Zach Galifianakis On 'Hangover' Films: 'I Wish We Had Just Done One'

1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
hangover.jpg?itok=shz70qB0

Like many other people who are human beings, Zach Galifianakis wishes there was only one Hangover movie. Unlike human beings, Zach Galifianakis actually worked on all three Hangover movies, including the one everyone liked and the two nobody liked.

At the tail end of a long conversation on an episode of WTF with Marc Maron, Galifianakis jokes that he is “contracted up to 12” Hangover films, before stating that he is not working on any more installments in the series at the moment. “That was a chunk of my life that I do not regret at all,” Galifianakis says. “I wish we had just done one. I think leave well enough alone sometimes.”

Galifianakis does allow for the scant possibility of some future adventures for the character played by Zach Galifianakis, the other character played by Bradley Cooper, and all the other iconic hungover characters you’re having a tough time recalling just now. “In 10 years, when this all dries up, I’m sure I’ll be knocking on people’s doors,” jokes Galifianakis. (Calling Whoever Is J.J. Abrams 10 Years From Now: Keep that Hangover reboot script in your back pocket!)

Galifianakis’ new TV show, Baskets, just debuted to solid ratings on FX. It’s about a professional clown who leaves Paris and returns to Bakersfield, which for all we know was also the plot of The Hangover Part III, don’t know, didn’t see it, still waiting on Due Date Part II.

Comments