PLEASE STOP BUYING SEASON PASSES AND D.L.C BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!

Options

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks cod they only do it because the market allowed them.. idiots
    its been to like that since after COD 2before hand dlc was worth it and the didnt try to ? you
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I sort of feel like an ass for buying star wars battlefront now. It's ccol though I'll just buy the docs that appeal to me and don't mess with the ones that are garbage. They'll never get me with that season pass thougn
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've never bought a season pass and the only expansion I supported was sfiv.

DLC don't bother me cause I got a huge backlog so when it's time for me to buy the game, the goty edition is already out. If you been playing games long enuf you know which games are gonna get goty editions so why buy the standard edition?

As far as the batman type dlc where they basically give you a mini game with another character, what they should do is have go back to the days where you actually had to do a task to unlock that character and if you don't want to go through all that then you can pay to unlock

The bug thing always been around. They not going to get every bug and publishers gonna want the game out at a certain time but its better now cause you can download the patch. Back in the day you was assed out with a broken game

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    been saying this for a while...

i even said stop preordering games but ? wasnt having any of that

or let me say, my stance on preordering games has changed somewhat

since i made the jump to PC, they often discount games up to 30% if you pre order. To me, if you were going to buy the game anyway, then i think thats a great deal vs waiting until the next big game sale.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I pretty much agree about most of this but yall are uneducated about the street fighter series if you think what capcom did with SF4 was the same as this
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Same ? complaining the same ? that are going to buy the Battlefront DLC smh
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fallout and elder scrolls only dlc ill buy. this is why i dont buy games until they are at least 30 bucks
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    huey wrote: »
    fallout and elder scrolls only dlc ill buy. this is why i dont buy games until they are at least 30 bucks

That's another thing, you can hold out for a better deal down the line and brand new too (eff GameStop)
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got caught with black ops 2, never again...
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bought that battlefield 3 premium just for the price but I was ? that they got me for another $30 just to play some new maps. I came up on shooters where the best maps were player made, somehow these companies took that power away from people and slapped a price tag on it.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hol up wouldnt the storm 4 season pass just be costumes and maybe 1 or 2 characters?
    Nah, It's a lil bit better than the usual ? the industry been putting out. The price they put on the ? is ridiculous though. ? is $20.00 bruh lol. They wouldn't even tell us what was in the pass until some hackers went in they ? and plucked it out SMH. They barley released any real info though. D.L.C comes in 3 parts(smh) which they will release a month apart or some ? . Here it is if you don't know already. Been out for a few days.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZGHR9WEpoc[video]

Anyway, that's a cool amount of content and from what I seen the base game is packed with a bunch of ? already. I aint paid no 20 damn $ for it though lol. Got my ? for wat it's actually worth if you were to price it. The 4 extra characters are the sound 4 by the way.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And if i can add, Stop buying and playing these retro ? games on next gen systems. This ? cost me 500 dollars, you aint gone give me 1990 graphics for some ? thats cost rent in most places
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    MoralOral wrote: »
    And if i can add, Stop buying and playing these retro ? games on next gen systems. This ? cost me 500 dollars, you aint gone give me 1990 graphics for some ? thats cost rent in most places

Shots fired at minecraft? ? had to be the biggest rip off of all time. I never ? with it but I bet that blurry ? had PAID d.l.c as well lol. The price for them retro games is ridiculous. You can't even turn them retro games in and get back the price they charging for them. But the sheep stay buying them, same with them phone games.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    I didnt even buy season passes for dying light, prototype 2, GT5, or borderlands... and i ? love them games!

gta5 didn't have a season pass or any paid D.L.C but I get what you saying though. Those had rip offs as well, you aint missed ? . A lot of that ? aint even worth it. A handful of games these days actually have paid content that's actually worth it and is not a rip off. You can always tell when ? is a rip off whenever they release a single disc with all the content on it. GTA4 actually had "added on content" that just couldn't fit on the disc. I'm buying the witcher 3 upcoming DLC because it's an actual add on and a whole new big ass map. They charging less for what it's worth too. They last DLC had damn near the same amount of content as a full game that drops now at days.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Lol i love street fighter and i will probably put thousands of hours into sf5, but i aint buying the season pass.

