Malcolm X vs James Baldwin (debate from 1963)

Options

Comments

• whoseworldisthis
    whoseworldisthis Members Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    Believe me, I'm not trying to throw shade on Malcolm X's legacy.

But he was a complex man and several people have both stated in interviews and wrote in books that he was a gigalo for money with men and women in his Malcolm Little years before prison...

You can't call out James Baldwin on this without also calling out Malcolm X on the same thing.

Why are you spreading these lies???[

Yeah, I just decided to make this stuff up. C'mon man, there is no benefit to me lying about this...

I've read almost every biography about Malcolm X and these rumors from his "Detroit Red"/ street hustling days keep coming up.

You can accept it or not... believe or not...

I didn't want to believe it either but it is what it is.

If James Baldwin didn't say he was a homosexual himself and instead it was just a rumor... would you deny that too?

The only reason I said anything about Malcolm X's sexuality is because a few people in here were so quick to dismiss the lifelong work of James Baldwin based on the fact dude was ? .

I just like historical accuracy even if it I don't agree with it.

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and yeh.. i didnt read no ? ? about Brother Malcolm in his book.. i have heard ? heresay tho..

one part of the book before he met Betty kind of struck me odd.. he wasnt ? on no ? and then really only married her kinda out of necessity if u ask me..

and outside of the times she got pregnant i seriously doubt they ? . hahaha

but who gives a ? ?? is what he sayin resonating ..if so recieve the message..
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Manning Marable and several others have said Malcolm was involved with ? for pay activities...these cannot be substantiated and are irrelevant. Baldwin was openly homosexual and IIRC even had white boyfriends, him being ? is equally irrelevant.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this thread needs to be burned
  • whoseworldisthis
    Options
    and yeh.. i didnt read no ? ? about Brother Malcolm in his book.. i have heard ? heresay tho..

one part of the book before he met Betty kind of struck me odd.. he wasnt ? on no ? and then really only married her kinda out of necessity if u ask me..

and outside of the times she got pregnant i seriously doubt they ? . hahaha

but who gives a ? ?? is what he sayin resonating ..if so recieve the message..

this I can agree with, I wasn't trying to sidetrack the thread

scroll back through the posts and see who brought up James Baldwin's sexuality rather than his message

sometimes people like to stay slept...

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

But he was a complex man and several people have both stated in interviews and wrote in books that he was a gigalo for money with men and women in his Malcolm Little years before prison...

You can't call out James Baldwin on this without also calling out Malcolm X on the same thing.

Yeah, I just decided to make this stuff up. C'mon man, there is no benefit to me lying about this...

I've read almost every biography about Malcolm X and these rumors from his "Detroit Red"/ street hustling days keep coming up.

If James Baldwin didn't say he was a homosexual himself and instead it was just a rumor... would you deny that too?

The only reason I said anything about Malcolm X's sexuality is because a few people in here were so quick to dismiss the lifelong work of James Baldwin based on the fact dude was ? .

So in other words you are spreading lies/gossip just like a woman.
  • whoseworldisthis
    Options

Or I'm paraphrasing part of "Malcolm X: A Life of Reinvention" which won the 2012 Pulitzer Prize for History by this man:

alg_manning_marable.jpg
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only people still slept are y'all thinking a black ? can lead you anywhere, but in the same trap he's already been caught in. You already see in current times how this ? ? is being pushed on us and more importantly, our ? children.

Where do you think your sick-minded savior would have stood on these issues?

He was nothing but a mole meant to throw us off course, and they still use this tactic to date. Y'all are the ones that need to wake up. Every brother ain't a brother.
  • zzombie
    Options

Or I'm paraphrasing part of "Malcolm X: A Life of Reinvention" which won the 2012 Pulitzer Prize for History by this man:

alg_manning_marable.jpg

With all due respect ? him and ? you. I am not impressed by awards especially when they are given for some ? book that contains no concrete evidence and proves nothing.
  • zzombie
    Options
    If Malcolm x had ? sex that ? would have been made well known and popularized while he was alive because white america and the government in general hated that ? more than MLK and all the rest
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Malcolm x had ? sex that ? would have been made well known and popularized while he was alive because white america and the government in general hated that ? more than MLK and all the rest

the government clearly saw MLK Jr. as the bigger threat. When MLK had a communist in his inner circle there were White House meetings about it. J Edgar Hoover never mailed Malcolm X threatening blackmail letters demanding that he ? himself. If anything, a radical militant is the perfect boogeyman for an oppressor class.
  • zzombie
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »

the government clearly saw MLK Jr. as the bigger threat. When MLK had a communist in his inner circle there were White House meetings about it. J Edgar Hoover never mailed Malcolm X threatening blackmail letters demanding that he ? himself. If anything, a radical militant is the perfect boogeyman for an oppressor class.

