PLEASE STOP BUYING SEASON PASSES AND D.L.C BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I owned MvC3 and UMvC3 and played them a lot. It along with TTT2 was my most played fighting game on the PS3. Going by your list of problems, you're either an idiot or you didn't really understand what was going on. Let's take it point by point.
    @The Lonious Monk

1. We noticed that the game didn't even match the content that was in MVC2(amount of characters, levels, modes, nurfed characters, missing popular characters, unbalanced, etc etc)

This one is hilarious. First off, no one in their right mind thought MvC3 would have the same amount of characters as MvC2. MvC2 just ported a bunch of characters from other games in the series. They completely redid everything for MvC3 and built all the characters from ground up. There was no way there was going to be 56 characters in that game from the outset, and I don't remember anyone with any sense expecting that. The rest of that stuff doesn't even fit your overall argument. The Vs series never had a ton of levels or modes. MvC2 was horribly unbalanced so again that's not something they halfassed specifically for MvC3 and balance patches for the game were free. Basically, nothing you listed supports any of the ? you're ? about.
    2. When we saw that shuma and jill were already on the disc locked behind a pay wall(thanks to computer nerd hackers).

Again, neither Shuma or Jill were complete. They were missing sound files, interaction text, and their moves had not been completed and balanced. Yeah, some people were ? they were on the disc, and yeah one could make the argument that they should have been finished and included in the main cast. But that's just people and their sense of entitlement. There was nothing wrong with Capcom continuing to develop two characters for later release.
    3. The last straw, computer nerds uncovered info about UMVC3 like 4 months after the release of MVC3 lol. Capcom was quiet and said they had no plans of anything etc etc.

4. About 6 months after the release of MVC3 we get an official announcement about UMVC3.

5. So the game releases(like $40.00) and we see that it's nothing more than a few characters, like 2 new levels, added modes that were promised in mvc3, and a new super bar lol!!!!!!!!

6. THIS IS WHEN PEOPLES SUSPICIONS ABOUT "SOMETHING BEING MISSING" CLEARLY BECAME TRUE. What we were all saying at first, was THIS ? SHOULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN IN MVC3. Later computer nerd hackers who really know they ? . Confirmed they could have indeed had this ? in the game from the jump(they made videos and everything on it lol). This is when people started saying that they could "at the very least", made it a cheep expansion. The hackers also confirmed(with proof) that this could have been done as well lol!!!!!!!!

So yeah, the ? was a blatant greedy ass capcom screw job no matter how you try to spin it. To make ? even worse, UMVC3 content still didn't match/top MVC2's. From characters, supers, moves, modes, and levels. There's nothing else to talk about here lol. Let capcom hold their L.

The way they handled UMvC3 was ? . You get no argument there. But your declaration that all that ? should have been in MvC3 originally is wrong. They released vanilla MvC3 and then continued working on the other stuff. Again, there is nothing wrong with that. MvC3 was a complete game and people were playing it ? . The extra stuff was icing on the cake. People didn't really have a problem with the fact that they were expanding MvC3. People had a problem with the shadiness and lies and the fact that it was being released as a brand new game for $40 instead of a DLC overahaul for $20. That was the prevailing complaint and it was so common that Capcom actually released a statement explaining why they didn't make it DLC (their reason was ? by the way). So again, you bringing up UMvC3 is fine if you're simply arguing that these companies are prone to pulling some ? up moves in an effort to make more money. However, that's not what this debate is about. We're talking about DLC and whether or not it should exist. UMvC3 is the perfect example for why you're wrong about DLC because if UMvC3 was a DLC patch and Capcom was always up front about their plans to release a DLC upgrade in the future, everyone would have been happy.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Man I just peeped some ? the other day. I don't really know how this works but it is something to look at. I was looking at the size of a lot of games that had "game of the year/complete" versions. I noticed that the average current gen BASE game with all kinds of dlc is around like 22GB - 32GB. With all of the "DLC" the games come out to be 35GB - 40GB.

I looked at a few games with hardly no DLC content or none at all. They were already like 35GB - 38GB. This is just the base game lol. Makes you wonder, don't it? It seems these games have a limit around 40GB'ish. The so called extra content gets it to this limit. Games with less or no DLC are already at this limit or close to it.............. ... ..

