Barbershop in Maryland

Options

Comments

• Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Paprika wrote: »
    $35! He's taking that extra $15 as tip.

Buy yourself some clippers and cut your own hair. I haven't been to a barber shop since July.

Bought a t liner, since November. i guess its back to youtube tutorials. the angles is a bit tough using a clipper.
  • Figo
    Options
    barbers cooking. $25 at this shop i found in Bowie.
    makes sense cutting self. now is just understanding which of these clippers is best. got to much to choose from.
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Second Chance Barber Shop
    Hyattsville, MD
    301-559-2775

Ask for Keith or Jay
    $20
  • Cleveland7venty6
    Cleveland7venty6 Members Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate going to the barbershop so much so that i grew locks for 15 years and now i just shave my head bald.

at this rate, yall gon be paying 50 bucks bi/weekly by the year 2020.
  • Figo
    Options
    Second Chance Barber Shop
    Hyattsville, MD
    301-559-2775

Ask for Keith or Jay
    $20

cool vibes. before i head there, ill hit u up on here.
  • Figo
    Options
    500_500_csupload_38820033.jpg?u=794392129

bought this one.
    joint is a challenge
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    35? Hell naw you getting robbed.

I'm paying $20 right now and I'm feeling robbed

^^^All this here. Like bruh said you just cuttin hair. Iono WTF happened. 35 tho?! Naw bruh...
  • Cleveland7venty6
    Cleveland7venty6 Members Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Figo wrote: »
    500_500_csupload_38820033.jpg?u=794392129

bought this one.
    joint is a challenge

we have these. It gets close as a razor, but expensive. keep em clean tho. religiously.
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Barbers charge way to much nowadays. And celebrity barbers, WTF is that, you just cutting hair
    $150 for a hair cut, nah im cool lol
  • jniam
    jniam Members Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hey man if you're in PG County I recommend 'Main Event' in College Park, MD. It's off Rt 1./Baltimore Avenue.

I get $15 (student discount + $2 tip). Everyone else is $20. Even at that, I stopped going there. My boy hooks me up with $5 for shape-up and $10 for the cut.

There's also another place called Universal Barbers also in College Park on Rt. 1. It's across from an apartment block call "The Enclave". They should also be $20 (although I haven't been there since summer of 2015. They get quite busy on the weekends. Seems like a cracking spot.

But $35, nah, that's highway robbery. Such activity should be reported to the feds.
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Figo
    edited March 2016
    Options
    jniam wrote: »
    Hey man if you're in PG County I recommend 'Main Event' in College Park, MD. It's off Rt 1./Baltimore Avenue.

I get $15 (student discount + $2 tip). Everyone else is $20. Even at that, I stopped going there. My boy hooks me up with $5 for shape-up and $10 for the cut.

There's also another place called Universal Barbers also in College Park on Rt. 1. It's across from an apartment block call "The Enclave". They should also be $20 (although I haven't been there since summer of 2015. They get quite busy on the weekends. Seems like a cracking spot.

But $35, nah, that's highway robbery. Such activity should be reported to the feds.

thats the one close to corner stone bar?

i use to go there back in the days. i think they have a women saloon to the left in the back. yea they was cool.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn bro. i pay 20 at one shop and 20 (with tip) at the Jamaican joint
  • Figo
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    damn bro. i pay 20 at one shop and 20 (with tip) at the Jamaican joint

NJ & NY got them real island barbers that perfect their skill from cutting back home or folks who taught them from home. line up be sharp like chinee chopper.

right now i growing my hair back. ? push the ? back so bad, looking like a kid draw a batman logo. madness dread
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont tip my barber..

? get straight 20 for the cut one week and 10 for a shape up the next
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont tip my barber..

? get straight 20 for the cut one week and 10 for a shape up the next

That's fatherless behavior slime
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    i got a few barbers in different towns....i used to jus give one the whole 20 when he charged 15...then he went to 20, and thats all he got. ...

its a crackhead barber who turned his ? den into a makeshift shop that charge 7...i always gave him 10...i remember one time i gave him 15 bucks, u woulda thought i gave him 100 as geeked as he got lmfao....im willim to bet a few guys got cut by him before on here....73rd n paulina ...he been cuttin for at least 15 yrs

now i jus shave my ? smh...
  • Figo
    Options
    What's worst than having a barber who talks talks talks talks. Yup, back to the drawing board. Any barber recommendations in PG county Maryland?
  • Figo
    Options
    ? frusts. Got me feeling like driving to Brooklyn or queens NY to get a decent haircut.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Late to the party, but $35 is mad money to be paying for a cut. My barber who's been cutting my hair since primary school charges £9, so I just give him £10 and everyone is sweet... That's under $13.

I'm assuming you've found someone decent by now. Worse comes to the worse there's always the afro.
  • Figo
    Options
    about to try a new barber in greenbelt. last barber done took my hairline back to Madagascar. smh
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea 35 is crazy....

this junt a beast for folks balding there own heads

s-l300.jpg
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo in Charlotte it's a shop where trade turn into beauties goes there were 2 shops that used to charge 10....the owner ..a lady owned the property that both shops were on along with the gas station and used to give the sharpest fades ever..
    I wanted to ? .the ? outta her. Lil older slim joint cute face.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    25 -30 depending where you in my city