What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Lord Jamar Drops Jewels on Business, Minorities, Will Smith Being President and Floyd Mayweather....

SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH EditorPosts: 45,642 Regulator
Yall can hate on Lord Jamar aaaalll you want but he dropped a lot of real shit about politics and business and just the concept of wealth and time.....



Never thought about the dirt that would be dug up on Will Smith.

I don't even fuck with Vlad like that but this is prolly the best I've ever heard Jamar. People on that "live for the moment"/YOLO shit better take heed and start thinking more long-term or else end up like what Jamar is saying. No diss but the niggas he talkin bout are the same who won't watch the interview, but they're a lost case anyways.

Oh and a loooot of muthafuckas gonna end up living mid life crisis' and don't eem know it. It's gonna be far worse than our predecessors....


ETHER @ Mayweather..... Jamar said "money is a concept" that's some Rich Dad/Poor Dad shit, it's true what he's saying. Niggas need to stop worshipping money and learn to see it the other way around.



(sidenote: I can agree 100% with Vlad on investing)

IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
T. Sanford wrote: »
Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
2stepz_aheaddnyce215R.D.T. SanfordA Talented One$tayRichROLLINYoung_Chitlin5th LetterGo figureTrollio MarcusGarveyMelqartTrillaaaaaagalaxy_1221AP21nex gin
«13

Replies

  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord Jamar speaking that real shit in this video
    ¡No contaban con mi astucia!
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

    Thats not what you want to do.

    You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

    So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

    Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

    AggyAF wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

    All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

    hqg-277.gif


    Sion$tayRichROLLINBender RodriguezTrillaaaaaa
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattlePosts: 50,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly never listened to a Jamar/Vlad interview....but this is some real shit they both spitting especially Jamar
    As I look back over a misspent life, I find myself more and more convinced that I had more fun posting on the IC than in any other enterprise. It is really the life of kings.

    2stepz_aheadSiondnyce215
  • D0wnD0wn Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sion you couldn't drop footnotes nigga?
    Dabb on em, Dabb on em
    Dabb on em, Dabb on em
    Dabb on em, Dabb on em
    Dabb on a Hater like

    Cam-gif.gif
    Sion
  • MrMinimalistMrMinimalist Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niggas don't care about investing or wealth for the family, they're too busy watching Love & HipHop or worrying about the latest mixtape.
    Siondnyce215Broddie
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,642 Regulator
    edited January 2016
    D0wn wrote: »
    @Sion you couldn't drop footnotes nigga?
    Niggas don't care about investing or wealth for the family, they're too busy watching Love & HipHop or worrying about the latest mixtape.

    @D0wn my man said it best therefore, do yourself a favour and watch the video. Don't be a statistic :+1: .
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

    http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

    ^^^ If you need anything go here

    jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    2stepz_aheadYoung_ChitlinAjackson17
  • MrMinimalistMrMinimalist Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing documentaries, looks like Pablo Escobar was a super generous guy.

    Also everyone don't want to be a billionaire. Hell making 20 million a year, I'll be very content. I'll be content 4 million a year.

    Nothing wrong with dressing and looking good because you got money and want to yourself but doing that to please others and you're broke is not the way to go.

  • $tayRichROLLIN$tayRichROLLIN Home away from homePosts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth stew Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That shit bout the shoes is so real....the two richest dudes i know i dont think one even has a car lol and the other one wears bummy chuck taylors...so u see them in the street, u dont think twice...but they tell u their networth and ur mouth drops....

    Nah it's not. White people lack style or swag or whatever you want to call it. Their shit always looks suspect, because they don't know any better. A lot of them also lack hygiene. That shit is not wavy. Stop looking up to outsiders and look to your ancestors or enlightened peers for guidance, or just do you.

    There is nothing wrong with having a nice ride, and a nice spot if it fits in the budget.
    illedoutdnyce215
  • CracceRCracceR ૐ☯★♑☮⌘ Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That shit bout the shoes is so real....the two richest dudes i know i dont think one even has a car lol and the other one wears bummy chuck taylors...so u see them in the street, u dont think twice...but they tell u their networth and ur mouth drops....

    Nah it's not. White people lack style or swag or whatever you want to call it. Their shit always looks suspect, because they don't know any better. A lot of them also lack hygiene. That shit is not wavy. Stop looking up to outsiders and look to your ancestors or enlightened peers for guidance, or just do you.

    There is nothing wrong with having a nice ride, and a nice spot if it fits in the budget.


    yet all the versace, armani, gucci, louie, rolexes, benzes etc. are from europe aka craccers. relax b

    mohamedDaCaliKing
  • zzombiezzombie Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know lots of rich people that love fly shit but they can afford it too many blacks love fly shit but cannot afford it especially young people
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth stew Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    CracceR wrote: »
    That shit bout the shoes is so real....the two richest dudes i know i dont think one even has a car lol and the other one wears bummy chuck taylors...so u see them in the street, u dont think twice...but they tell u their networth and ur mouth drops....