Why can't these gaming companies just do like gta5 and use the money they make off of shark cards etc etc and use it to create DLC and put it out for free? There's always gonna be people who rather buy ? than unlock it. That way we all win. Very few games give you this option. Let the people who don't care about spending unnecessary amounts of money on content that could be unlocked, buy ? . Then let us gamers who like to actually play full games get the DLC content for free. Basically gta5 uses the sheep money to create "extra" content(not already planed out content). No excuses for games like call of duty and others with these "special edition" releases. They make so much money off of guns, skins, etc etc they could just use that money. The ? they do "create"(if not already created in advance) that they ask extra money for. Usually aint all that anyway. So I highly doubt they put that much money into it.
    @BARON_$AMEDI can you still relay cancel in naruto
    Don't know about that, but the tilt cancel has been confirmed. Getting the game tomorrow.

Ok, now I know you don't know what the ? you're talking about. You can't just look at the sizes of games and use that as a determining factor for the content delivered. A game could 38 GB and offer you far less gameplay and content than another game that's 30 GB? How? Maybe the developers for the second game are better at optimizing their code. Maybe the first game has far more CGI and graphically intense cutscenes. Maybe the first game uses a bunch of resources that really aren't necessary for the second game to be successful. This is the problem with a lot of the arguments against DLC. They are usually halfbaked and halfassed. A lot of you already feel like you're being cheated, and are pushing that story with weakass arguments. Again, if the picture you're painting of DLC is true. Give me examples. List a bunch of games that were released with DLC but didn't offer a complete experience with the base game. There are some I'm sure, but please establish some kind of representation that demonstrates this is the plague that you're saying it is.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Destiny had all the DLC on the disc, nothing but a licence to download for the first 2 expansion packs...

Destiny was short on content but yet they had that content in there but sold it as DLC to unlock months down the line...

So instead of giving the full game on disc they had it broken up to nickel & dime the players...
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @The Lonious Monk

LOL at the marvel vs capcom 3 excuse you gave. I can tell you wasn't an owner of the game. Because you wouldn't have responded the way you did. Also you a bit off on why people were ? . Most of the community all agreed that something was missing/off in marvel vs capcom 3 from the jump. Cuzzo in this very thread made a comment on this. It didn't live up to marvel vs capcom 2 and it didn't hold our interest as well as MVC2. You got to do better with your google research bruh lol.

Here's how it all went down.

1. We noticed that the game didn't even match the content that was in MVC2(amount of characters, levels, modes, nurfed characters, missing popular characters, unbalanced, etc etc)

2. When we saw that shuma and jill were already on the disc locked behind a pay wall(thanks to computer nerd hackers).

3. The last straw, computer nerds uncovered info about UMVC3 like 4 months after the release of MVC3 lol. Capcom was quiet and said they had no plans of anything etc etc.

4. About 6 months after the release of MVC3 we get an official announcement about UMVC3.

5. So the game releases(like $40.00) and we see that it's nothing more than a few characters, like 2 new levels, added modes that were promised in mvc3, and a new super bar lol!!!!!!!!

6. THIS IS WHEN PEOPLES SUSPICIONS ABOUT "SOMETHING BEING MISSING" CLEARLY BECAME TRUE. What we were all saying at first, was THIS ? SHOULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN IN MVC3. Later computer nerd hackers who really know they ? . Confirmed they could have indeed had this ? in the game from the jump(they made videos and everything on it lol). This is when people started saying that they could "at the very least", made it a cheep expansion. The hackers also confirmed(with proof) that this could have been done as well lol!!!!!!!!

So yeah, the ? was a blatant greedy ass capcom screw job no matter how you try to spin it. To make ? even worse, UMVC3 content still didn't match/top MVC2's. From characters, supers, moves, modes, and levels. There's nothing else to talk about here lol. Let capcom hold their L.

You have no idea what you're talking about
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    lol @monk

Please stop drinking the kool aid my brotha. Why do you keep asking for a list? did you read anybody else post? There's experiences, stories, games, etc etc in here. In my very first post I listed a few and went into detail. Are you ? or something my ? ? Please tell you didn't read the thread lol. Bruh damn near every game that drops now is doing this. When even some call of duty sheep start complaining, you know there's a problem lol.

