kombat) did this ? with MK10 I knew ? hit the fan. He was one of the few people speaking against this ? . ? charging $5.00 for extra characters that could have just been put in the game from the jump! 8 characters is gonna run you $40!!!!!!!! $25 more and you bought the game over again.

Pass this on please.

Comments

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • PILL_COSBY
    Beta wrote: »
    Talk to em!

Bruh, that MK10 ? was the last straw. I just pre ordered that new naruto and that ? even has a season pass lol!!!!!! It's supposed to be the last game and that's the only reason why I got the season pass for it. Plus my little brother work at game stop so I got a discount on the season pass and game. If it wasn't for these two factors I wouldn't have ? with it.

In before the "? you broke" sheep come in talking that sheep talk. ? aint gonna wake up till the whole game ? up(like usual).
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dig what you saying
  • PILL_COSBY
    Man, don't that ? ? you off when you go to buy a game and they start talking about bundles, special editions, deals, store credits, sign up on the videogames web site, and a bunch of other ? ? I feel like katt williams when he ask for weed now at days.

"No ? !!!, I just want the regular game"

I don't even be hype for video games like that anymore. It's not that I'm growing out of it. It's just becoming not about the games anymore. It's like how the sheep were knocking nintendo for trying new innovative things. But as soon as they hit, and sony and microsoft straight up jacked their ideas. All of a sudden they love it!!!!!!!

This is the main reason why there's really no difference between XB1 & PS4. The sheep will continue the senseless console war and make up ? . Why do you think they're so focused on 1st party/exclusive games now all of a sudden? Playstation basically has no 1st party games and pay out of the ass to get a few exclusives here and there. Usually these games come out for the others after a few months anyway. But PS4 is outselling everyone lol. PS4 players were talking ? about halo but they love them some destiny though(same ? as halo and by the same makers). 97% of the games are on the same consoles, with the same similar design and damn near the same everything.

But ? want to complain about "innovation", "something new". Do they not understand that this is they fault?
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm mad as hell I bought the season pass for rainbow six. And you Damn right about selling a game that's half completed
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    This been happening for an long time now, it's late
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MK X is the last fighting game I'm buying on release date because WB is getting as bad as Capcom with these different releases of the same game. It's the reason why I stopped playing/buying Street Fighter years ago because Capcom put out Street Fighter IV (OG game), Super SF IV (w/a few new characters), & Ultra SF IV (w/new characters, game modes+attires). WB is just about bad they did the same ? with Injustice $120 for 2 versions of the same game.

I might cough up that extra $20 for the Kombat Pack 2 but WB just told people who bought MK X on day 1 that "Your season pass don't mean ? ". At least with Arkham Knight when you bought a season pass all dlc was covered by it. The gaming industry is out of control.... $60 for a game + $30-40 w/season pass. The main reason I'm picky about buying games.
  • PILL_COSBY
    ^it's out of control because of the sheep and casuals^

I said that same thing about street fighter. I haven't ? with a street fighter game since alpha 2. I just borrowed the others from all the suckers who kept on buying them. Back in the day when they did this ? it was actually a new game and it was a year or two apart. Or there was a game changing difference in them. Then they started to just drop them every few months and ? . Like I said to a die hard street fighter fan on here before. I can't even remember all the titles or how many they've released since alpha 2. Them ? was even re releasing old remastered games smh. I ? lost it when Marvel vs capcom 3 ultimate edition dropped like 6 or 7 months later. I knew something was up with MVC3 when they didn't have the same amount of characters or levels as MVC2. That tells me that they already had that ? ready to drop when they dropped the regular version lol.

Street fighter 5 bout to be the next biggest screw job. That ? look just like street fighter 4. Also the games have gone backwards instead of forward. These games play like the old street fighter with upgraded graphics. But just take a look at the street fighter 5 thread though.

I glad ? finally started seeing through assassins creed though.

• The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never buy season passes. The last DLC I bought was all the weapon skin for Gears of War. I always felt that season pass ? was a rip off. I don't even buy map packs when they release them for COD.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^it's out of control because of the sheep and casuals^

I said that same thing about street fighter. I haven't ? with a street fighter game since alpha 2. I just borrowed the others from all the suckers who kept on buying them. Back in the day when they did this ? it was actually a new game and it was a year or two apart. Or there was a game changing difference in them. Then they started to just drop them every few months and ? . Like I said to a die hard street fighter fan on here before. I can't even remember all the titles or how many they've released since alpha 2. Them ? was even re releasing old remastered games smh. I ? lost it when Marvel vs capcom 3 ultimate edition dropped like 6 or 7 months later. I knew something was up with MVC3 when they didn't have the same amount of characters or levels as MVC2. That tells me that they already had that ? ready to drop when they dropped the regular version lol.