Good thing everything can be unlocked by playing the game in street fighter 5
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Call of Duty Black Ops 3 season pass cost damn near the same price as buying the game brand new which is ? absurd. $65 for the game and another $55 for some extra ? maps?
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    Gran turismo ?

LOL damn, I forgot all about grand turismo. Fortza done took they crown.
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Lol i love street fighter and i will probably put thousands of hours into sf5, but i aint buying the season pass.

Good thing everything can be unlocked by playing the game in street fighter 5
    LOL if this is true(which I doubt it is), then you shouldn't even buy the game. No why? MARK MY WORDS, super street fighter 5 turbo championship special alpha edition will drop 6 months later. I'm Pretty sure a gang of ? will be locked behind a pay wall dressed up as "D.L.C" like usual. After the MVC3 debacle, Capcom has gone COMPLETELY to ? ! Don't get me started on them Resident evil games lol.

The Call of Duty Black Ops 3 season pass cost damn near the same price as buying the game brand new which is ? absurd. $65 for the game and another $55 for some extra ? maps?
    SMH, you see there.......? It's too late for you call of duty sheep. Some hackers like 100 C.O.D games ago, found out that most of that content was already on the disc. Then in later games they found out that they purposely cut it to re-sale it later as "D.L.C". They also found out not too long ago this same thing happened to destiny "the taken king" D.L.C. What really makes it bad, is that most fans of the game said that was almost better than the base game smh.

The industry is slowly getting to call of duty status. Like some have said, it was getting that way last gen. But this gen, ? is getting worse and worse with each big release. It's not too late like it is for call of duty though. They just now starting to make this ? "a thing" They're not gonna stop until they stop suckering people out of shitloads of money.
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    Damn, say it ain't so. The IC is whining about DLC now. Come on. Some developers do pull some ? with DLC. That's true, but DLC isn't intrinsically bad. In fact, at it's core, it's a good thing.

For example, I bought the Bloodborne DLC. For $20, I basically got another 10-20 hours of gameplay and content for a game I loved. Why would I complain about that?

Street Fighter V is another example. Instead of making a bunch of different versions of the game as Capcom has done in the past. They are adding on that content as DLC. The important stuff (e.g. characters) can be earned for free or bought if you don't feel like putting in the work) and the extra stuff (e.g. alternate costumes) can be bought.

It all depends on how the DLC is done. If developers are out there making half-assed games and charging for content that would have been included from the beginning in the past. That's ? up, but honestly that's not what's happening in the case of DLC. Not even MKX did that. The DLC was developed in part or fully after the game was released. DLC isn't free to make so I don't see why people believe it should be free for the customer.
    THIS IS COMPLETELY FALSE!!!!!! I don't know how I missed this lol. Mortal Kombat just proved that they in fact did this with MK 10 XL coming in march lol. Don't even want to get into the big mess this will cause for people who bought the season pass. With this last D.L.C they are dropping soon smh.

And the part in red needs to stop being said. This is pure sheep talk. With all the solid evidence these hackers been leaking and and the blatant "game of the year/COMPLETE editions". How could you still sit there and say this? LOL IT SHOULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN IN THE GAME THAT YOU PAID DAMN NEAR $70 FOR!!!!! So of coarse it should be free. Why would you want to pay for extra content that's not really "extra content". When the developers themselves didn't even create "extra" content? lololololol!!!!!!!!!! What money did they use while cutting content and then re-selling it as DLC/add-on/expansion? Looks to me like they're making money being sneaky.

And what are you talking about with street fighter? All of those different games had "D.L.C" hidden behind a pay wall smh. 5 will be no different, just watch. You crazy if you don't think they will drop ultra street fighter 5 super hyper tournament extreme edition like 6 months later. Bloodborn had "actual DLC" and was worth more than the price they charged for it. Haven't played it but I've heard this a lot. That right there is not what I'm talking about, that's cool.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    LOL if this is true(which I doubt it is), then you shouldn't even buy the game. No why? MARK MY WORDS, super street fighter 5 turbo championship special alpha edition will drop 6 months later. I'm Pretty sure a gang of ? will be locked behind a pay wall dressed up as "D.L.C" like usual. After the MVC3 debacle, Capcom has gone COMPLETELY to ? ! Don't get me started on them Resident evil games lol.