And I don't know why you insist on saying that this thread is about "doing away with DLC" LOL.
    "that's not what this debate is about. We're talking about DLC and whether or not it should exist"

NO NO NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is not what this is about. If you actually read this whole thread I don't even know how you came to this conclusion. Again, THIS, IS, ABOUT, BLATANTLY, MISHANDLING, GAME, CONTENT, AND, DRESSING, IT, UP, AS, "DLC,!!!!!!" ALSO, OVERPRICING, OR, EVEN, HAVING, A, PRICE, TAG, AT, ALL. COMPLETE, GAMES, ARE, BECOMING, RARE, THE, QUALITY, HAS, BEEN, GOING, DOWN, WHILE, THE, PRICE, IS, RISING. ALSO, IT'S, ABOUT, RELEASING, BROKEN, GAMES, AT, FULL, PRICE. ALSO, WEAK, COMMUNICATION, BETWEEN, THE, COMMUNITY, AND, THE, GAMING, COMPANIES.

1. CALL OF DUTY'S
    2. KILLER INSTINCT
    3. METAL GEAR
    4. DESTINY
    5. ALL SPORTS GAMES
    6. ASSASSINS CREED 4, UNITY, SYNDICATE
    7. BATTLEFIELD
    8. STREET FIGHTERS AND ANYTHING TO DO WITH CAPCOM IN THE LAST 5 OR 6 YEARS
    9. MORTAL KOMBAT 10
    10. BATMAN AK (ESPECIALLY THE PC VERSION)
    11. SOME RACING GAMES I DON'T ? WITH BUT I HEAR THE SAME COMPLAINTS ABOUT THEM
    12. THAT NEW STAR WARS
    13. THE NEW NARUTO GAME
    14. DIABLO 3
    15. SHADOW OF MORDOR
    16. HALO 4
    17. THAT WANNABE GTA5 GAME THAT WAS IN CHICAGO
    18. THAT LAST SAINTS ROW GAME
    19. DAMN NEAR ALL UPCOMING GAMES

The list goes on. Those are the ones just off the top of my head. I'm pretty sure I missed a lot more. There's more in this thread.

@Bcotton5

capcom is like cash money records to you, stay out of this convo bruh, lol!!!!!!!!!!

"if wayne dies, I die!!!!" - Bcotton5
    achewon87 wrote: »
    Destiny had all the DLC on the disc, nothing but a licence to download for the first 2 expansion packs...

Destiny was short on content but yet they had that content in there but sold it as DLC to unlock months down the line...

So instead of giving the full game on disc they had it broken up to nickel & dime the players...
    legendary_edition.jpg

dr._evil_laugh-500x213.gif
    hg90v.jpg
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    lol @monk

NO NO NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is not what this is about. If you actually read this whole thread I don't even know how you came to this conclusion. Again, THIS, IS, ABOUT, BLATANTLY, MISHANDLING, GAME, CONTENT, AND, DRESSING, IT, UP, AS, "DLC,!!!!!!" ALSO, OVERPRICING, OR, EVEN, HAVING, A, PRICE, TAG, AT, ALL. COMPLETE, GAMES, ARE, BECOMING, RARE, THE, QUALITY, HAS, BEEN, GOING, DOWN, WHILE, THE, PRICE, IS, RISING. ALSO, IT'S, ABOUT, RELEASING, BROKEN, GAMES, AT, FULL, PRICE. ALSO, WEAK, COMMUNICATION, BETWEEN, THE, COMMUNITY, AND, THE, GAMING, COMPANIES.

1. CALL OF DUTY'S
    2. KILLER INSTINCT
    3. METAL GEAR
    4. DESTINY
    5. ALL SPORTS GAMES
    6. ASSASSINS CREED 4, UNITY, SYNDICATE
    7. BATTLEFIELD
    8. STREET FIGHTERS AND ANYTHING TO DO WITH CAPCOM IN THE LAST 5 OR 6 YEARS
    9. MORTAL KOMBAT 10
    10. BATMAN AK (ESPECIALLY THE PC VERSION)
    11. SOME RACING GAMES I DON'T ? WITH BUT I HEAR THE SAME COMPLAINTS ABOUT THEM
    12. THAT NEW STAR WARS
    13. THE NEW NARUTO GAME
    14. DIABLO 3
    15. SHADOW OF MORDOR
    16. HALO 4
    17. THAT WANNABE GTA5 GAME THAT WAS IN CHICAGO
    18. THAT LAST SAINTS ROW GAME
    19. DAMN NEAR ALL UPCOMING GAMES

The list goes on. Those are the ones just off the top of my head. I'm pretty sure I missed a lot more. There's more in this thread.

