Who is/will be the Most successful black QB?

Trillfate
Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2016 in From the Cheap Seats
Not your favorite, but the one who has/will achieve the most in the NFL

Who is/will be the Most successful black QB? 48 votes

Cam
27%
whatevathehelld.greengman82its....JOHN BVader_F_KennedyPiffyHazeInglewood_BSheerExcellenceAggieLean.onetoughmiracleA Talented OnePeace_79mrtdb 13 votes
Wilson
18%
lord nemesisfortyacresvagrant-718af.r.i.c.a.Serious Juice MayneLPastOlorun22CashmoneyDuxBeefer77 9 votes
Vick
2%
manofmorehouse 1 vote
Mcnabb
12%
ethosspit_fiyaMister B.ShizlanskyTrillfateyahwehprofet 6 votes
Culpepper
0%
Cunningham
0%
Moon
33%
lion_heartsouthsil4lildamnkpS2Janeed123the ghostMoore7swaterproofPanchoYoSanchoCapitalBOuncemannujerz84Solitary SoldierRubato GarciaLouis DevinearIntelligent_Hoodlum 16 votes
Doug Williams
4%
IbexTHIRDSUPREME 2 votes
McNair
0%
other
2%
$tayRichROLLIN 1 vote

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wilson and Cam no one else really ranks seeing as they are not playing anymore
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mcnabb
    Right now 1-26-2016

It's McNabb
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wilson
    Wilson as of now but Cam will eclipse him soon.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moon
    ^^^lol @ Wilson as of now

Wilson and Cam are on PACE to eclipse the greats, but geez at picking them over Moon and McNabb, and to a lesser degreeCunningham

Definitely can't take them over Moon tho, no way. Moon,is a damn,hall of famer, so that easily puts him over Wlliams, Mcnair (kinda overeatee RIP) , and the rest

I hate young mfers,man. No respect for history
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mcnabb
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Right now 1-26-2016

It's McNabb

Co-sign this. Right now it's McNuggets with a very slim margin over Moon. McNuggets got the numbers, the pedigree in Philly, and almost everything else. The only thing he's missing was that ring.

However, in five years, I except either Cam or Russ - or BOTH - to take that spot. So, unless someone else comes along and slaughter the league like these two are doing, by decade's end, they'll be either 1 & 2, or 1a and 1b.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say McNabb right now, but Cam coming for that. I feel like Wilson's best argument is playoffs n superbowl appereances n they def factor into it all...but his defense n running game were a big reason for him getting there.
  • playmaker88
    Yea id say Mcnabb now also but its a wrap.. All these dude have to do is play out the string.. If Mcnabb wasnt such a company man and a sensitive ? he'd have at least a ring on his finger.. There was a time it was him and Manning Imo.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cam
    Will be? Cam close thread
  • Trillfate
    Mcnabb
    Yea id say Mcnabb now also but its a wrap.. All these dude have to do is play out the string.. If Mcnabb wasnt such a company man and a sensitive ? he'd have at least a ring on his finger.. There was a time it was him and Manning Imo.

Now that I think about it im suprised Mcnabb never won league MVP... especially that first year with TO
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Cam
    Will be? Cam close thread

Is? Warren Moon
  • Shizlansky
    Mcnabb
    This ? changed the title.

Lock this ? up.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wilson
    Dumb thread. Why have presented and past
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mcnabb
    Folks stay forgetting about McNabb
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moon
    Moon hes the only hall of famer on the list (CFL and Pro Football HOF)
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Trillfate
    Mcnabb
    Shout out Tyrod Taylor... the Bills are committed
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    McNabb had a good career but nothing he did to me made me feel like he was game changing QB. His best year was with TO & that Philly D during that time is underrated.

To me Warren Moon is still the best black QB with Cam & Wilson having the best chances to overtake him.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moon
    grYmes wrote: »
    McNabb had a good career but nothing he did to me made me feel like he was game changing QB. His best year was with TO & that Philly D during that time is underrated.

To me Warren Moon is still the best black QB with Cam & Wilson having the best chances to overtake him.

I disagree did u see who he had to throw 2 all those years before he got TO? Trash pinkston Brown Mitchell... mcabb had some of the goat scrambles in the pocket and they won. Dude was a great qb
  • grYmes
    aneed123 wrote: »

I disagree did u see who he had to throw 2 all those years before he got TO? Trash pinkston Brown Mitchell... mcabb had some of the goat scrambles in the pocket and they won. Dude was a great qb

Yea he had some sorry WR depth before TO. So did Tom Brady before Moss & he still managed to win three Super Bowls.

McNabb still was a good QB but they should of won at least one Super Bowl.
  • Shizlansky
    Mcnabb

Yea he had some sorry WR depth before TO. So did Tom Brady before Moss & he still managed to win three Super Bowls.

Brady defense won 3 Superbowls. Their offense wasn't anything great
  • grYmes
    edited August 2016

No they weren't but I basically said what you just did when you quoted me. Brady was clutch when it mattered those Super Bowl years tho. Something McNabb couldn't do & the those offenses before TO came was just as slightly above average.

McNabb & Brady were basically in the same boat. Good QB with average supporting cast & superior defenses. Brady handled it in big moments, McNabb didn't.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moon was 3rd all time in passing yards. Had he not had to go to Canada he woulds been #1 all time in passing yards over Marino.
    I hate how the league did him coming out of college. There's no way he should've been the MVP of the Rose Bowl and gone undrafted.
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cam

No they weren't but I basically said what you just did when you quoted me. Brady was clutch when it mattered those Super Bowl years tho. Something McNabb couldn't do & the those offenses before TO came was just as slightly above average.

McNabb & Brady were basically in the same boat. Good QB with average supporting cast & superior defenses. Brady handled it in big moments, McNabb didn't.

Brady also had Belichick and this was during spy gate.
  • playmaker88
    Veniteri.(spellcheck) and a great offensive line