Street fighter 5 bout to be the next biggest screw job. That ? look just like street fighter 4. Also the games have gone backwards instead of forward. These games play like the old street fighter with upgraded graphics. But just take a look at the street fighter 5 thread though.

I glad ? finally started seeing through assassins creed though.

I personally think anybody is crazy for buying SF V when it's basically the same graphics & gameplay from SF IV. I give the Street Fighter series credit for having long-term gameplay cycle as far as being played in gaming tournaments around the world & online tournaments. That's where it stops. Street Fighter has been around nearly 30 years and they have barely inserted new characters into the series. I think they used the same roster from Street Fighter II up until Ultra SF IV. At least with the Mortal Kombat series new characters was added with each game dropped.

I had MvC3 and I really didn't like it at all. If I'm going to play Street Fighter I prefer to play Super SF II the new releases don't do it for me.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hol up wouldnt the storm 4 season pass just be costumes and maybe 1 or 2 characters?
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did Somebody Re-up An Old Thread From 06-07 Cuz This Thread Would've Been Relevant Then
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't recall buying a season pass. I do buy some dumb dlc on occasions though.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, say it ain't so. The IC is whining about DLC now. Come on. Some developers do pull some ? with DLC. That's true, but DLC isn't intrinsically bad. In fact, at it's core, it's a good thing.

For example, I bought the Bloodborne DLC. For $20, I basically got another 10-20 hours of gameplay and content for a game I loved. Why would I complain about that?

Street Fighter V is another example. Instead of making a bunch of different versions of the game as Capcom has done in the past. They are adding on that content as DLC. The important stuff (e.g. characters) can be earned for free or bought if you don't feel like putting in the work) and the extra stuff (e.g. alternate costumes) can be bought.

It all depends on how the DLC is done. If developers are out there making half-assed games and charging for content that would have been included from the beginning in the past. That's ? up, but honestly that's not what's happening in the case of DLC. Not even MKX did that. The DLC was developed in part or fully after the game was released. DLC isn't free to make so I don't see why people believe it should be free for the customer.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop buying dlc!!!!!!!!!!!! And season passes guys, but I just bought naturo season pass I got a discount on it and its the last game so I had to but yall need to stop face ass ? lol
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last time I bought DLC was Resident Evil 5. I felt ashamed after learning it was on the disc already.

If I have to buy additional content apart from the $90 I just spent on a game it's not happening. No reason for companies to double dip into people's pockets. With season passes costing a third of the game you purchase they're swimming in the money.

Goty editions I'll pick up if I didn't play the original release, they always end up being about $20-$30 anyways.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the DLC adds 10-20 hours gameplay AFTER you finish the main story thats cool, thats an expansion pack. But the whole leaving the story or game half unfinished then pay an addition 35-40 bucks is ? . Even ? like skins or guns which you used to be able to unlock is just mind bottling.
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think battlefield 4 was the best amount of money I spent on dlc. Game is still solid
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never bought a season pass and only buy story DLC like Left Behind or Elder Scrolls.This is why I never say the hype of COD and every other online central game as they just give you a few maps with weak ass story mode and nickle and dime you through map packs.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its the way the gaming industry is going, this is how I combat it, I buy games used and if I like them ill get the DLC, consuming games this way with the dlc together will cost me 60 dollars or less. For instance bought witcher for 20 dollars the 2 DLC's are 15$ if I cop that will be a total investment of 50 bucks. You cant out hustle a hustler.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never bought a season pass and only buy story DLC like Left Behind or Elder Scrolls.This is why I never say the hype of COD and every other online central game as they just give you a few maps with weak ass story mode and nickle and dime you through map packs.

My opinion is the opposite for COD. Like I don't see why people would want to buy a new COD game every year. It seems to me that if you play a COD game and you really liked it, it would be much preferable for them to drop a DLC bundle with new maps and weapons every year rather than getting a completely new COD game. You'd save omney that way and you wouldn't have to deal with the possibility of a bunch of unwanted changes.