@Bcotton5

capcom is like cash money records to you, stay out of this convo bruh, lol!!!!!!!!!!

"if wayne dies, I die!!!!" - Bcotton5

legendary_edition.jpg

hg90v.jpg

That pic of destiny is for year 2 and it included the 2 previous dlc's. Bruh just leave this alone you already said you are buying a game with a season pass, so you have essentially undermined the threads premise.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options

http://kotaku.com/bungie-sorta-explains-why-some-of-destinys-dlc-is-on-1652925300

I'm sure you sure the recent leaks with players able to see a lot of this planned content already in the game. Based on what you've told me, a lot of that doesn't seem to be in The Dark Below.

Harold Ryan: There's a bunch of shared-world content we've shipped on the disc specifically to limit download sizes for people. Both inside the US and all over the world, how much you download on your local home internet connection can be a problem, and even how much storage space it takes up on your console.

So we share a lot of assets across all the activities in the game. When people get into areas that aren't unlocked right now, they're seeing pieces we built and shipped ahead of time, but they're by no means the finished experiences or even the finished content.

But when we can get into these areas already and see this content, there's a feeling at the content is finished, cut and saved for DLC.

Harold Ryan: No. Eris and her story were built over the last three months, long after the game was done. For example for The Dark Below, that included the activities and the bosses and all of the polish of it.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »

http://kotaku.com/bungie-sorta-explains-why-some-of-destinys-dlc-is-on-1652925300

I'm sure you sure the recent leaks with players able to see a lot of this planned content already in the game. Based on what you've told me, a lot of that doesn't seem to be in The Dark Below.

Harold Ryan: There's a bunch of shared-world content we've shipped on the disc specifically to limit download sizes for people. Both inside the US and all over the world, how much you download on your local home internet connection can be a problem, and even how much storage space it takes up on your console.

So we share a lot of assets across all the activities in the game. When people get into areas that aren't unlocked right now, they're seeing pieces we built and shipped ahead of time, but they're by no means the finished experiences or even the finished content.

But when we can get into these areas already and see this content, there's a feeling at the content is finished, cut and saved for DLC.

Harold Ryan: No. Eris and her story were built over the last three months, long after the game was done. For example for The Dark Below, that included the activities and the bosses and all of the polish of it.

Sorta of explains is the title of that damage control article...

But why leave out this part of your linked article?...

"That's right—Destiny has committed one of gaming's cardinal sins: On-Disc DLC.

On-disc DLC—that is to say, content that's on a game's disc but is locked until you download more files and potentially pay more money—has become taboo in the video game world for a number of reasons. For one, there's the whole psychological element—if you're paying for a video game, you'd expect to be able to access everything that's on the disc you bought. More importantly, the very idea of DLC being ready in time to ship alongside the main game would imply that the game's developers cut out that content to be sold separately."

Then a year later this happens...

Bungie CEO Harold Ryan is “stepping down,” the studio said last night. Replacing him will be former COO Pete Parsons. This news comes during a particularly tough period of time for Bungie and their game, Destiny.

http://kotaku.com/bungie-ceo-harold-ryan-is-stepping-down-the-studio-s-1755728735

Wonder why?...
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

legendary_edition.jpg

hg90v.jpg

But this is what I'm talking about. Your complaints are all over the place. Why do you ? care if the content is on the disc or not. That shouldn't be the question you're asking. The question should be whether or not what was made available to you was worth the cost. If it was, then that's great. If it wasn't, then you got screwed. Whether or not the developer hid unlockable content is irrelevant. Just because something is on the disc doesn't mean you have the right to it. As soon as people understand that, they'll be better off.

