So i just caught the Tomb Raiders Definitive edition "black screen of death"

Options
Lurkristocrat
Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
NIGGAAAAAAAAA

The game is actually fun and little bit of a rip off of "last of us" but yesterday while 50% completed i could no longer upload my saved game. Just a black screen and the background audio.
So i looked up any possible ways to fix it and apparently its a big issue but no way to actually fix it. Its pretty much a broken game.

Im guessing thats why it was up for free download.

Comments

• The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Should have grabbed an Xbox.
    CD3ITLs.gif
  • Lurkristocrat
    Options
    Should have grabbed an Xbox.
    CD3ITLs.gif

i have both and it happened ON the xbox.
  • Lurkristocrat
    Options
    but hey i finally found solution

Level 1
    Posted 16 Mar 2014 2:12 PM
    Hi Guys,

i think I have found a workaround for which you don´t need a second xbox. I don´t know if this works for everybody but for me it has solved the problem with the black screen.

Try the following:

1. Delete your TRDE save game from your console, not from the cloud.

2. Start TRDE and the recovery process of your profile begins. Cancel this process!!! you will get a warning message like "save data will be incomplete" or something (i do not know wich message is displayed in english, cause i am from germany).

3. Confirm the Cancelling of the recovery process!!!

4. After that you have a blank TRDE without any saves, in the main menu you can only start a new game and not continue one of your old ones.

5. Start a new game an play until the first autosave-point ("lara in the water after the ship has sunk")

6. Quit the game and go to the xbox dahsboard

7. Delete your TRDE savegame again from your console not from the cloud.

8. Start TRDE and DON´T CANCEL the recovery process of your profile.

9. Your old (formerly not working) Savegame will be recovered. You can choose it in the menu now.

After this procedure my savegame works perfect :-)), but however i will use 2 Slots now ;-)

Sorry for my bad english.