Options
    5th Letter is a ? ? .
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    charles2 wrote: »
    Difference between movies and rap though is that rap portrays itself as reality. Of course parents are responsible for their kids, but the kids most heavily influenced by this music are those with no parents or irresponsible ones. There has to be accountability in our music given the amount of influence it wields.

Add another advisory next to the parental one stating the content herein is fictional and mimicking the actions portrayed can lead to jail or death.

So Future should change his music because there are kids out there with no good parents or guardians? No that's not Future's problem. When these white kids are shooting up schools and malls I don't see anyone blaming the music they listen to as an influence, they talk about mental health. If a kid gets into crime then that's a decision that that kid made, it has nothing to do with music, kids aren't THAT damn stupid.

In other words, if the parents aren't "good," that's on them, let the rappers do whatever they want. Doesn't matter if blacks suffer as a race.

And your ? ? has the nerve to call me a ? . Brah, you are in my universe in terms of my commitment to this ? .
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Difference between movies and rap though is that rap portrays itself as reality. Of course parents are responsible for their kids, but the kids most heavily influenced by this music are those with no parents or irresponsible ones. There has to be accountability in our music given the amount of influence it wields.

Add another advisory next to the parental one stating the content herein is fictional and mimicking the actions portrayed can lead to jail or death.

So Future should change his music because there are kids out there with no good parents or guardians? No that's not Future's problem. When these white kids are shooting up schools and malls I don't see anyone blaming the music they listen to as an influence, they talk about mental health. If a kid gets into crime then that's a decision that that kid made, it has nothing to do with music, kids aren't THAT damn stupid.

In other words, if the parents aren't "good," that's on them, let the rappers do whatever they want. Doesn't matter if blacks suffer as a race.

And your ? ? has the nerve to call me a ? . Brah, you are in my universe in terms of my commitment to this ? .

What does a rapper talking about cooking coke and killing people have to do with ? parents? And why must they change the way they make music because of ? parents? Hip hop is not the reason for the economical situation these people are in, these situations force people into crime due to a lack of resources and opportunity. Hip hop music is not making young Timmy sell drugs, it's his environment that does that.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What does a rapper talking about cooking coke and killing people have to do with ? parents? And why must they change the way they make music because of ? parents? Hip hop is not the reason for the economical situation these people are in, these situations force people into crime due to a lack of resources and opportunity. Hip hop music is not making young Timmy sell drugs, it's his environment that does that.

I think I is a combination of influences. And whichever one of those influences that child pays the most attention too is the most effective.

I agree with the bold to an extent, but how would you explain these kids that grow up in the suburbs selling drugs?
  • 5th Letter
    Options

I think I is a combination of influences. And whichever one of those influences that child pays the most attention too is the most effective.

I agree with the bold to an extent, but how would you explain these kids that grow up in the suburbs selling drugs?
    Let's get this out of the way. Yes in the history of western civilization I'm sure there were kids that were influenced by rap music to do crime. However that is not the norm and that's just regurgitating these white supremacist talking points about rap music, just like they used to shift blame away from themselves by claiming black kids were literally eating paint chips. When it was them that were poisoning those kids. The situation that these black folks were/are in is due to systemic white supremacy, no resources, little to no opportunities, ? school systems, and a young kid sees an opportunity to make a quick buck by stealing cars, B&E, selling drugs etc as opposed to coming home and seeing their moms struggle with no food. Crime in these communities are usually a result of lack of resources. Not a damn rap record telling them to do this ? .

As for your last point I need more context about kids selling drugs from the suburbs.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I aint reading this ? . It is counter productive point blank period.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Nobody ever worried too much about what the sopranos glorified.

This is exactly the wrong response.

Whatever The Sopranos glorified, it would not have the same affect on our kids, and so on our communities.

White folks' double standards is completely irrelevant. Suppose that the Sopranos is harmful to white kids. Then when they turn a blind eye to that, they're the ones who will suffer. But it would be extreme folly for us to turn a blind eye to what rappers are doing because whites turn a blind eye to what their music and movies are doing. Because we are the one that will suffer, and probably more too.

This isn't true at all. The Mob has had a direct affect on our community. They ran the drug game since the 1920s and every gangsta rapper wanted to be Mafioso.
  • A Talented One
    Options

Dude said that if the parents are ? up, and the kids get led astray by rappers as a result, that's on the parents. Doesn't matter how that affects the race. Rappers must be allowed to do whatever.

What I'm saying is that I don't see the point of even communicating with someone who has such utterly disgusting views. That brother is a traitor to the race as far as I am concerned, even if he is loyal to hip hop.
  • A Talented One
    Options
  • A Talented One
    Options
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 5th Letter
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm going to use this thread to post some of my favorite gangster/drug dealing/shoot a ? rap songs. ? are to be ridiculed and mocked.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=tNXy7vmacmg
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=JU9TouRnO84

Whip it real hard, whip it whip it real hard!!!
  • 5th Letter
    Options
  • 5th Letter
    Options
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    I'm going to use this thread to post some of my favorite gangster/drug dealing/shoot a ? rap songs. ? are to be ridiculed and mocked.

Best Joey ? song
  • 5th Letter
    Options
  • 5th Letter
    Options

Best Joey ? song

Joey's slept on, he has a lot of dope records.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=JvgK3083rMc

• 5th Letter
    Options
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=Lk1POuNuCnI

Sneakers stay black floating in the flyest ac ? !!!!!
  • 5th Letter
    Options
  • 5th Letter
    Options
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dude said that if the parents are ? up, and the kids get led astray by rappers as a result, that's on the parents. Doesn't matter how that affects the race. Rappers must be allowed to do whatever.

What I'm saying is that I don't see the point of even communicating with someone who has such utterly disgusting views. That brother is a traitor to the race as far as I am concerned, even if he is loyal to hip hop.

When you put it like that, I agree.

But I this goes back to something I have noticed about people in our society in general. We are selfish. And we don't care about our neighbor as much as we do ourselves. But the wild part about that line of thinking is that most of us have children. Do not think you are doing harm by ignoring the signs of neglect/lax parenting exhibited by the children your kids are around?

We cant save the WHOLE world, but we can do what we can to make our corner better. Getting to these kids is important, I'm telling you....
  • 5th Letter
    Options

When you put it like that, I agree.

But I this goes back to something I have noticed about people in our society in general. We are selfish. And we don't care about our neighbor as much as we do ourselves. But the wild part about that line of thinking is that most of us have children. Do not think you are doing harm by ignoring the signs of neglect/lax parenting exhibited by the children your kids are around?

We cant save the WHOLE world, but we can do what we can to make our corner better. Getting to these kids is important, I'm telling you....

https://youtube.com/watch?v=JJR7_FFu8UU

Bang bang bang bang!!!!
  • BlackCat
    BlackCat Members Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This whole argument is faulty. We shouldn't put responsibility on the rappers. They are artists and creative. They created something and work hard to get this far and you want to blame them for the ills of the youth. Might as well blame authors, film makers, painters, poets etc just because they express certain things you deem to be negative. This ain't ? Germany smh
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea kinda like how folks say Empire is coonery yet praise Power which is about a murderous drug dealer. I don't get it. C tha ? talks alot about this and liking when gangsta rappers do gangsta ? . I mean in a world full of Rick Ross' and the fraudulence in hip-hop *shrugs* Idk. And let's not act like music isn't an influence either when a few months ago folks were talking about nicki wifing Meek because Drake said it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ_3yfUDe-o
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBrhxpHkX4U