And yes you included a list, but you didn't explain how any of them cheated the customer. I full admit the way they are going about the timing of the DLC releases and MKXL is ? . However, the presence of DLC with MKX is not. There was a ton of content on that game, so MKX fans got what they paid for. The DLC was not finished when MKX was released, so it's not like they took content from the game to sell for extra. The only problem with the model there is that they are releasing MKXL too soon after the DLC thus shortchanging early adopters for the game and the DLC.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Bruh you blatantly stating incorrect information though, im not saying it out of loyalty to a company
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    @achewon87

LOL ? you know why. The people in here defending this ? ? know why too. That lame ass excuse explanation sounds just like all the stuff monk posting in here. This same scenario played out with assassins creed unity and syndicate. Also with 2k sports games, capcom(the street fighter 5 lie statement), metal gear, that new star wars game, and a few more that I can't think about right now.

If It wasn't for people like you and me, angry employees, and super computer nerd hackers. None of these forced half ass explanations(the truth) would even have surfaced. Even with this obvious proof, the sheep will still ride they nuts smh. This ? is like a thread I made about this wack ass rapper OG macko. He had this ? ass mega popular song awhile ago. Everybody with some damn sense were saying he couldn't have been serious and must have just made that ? playing around. All his fans went crazy and were praising the song and how amazing and "different" it was. They even compared him to the gowd O.D.B(YES, THEY DID). Then months later the ? admitted he just made the ? playing around when high and ? . He also hates the song and said the fans of it were stupid as well. But look at their reactions after this revelation.
    http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/528630/og-maco-shows-us-how-dumb-? -a-lot-of-new-hip-hop-fans-are-especially-the-southern-fans/p1

@Bcotton5

If capcom dies, I die -Bcotton5

Nothing I said was incorrect. But the ? ? capcom is doing is blatantly wrong though. Instead of looking at the big picture you sheep want to pick apart the smallest things and make them bigger than what they really are. But when y'all are getting ? in the ass with no ? (pause). You don't seem to do any of this at all lol!!!!!!!!!!!!

@The Recipe

Aight my ? , you can stop reaching/trolling and trying to get attention now. The point of that pic was to show you that it was all planned out. all that ? was already on the disc fully done and purposely half finished. Then they drop the game with everything on it(you don't see how ? that is?). Aint nobody undermined ? . You remind me of that "king of the arcade" poster. I told you I got that pass for a reasonable price for what was offered(thanks again, to the hackers). I would never pay $20 for that ? lol. Stop acting like you didn't see that ? . Keep reaching bruh. You acting like monk now. Please go and do something I know you didn't do, READ THE ORIGINAL POST! AND NOT JUST THE TITLE!
    Ui526.gif

• PILL_COSBY
    Options

legendary_edition.jpg

hg90v.jpg

But this is what I'm talking about. Your complaints are all over the place. Why do you ? care if the content is on the disc or not. That shouldn't be the question you're asking. The question should be whether or not what was made available to you was worth the cost. If it was, then that's great. If it wasn't, then you got screwed. Whether or not the developer hid unlockable content is irrelevant. Just because something is on the disc doesn't mean you have the right to it. As soon as people understand that, they'll be better off.
    ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I seriously don't even know where to start, especially that last part. So If a person buys something and discovers that a part of it is locked away. The only way they can get access to a part of the thing they bought and now own. Is to go back to the place of purchase, and pay out more money for them to make available what was already there when you bought the item?
    GPlus_Skeptical_Third_World_Kid.jpg

And yes you included a list, but you didn't explain how any of them cheated the customer. I full admit the way they are going about the timing of the DLC releases and MKXL is ? . However, the presence of DLC with MKX is not. There was a ton of content on that game, so MKX fans got what they paid for. The DLC was not finished when MKX was released, so it's not like they took content from the game to sell for extra. The only problem with the model there is that they are releasing MKXL too soon after the DLC thus shortchanging early adopters for the game and the DLC.
    And this is my point. Do you know that 1 character(including complete goro who's already on the disc) cost half the price of the average game expansion/add-on? For the last time, this is becoming a trend right now as we speak. Like almost every game that drops already is promoting DLC before the game drops. That's how bad it's getting, they don't even at least wait anymore lol. You keep saying that this stuff was created after but actual evidence(thank you hackers!!) and some companies half ass admitting(forced to) this proves otherwise. Again, very few games actually "create" DLC afterwards or just ran out of time before the game release and released it later as DLC. If they did run out of time before the games release that content should be FREE DLC(like the witcher 3 did, they even spoke on it). Every time you look up now at days there's some kind of controversy around content and bad, sneaky, greedy DLC practices. It didn't used to be this way, remember? The moment I hear words like "IF YOU WANT THE FULL & COMPLETE EXPERIENCE" after I done already bought the damn game. That right there alone made me take a step back smh. Like they not even trying to hide their ? ? anymore. They're telling you that it's already been planned out. It's already done or being done and could have already been in the game."Complete versions" released later in the year makes this even worse.