They've already addressed this. They are using a different model with SFV. There will be no new versions of SFV. All gameplay patches will be free. All new characters can either be purchased or obtained for free by playing the game. Only extra costumes that come out down the line will require purchase.

THIS IS COMPLETELY FALSE!!!!!! I don't know how I missed this lol. Mortal Kombat just proved that they in fact did this with MK 10 XL coming in march lol. Don't even want to get into the big mess this will cause for people who bought the season pass. With this last D.L.C they are dropping soon smh.

You said what I said was completely false and then put some ? that has nothing to do with what I said. How does MKXL coming out demonstrate that the DLC was complete and ready to go when the original game was made? It doesn't. Yes, MKXL is a good example that if you're willing to wait, you can get a more complete game for cheaper. That's fine, and everyone has that option, but not everyone wants to use it. Some people are big fans of games and want to play it as quickly as possible. Some people are competitive players and therefore can't wait around for special editions of a game before they start playing. Others just aren't very good and are better off getting into the game before the avg skill level raises to a point where they can no longer compete. I'm not saying that waiting to get a game is wrong. I'm saying it's not for everyone.
    And the part in red needs to stop being said. This is pure sheep talk. With all the solid evidence these hackers been leaking and and the blatant "game of the year/COMPLETE editions". How could you still sit there and say this? LOL IT SHOULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN IN THE GAME THAT YOU PAID DAMN NEAR $70 FOR!!!!! So of coarse it should be free. Why would you want to pay for extra content that's not really "extra content". When the developers themselves didn't even create "extra" content? lololololol!!!!!!!!!! What money did they use while cutting content and then re-selling it as DLC/add-on/expansion? Looks to me like they're making money being sneaky.

It's not sheep talk. It's fact. I think some of ya'll like to run off at the mouth and don't understand a damn thing about what you're talking about. A hacker finding an incomplete character model on the disc of a game does not mean that character was finished and ready to go at launch. Do you know how much goes into some of this DLC that is developed? For a fighting game, characters have to have fully fleshed out models, finished animations, complete movesets, dialog, story interactions, theme music, and depending on the game a bunch of other ? (e.g. customizations in Tekken). That ? costs money to make. If they've already released the game, but are still working on extra stuff like that, it cuts into their profit margin. So of course they are going to try and recoup some of that money. I don't know why some people think these game developers are charities. They aren't. They are in it to make money, so why are you fools walking around like you're entitled to them doing things that would hurt their cause? Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying their aren't companies that pull some ? . There most certainly are, but to act like all DLC is some evil money grabbing ? is just stupid.
    And what are you talking about with street fighter? All of those different games had "D.L.C" hidden behind a pay wall smh. 5 will be no different, just watch. You crazy if you don't think they will drop ultra street fighter 5 super hyper tournament extreme edition like 6 months later. Bloodborn had "actual DLC" and was worth more than the price they charged for it. Haven't played it but I've heard this a lot. That right there is not what I'm talking about, that's cool.

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. You're just spouting off at the mouth. DLC wasn't even a thing until SFIV. And when they implemented it into SFIV it was as updates to the game that basically completely changed the game. It wasn't some ? that was on the disc and you DLed a key to unlock it. They were substantial upgrades to the games that include balance fixes, new characters, new costumes, new mechanics, new stages, new gameplay mechanics, and a bunch of other ? . You were basically playing 15 - 20 dollars to have the game revamped. If you can acknowledge that Bloodborne's DLC, then you should be able to understand that the Street Fighter DLC was not trivial. On top of that, the SFIV DLC was an improvement over their previous model. Because before DLC, Capcom basically made you buy the whole game again. Hell they did that very thing going from MvC3 to UMvC3.