Whatever ? , they hated his ass and he was a public figure with a shady past most likely if anything as scandalous as ? sex was in his background the powers that be would have exposed it.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    SELASI_i wrote: »
    ? Gregory gon beat the ? out u ?

That old man will snap and have you looking stupid if you don't know what you talking about. I always figured talk about X being ? was just some ? to slander his name, though.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »

That old man will snap and have you looking stupid if you don't know what you talking about. I always figured talk about X being ? was just some ? to slander his name, though.

HM!!?
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

HM!!?

What does a HM stand for?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thread has already been derailed by them ? accusations so I may as well drop more verbal abuse by ? Gregory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hN7cqXEyA8
  • CapitalB
    Options

HM!!?

What does a HM stand for?

when OG goes off he always make that "HM!!?" sound hahahaha
    im surprised nobody caught that. hahaha

? Gregory is by far the realest ? iv ever had the pleasure to listen to.. he's mu ? hero.. but when he goes off and then hit them wit the "HM!!?" i falls the ? out..

thats when u know he mad. lol
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »

Whatever ? , they hated his ass and he was a public figure with a shady past most likely if anything as scandalous as ? sex was in his background the powers that be would have exposed it.

lol i actually was gonna say that i agree with you about the "this is too scandalous to be kept quiet" perspective.......if nothing else Elijah woulda gotten wind of it somehow imho and there's no WAY he'd let it lie after Malcolm started putting his dirt out there, right? i just felt the need to defend MLK, i don't like when people downplay exactly how hated he was. My dad said when he came to Philly white folks was out they ? mind for days, protesting with big signs on flatbed trucks saying we can't let that ? come here. Reagan didn't wanna sign that bill for a reason.

Ta-Nehisi Coates called ? on Marable's claim, good enough for me.
  • Asantewa
    Asantewa Members Posts: 71 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options

Why are you spreading these lies???

Why are you so ignorant? @whoseworldisthis isn't lying their have been various historians who have came out and stated Malcom had previous homosexual affairs. You people act like homosexuality is a new world phenomena. 1,500 animal species practice homosexuality.
    The only people still slept are y'all thinking a black ? can lead you anywhere, but in the same trap he's already been caught in.

I hope you are aware that research have proven that homosexual men have higher IQs than heterosexual men; go read some peer reviewed journals. I hope you are also aware that homosexual men typically make more money than heterosexual men.
  • zzombie
    Options
    Asantewa wrote: »

Why are you spreading these lies???

Why are you so ignorant? @whoseworldisthis isn't lying their have been various historians who have came out and stated Malcom had previous homosexual affairs. You people act like homosexuality is a new world phenomena. 1,500 animal species practice homosexuality.
    The only people still slept are y'all thinking a black ? can lead you anywhere, but in the same trap he's already been caught in.

I hope you are aware that research have proven that homosexual men have higher IQs than heterosexual men; go read some peer reviewed journals. I hope you are also aware that homosexual men typically make more money than heterosexual men.

Not everything written by historians has validity the "proof" behind these rumors has always been shady. We don't care how much money ? make and we don't care about the Europeans ? I.q test. With the way this society is set up intelligence is less important in affecting how successful an individual is
  • whoseworldisthis
    edited January 2016
    Options

alg_manning_marable.jpg

With all due respect ? him and ? you. I am not impressed by awards especially when they are given for some ? book that contains no concrete evidence and proves nothing.

so we can't have discussions about historical figures because you get upset when the narrative doesn't fit your agenda?

JFK was a known philanderer who was tagging every woman in sight and possibly giving up presidential secrets to some of those women during his after sex bedside chats but that doesn't mean he wasn't a good president who did a lot of great things for America

But, by your rationale, we can't discuss any of that stuff about JFK

? outta here...grow up, man... sometimes your heroes did dirt... not everything is a conspiracy
  • zzombie
    edited January 2016
    Options

alg_manning_marable.jpg

so we can't have discussions about historical figures because you get upset when the narrative doesn't fit your agenda?

JFK was a known philanderer who was tagging every woman in sight and possibly giving up presidential secrets to some of those women during his after sex bedside chats but that doesn't mean he wasn't a good president who did a lot of great things for America

? outta here...grow up, man... sometimes your heroes did dirt... not everything is a conspiracy

The difference is that there is real proof JFK was a playboy. There is none that proves Malcolm x ever ? men.

You are naive as ? if you believe everything written in a book about somebody decades after they die.
  • zzombie
    Options
    I can just imagine the kind of fuckery people are going to write about Obama decades after he dies.they write fuckery about him now ? will just tun up when he dies
  • CapitalB
    edited January 2016
    Options

alg_manning_marable.jpg

The difference is that there is real proof JFK was a playboy. There is none that proves Malcolm x ever ? men.

You are naive as ? if you believe everything written in a book about somebody decades after they die.

the new testament??!