They have been slowly grooming the gaming community with this ? ? . Now this ? is being accepted as normal by a scary amount of people. Again, when's the last time you actually bought a "complete version"(lol) of a game from the jump? Outside of the witcher 3, bloodborn, GTA, batman AC, mortal kombat 9, and dark souls, I can't think of any.

LOL even some gaming companies are speaking on this ? ? (further proof that we are right. Here's the makers of the highly successful witcher games speaking on the rising misuse of game content/DLC
    Open Letter from Marcin Iwiński, co-founder and Joint CEO of CD PROJEKT RED.
    “We love games. We love collecting them, playing them, and everything connected to that experience. Every time we reach out for a new release, we expect to be taken care of. We expect support if we encounter any problems, we love updates constantly improving the experience, and we feel really special when we receive free content that gives us more than we initially paid for. It doesn’t have to be huge, it can be an awesome skin for a character, or an extra sword, or armor.
    Unfortunately this treatment is quite rare these days. As gamers, we nowadays have to hold on tight to our wallets, as surprisingly right after release, lots of tiny pieces of tempting content materialize with a steep price tag attached. Haven’t we just paid a lot of cash for a brand new game?
    As CD PROJEKT RED, we strongly believe this is not the way it should work and, with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, we have decided to do it differently. Cutting to the chase, everyone who buys Wild Hunt will receive 16 specially prepared DLCs absolutely for free, regardless of platform. You don’t have to pre-order, you don’t have to buy any special edition to get them — if you own a copy of Wild Hunt, they’re yours. This is our way of saying thank you for buying our game.”
    Regards,
    Marcin

here's the link if you want to read more
    http://en.cdprojektred.com/news/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-16-free-dlcs-for-everyone/
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I seriously don't even know where to start, especially that last part. So If a person buys something and discovers that a part of it is locked away. The only way they can get access to a part of the thing they bought and now own. Is to go back to the place of purchase, and pay out more money for them to make available what was already there when you bought the item?
    GPlus_Skeptical_Third_World_Kid.jpg

How old are you? As I've said before, putting locked content on a disc and making you pay for the key is something that's been done as long as discs have been a medium for programs. You don't seem to understand what you're purchasing. When you go to the store and buy a game, you're buying a license for a particular program. I'm pretty sure if you read those terms of purchase that no one cares about, it even defines that and states that it's illegal to tamper with the parts of the program that you didn't purchase. At the end of the day, your whole stance on this matter is born from the fact that you don't understand what you actually bought. Just because you bought the disc doesn't mean you're entitled to everything on the disc, and that's never really been the case for disc based programs across the board.
    And this is my point. Do you know that 1 character(including complete goro who's already on the disc) cost half the price of the average game expansion/add-on? For the last time, this is becoming a trend right now as we speak. Like almost every game that drops already is promoting DLC before the game drops. That's how bad it's getting, they don't even at least wait anymore lol. You keep saying that this stuff was created after but actual evidence(thank you hackers!!) and some companies half ass admitting(forced to) this proves otherwise. Again, very few games actually "create" DLC afterwards or just ran out of time before the game release and released it later as DLC. If they did run out of time before the games release that content should be FREE DLC(like the witcher 3 did, they even spoke on it). Every time you look up now at days there's some kind of controversy around content and bad, sneaky, greedy DLC practices. It didn't used to be this way, remember? The moment I hear words like "IF YOU WANT THE FULL & COMPLETE EXPERIENCE" after I done already bought the damn game. That right there alone made me take a step back smh. Like they not even trying to hide their ? ? anymore. They're telling you that it's already been planned out. It's already done or being done and could have already been in the game."Complete versions" released later in the year makes this even worse.

All of your arguments are based on bad assumptions that I've already covered. You make the assumption that characters like goro should be in the game from the beginning just because they were completed concurrently with the rest of the game. You don't seem to understand that it may be the case that the developers were only given the ok to fund the creation of extra characters like Goro because they were going to be DLC. You and others seem to believe that if DLC didn't exist Goro would have been in the game at launch and don't seem to get that if DLC didn't exist, Goro might not have been made to begin with.