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Look, I've worked with big companies that have software development units, and I don't think a lot of the people that complain about DLC actually understand how some of these games are developed. A lot of people seem to think that if some content is finished when a game is released, that they are automatically entitled to that content. That's not at all how things are done, and frankly it's a stupid way of thinking. If I bake 20 pies, and decide to sell them $7 apiece, you aren't entitled to get all 20 pies for $7 just because I baked them all at the same time. What kind of idiotic thinking is that?

It's no different with software and game development. A unit within a development company will come up with an idea for a game they want to put out. Before they even start work on it, some projections are done to try and figure out how much the game will likely cost to be made and how much it could potentially make. The game will only even go into production if the projected profit is acceptable to the people in charge of the money. Now some think that if DLC is made concurrently with the main game, then it should be included with the main game and that's ? . Because a lot of the time, the developers are only even given the greenlight for the DLC if its going to be paid DLC. If not, the DLC probably wouldn't even get made. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a company looking at the game they plan to make and setting a cutoff for content that they think is fair for the base $60 price and then deciding to sell anything extra at an additional cost. That's done in every other industry. I'm not sure why gamers whine so much about it. You don't see people going to car dealerships like "Hey, why are you charging more for the floor mats and premium sound system. You could have just as easily put those things in from the beginning, so I should get them for free." Everybody seems to understand that it's perfectly reasonable to have a price for the base model of the car and then charge for add-ons. What a lot of these companies are doing with DLC is the exact same thing, but ya'll cats love whining about it.

I'm not saying you can't complain about DLC. If you feel like there isn't enough content in the initial release to warrant the $60 cost, that's a fair criticism. But how many games does that really apply to? People are ? about MKX's DLC practices, but the fact is that game had a ? load of content from the start, so you can't say what was given wasn't worth the money. You can also say that the DLC is overpriced, and in a lot of cases that is actually true. Sometimes the prices are set based on how much money the company needs to make back. Other times companies are just fleecing the customer. Even in that case it would make more sense to call out the people who are actually doing the bad practice rather than ? about DLC in general.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not gonna lie i made the mistake of getting the battlefront season pass. Still mad about it. But for games that aren't online games like batman arkham Knight if u just wait u can get both for a decent price. Christmas weekend I bought arkham Knight for 20 bucks and the season pass for 15. Battlefront was some ? they put out less than half the game
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    @The Lonious Monk

I'm really confused by your post my brotha. Go back and really overlook what you typed. You're up, down, and all over the place. I can't tell if you think this blatant screw job is cool or not lol.

Read what I posted about the MK10 screw job again. I explained perfectly how I knew it was a greedy ass screw job. Go to the MK10 XL thread and read what season pass buyers are complaining about(they have every right too) for more details. Once again!!!, They just released 4 more new characters for $5.00 a piece($20.00). They were announced mid December 2015 to drop at the end of January 2016 or feb 1st. Weeks ago they announced mk10 XL to drop early march(next ? month!!). This will have the just released new characters included. Can you truly not see the fuckery? How do I not know what I'm talking about when the evidence is right there in front of my(and yours) face? The ? was already done!!!! Why as soon as the season pass is done to release this? why have a "complete version of the game ON ONE DISC already fired up and ready to go the following month?...................FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON MORTAL KOMBAT XL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MORTAL KOMBAT XL IS NOW ON SALE(pre order for march 1st) FOR 59.99 WITH EVERYTHING THAT WAS RELEASED AND WAS JUST CURRENTLY RELEASED FOR $20.00(even for season pass holders). Lets see here, Original unfinished game = 59.99($65 plus california tax). $40.00(just the characters alone, excluding the skins and other ? ). Goro is fully functional on the disc already and is behind a pay wall. That all comes to over $100. Now the actual finished game is being released the way it should have been from the jump, $59.99. All of this material been created bruh. The game barley been out for a year, they just didn't make this ? a few months ago lol.

I'm not even going to touch on what you said about capcom again lol. Your mind is made up and the industry will continue this "call of duty" type of abuse. It's people like you who are enabling them to get away with murder. Don't know if you remember or not, but I and a few others warned y'all about street fighter 4. Exactly what we said would happen, happened. Y'all were defending the ? out of that one too lol. Capcom has fallen, after SF5 you will come to your senses(hopefully), I'm going to be right again, just watch.