I also don't get your complaints about there being extra content. Why would you have a problem with continued support of a game. If it's something you like, shouldn't you be happy with more. I'd agree that certain things should be completed in the base product and charging for them as DLC is BS, but if you have a game like MKX that has a pretty robust roster without DLC, there shouldn't be any complaining about them charging for extra characters. If you don't want to pay, don't buy them, there are still plenty of other characters to play with.
    They have been slowly grooming the gaming community with this ? ? . Now this ? is being accepted as normal by a scary amount of people. Again, when's the last time you actually bought a "complete version"(lol) of a game from the jump? Outside of the witcher 3, bloodborn, GTA, batman AC, mortal kombat 9, and dark souls, I can't think of any.

You're essentially making a ? argument revolving around the word complete. Dark Souls was a complete game before the DLC. If no DLC existed, no one would have complained about the game feeling incomplete. People were perfectly happy with the amount of content they got. Of course if they dropped some DLC, then the Dark Souls experience would not be truly complete until you finished that. That doesn't mean the original experience was insufficient. It just means they were able to expand that experience. Basically, you're complaining because developers now how the ability to give you more of something you like. Who the ? does that. When you got to a restaurant and get your main course, do you complain because dessert costs more?
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited February 2016
    Options
    ^SMH, it's too late for you bruh.^

You stay putting words in my mouth(pause) and talking about stuff that me, or anybody else in here aint eeen talking about lol. I'm thinking you starting to troll now. I love how you ask for evidence/facts etc etc, but don't provide any on your end of the discussion. You've basically just been repeating the same ? explanations these greedy ass corrupted companies have been spewing. Which have been proven false multiple times. I, and others have provided proof. You've actually provided proof of my argument yourself with the whole street fighter ? lol. You dressed it up as "listening to the fans" but that really wasn't the case at all. Why finally "listen to the fans" the moment the kitchen gets too hot? They did nothing more than what the 2K sports & the nba live games did. They only "listen to the fans" when the ? starts ? with their money lol. Gone are the days of this. "listening to the fans" is something that rarely occurs now. Your disc explanation was also another classic jedi mind trick. Again, you spoke on some ? that had nothing to do with what I said. I was speaking on "hidden" content that's already apart of what you purchased. Not KNOWN "locked" away content that's apart of what you purchased. The only reason why we knew it was there is because of hackers. That ? right there is 100% ? sneaky, greedy, and deceptive.

Listening to the fans? It's more like, "listening to our wallets". This is why I posted about stop supporting these lame ass sneaky practices(not the good ones that have become a rarity). If they would actually listen to us then none of this fuckery(or very little) would be happening now. It's that ? simple, all this ? you bringing up is just........ some other ? , lol!!!

@StoneColdMikey
    @LPast

You guys care to chime in instead of unnecessarily hitting ether buttons when there was no ether delivered?
    Broddie wrote: »
    It's already too late bro.
    lol I guess you was right.
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Am ? off because offline gamers getting marginalised..its like oh you need a playstation plus this and season pass that now. What happened to just enjoying a game ( campaign mode) offline..I don't give a ? about leaderboard scores or ? like that ,sometimes I just want to play Rainbow six campaign or terrorist hunt on my own
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited February 2016
    Options
    K_Fisher wrote: »
    Am ? off because offline gamers getting marginalised..its like oh you need a playstation plus this and season pass that now. What happened to just enjoying a game ( campaign mode) offline..I don't give a ? about leaderboard scores or ? like that ,sometimes I just want to play Rainbow six campaign or terrorist hunt on my own

Damn, another great point!! LOL at needing an online paid subscription to fully enjoy a game. They can just use all the money they get from their stores and use that for their servers. What really makes it bad, is that the servers are still not what they should be(especially playstation's servers).

This ? is just like what's going on with DLC now at days. At first they was like, want better servers pay for it. Then basically, they started making it mandatory to be online. Therefor, you have to pay for it or just have a half ass gaming experience. Like I said, just making a COMPLETE game with ADDED content for purchase/for free later on down the line is a rarity now at days.

And them leader boards is so ? up now, lol nobody takes them serious anymore. All the computer hackers and boosters are in the top 100. No real skill required.
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well said my ? .

I got Siege the other day tried to get involved in the Terrorist hunt.. apparently I had to have playstation plus subscription and Uplay account. This is nothing but pure greed and seems like Sony is cashing on too not just the Game companies. Disgusting.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    K_Fisher wrote: »
    Well said my ? .

I got Siege the other day tried to get involved in the Terrorist hunt.. apparently I had to have playstation plus subscription and Uplay account. This is nothing but pure greed and seems like Sony is cashing on too not just the Game companies. Disgusting.

You're just misinformed.

Everyone has to have a ps+ subscription to play online. Siege is only online. And the Uplay account is free. It's just annoying to sign up.
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited February 2016
    Options
    LOL I knew street fighter 5 was gonna be ? . Not exactly what I said was gonna happen but I was still right for the most part. Capcom tried to be slick with it this time around and the sheep still aint noticed the screw job. This guy basically explains it all.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWWw7-QOviQ[/video]

FOR PEOPLE TOO SLOW TO FIGURE OUT THE SLICK ? CAPCOM PULLED:

DLC is "free" now because IT'S CONTENT THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ON THE GAME ALREADY AND THEY'RE JUST RELEASING IT IN PIECES FOR FREE! But it aint free.......................BECAUSE YOU ALREADY PAID FOR IT!!!!

So this is what gaming has come to now? They treating a fighting like an RPG now lol!!!!!

• The Lonious Monk
    Options
    LOL I knew street fighter 5 was gonna be ? . Not exactly what I said was gonna happen but I was still right for the most part. Capcom tried to be slick with it this time around and the sheep still aint noticed the screw job. This guy basically explains it all.

DLC is "free" now because IT'S CONTENT THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ON THE GAME ALREADY AND THEY'RE JUST RELEASING IT IN PIECES FOR FREE! But it aint free.......................BECAUSE YOU ALREADY PAID FOR IT!!!!

So this is what gaming has come to now? They treating a fighting like an RPG now lol!!!!!

Yo, I swear to ? you slow as ? . We already know about the DLC. Capcom already stated that with regards to the extra modes. Again, the reason they are releasing it early is so that the competitive players can get ready for the Capcom Pro Tour. You're acting like you've uncovered some great conspiracy when in fact it's something that we've known for a while.

And on top of that, you're misrepresenting ? . Because the only DLC that applies to is the stuff coming in March and June, but we're going to have characters released on a monthly basis for years and there will be new modes and updates added for the lifetime of the system. Those things were most certainly not supposed to be on the game at launch, but they will still be free.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Lol stop responding to this dude
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited February 2016
    Options

Yo, I swear to ? you slow as ? . We already know about the DLC. Capcom already stated that with regards to the extra modes. Again, the reason they are releasing it early is so that the competitive players can get ready for the Capcom Pro Tour. You're acting like you've uncovered some great conspiracy when in fact it's something that we've known for a while.

And on top of that, you're misrepresenting ? . Because the only DLC that applies to is the stuff coming in March and June, but we're going to have characters released on a monthly basis for years and there will be new modes and updates added for the lifetime of the system. Those things were most certainly not supposed to be on the game at launch, but they will still be free.
    LOL remember what you posted. I will bump this thread when all of this doesn't happen. The same thing will happen just like the last time when I was telling y'all about street fighter 4.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options

LOL remember what you posted. I will bump this thread when all of this doesn't happen. The same thing will happen just like the last time when I was telling y'all about street fighter 4.

We'll see. If Capcom ends up lying, I have no problem admitting wrong.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That video pretty much explain why I don't buy anything from Capcom unless it's Resident Evil. Before I saw the video I read the reviews from amazon because I was actually thinking about taking a chance and buying SF V. When I read different reviews stating there was no story mode I said forget it. No way a gaming company can justify consumers paying $60+ and no story mode/arcade isn't involved. Capcom should know better.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    willhustle wrote: »

That video pretty much explain why I don't buy anything from Capcom unless it's Resident Evil. Before I saw the video I read the reviews from amazon because I was actually thinking about taking a chance and buying SF V. When I read different reviews stating there was no story mode I said forget it. No way a gaming company can justify consumers paying $60+ and no story mode/arcade isn't involved. Capcom should know better.

There is a story mode...