    Nah it's not. White people lack style or swag or whatever you want to call it. Their shit always looks suspect, because they don't know any better. A lot of them also lack hygiene. That shit is not wavy. Stop looking up to outsiders and look to your ancestors or enlightened peers for guidance, or just do you.

    There is nothing wrong with having a nice ride, and a nice spot if it fits in the budget.


    yet all the versace, armani, gucci, louie, rolexes, benzes etc. are from europe aka craccers. relax b

    Style is not solely based on name brands. It's about your presence, matching, and originality. All that shit you named is considered better product quality than what most are use to. Big difference. There's a ton of suspect name brand shit.
    D0wnMallyGYoung StefOlorun22
  • 7figz7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    I'm not watching it unless there's a dope beat in the background, and bitches twerkin' that ass.

    Kidding.. the discussion was ok but not profound. I was expecting more about what to do than not to do.
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing documentaries, looks like Pablo Escobar was a super generous guy.

    Also everyone don't want to be a billionaire. Hell making 20 million a year, I'll be very content. I'll be content 4 million a year.

    Nothing wrong with dressing and looking good because you got money and want to yourself but doing that to please others and you're broke is not the way to go.

    bruh....let me say this.
    who doesn't want to be billionaire?

    to say you'd be happy with just a few million is self depreciation and self limiting.

    sounds like your speaking from receiving a hand out. because if you are making money an you get to have 20 mill ...you telling me you'd stop business?

    yea, I think not.

    our people need to stop placing self imposed limits on ourself.
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

    I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio


    SionR.D.dnyce215Young Stef
  • MrMinimalistMrMinimalist Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing documentaries, looks like Pablo Escobar was a super generous guy.

    Also everyone don't want to be a billionaire. Hell making 20 million a year, I'll be very content. I'll be content 4 million a year.

    Nothing wrong with dressing and looking good because you got money and want to yourself but doing that to please others and you're broke is not the way to go.

    bruh....let me say this.
    who doesn't want to be billionaire?

    to say you'd be happy with just a few million is self depreciation and self limiting.

    sounds like your speaking from receiving a hand out. because if you are making money an you get to have 20 mill ...you telling me you'd stop business?

    yea, I think not.

    our people need to stop placing self imposed limits on ourself.

    Does everyone wants to be a millionaire? No because not everyone wants that much money, to do the work or want the attention. I know not all billionaires are well known.

    As far as my millionaire point, a lot of people don't make that much within 10 years. Having a few million a year is good enough for people and their family is what I'm saying. So while working my businesses, I want to make as much as possible (up to a billion) but whatever's enough to be comfortable.
    BlackCat
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Seeing documentaries, looks like Pablo Escobar was a super generous guy.

    Also everyone don't want to be a billionaire. Hell making 20 million a year, I'll be very content. I'll be content 4 million a year.

    Nothing wrong with dressing and looking good because you got money and want to yourself but doing that to please others and you're broke is not the way to go.

    bruh....let me say this.
    who doesn't want to be billionaire?

    to say you'd be happy with just a few million is self depreciation and self limiting.

    sounds like your speaking from receiving a hand out. because if you are making money an you get to have 20 mill ...you telling me you'd stop business?

    yea, I think not.

    our people need to stop placing self imposed limits on ourself.

    Does everyone wants to be a millionaire? No because not everyone wants that much money, to do the work or want the attention. I know not all billionaires are well known.

    As far as my millionaire point, a lot of people don't make that much within 10 years. Having a few million a year is good enough for people and their family is what I'm saying. So while working my businesses, I want to make as much as possible (up to a billion) but whatever's enough to be comfortable.

    if we talking money...people don't want that million because it takes hard work. an they don't want to do the work it takes to get a million.

    now if some one just offers them a million or billion ...I'm sure 99% of people would not turn it away saying they cool living check to check with a job that's not loyal to the. so that kinda kills your point.

    an the more money you make the more your comfort will change. because you will begin to see different things that's available to you.

    it takes a very special person to work hard as hell an be a multi mulluonaire an still live like they only make $20k a year.
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

    I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio


    Young StefSion
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattlePosts: 50,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That shit bout the shoes is so real....the two richest dudes i know i dont think one even has a car lol and the other one wears bummy chuck taylors...so u see them in the street, u dont think twice...but they tell u their networth and ur mouth drops....

    Nah it's not. White people lack style or swag or whatever you want to call it. Their shit always looks suspect, because they don't know any better. A lot of them also lack hygiene. That shit is not wavy. Stop looking up to outsiders and look to your ancestors or enlightened peers for guidance, or just do you.

    There is nothing wrong with having a nice ride, and a nice spot if it fits in the budget.

    This is what you got from my post? And who the fuck said they were white? I mentioned wealthy ppl u automatically thought they were white, maybe YOU should stop looking at outsiders
    As I look back over a misspent life, I find myself more and more convinced that I had more fun posting on the IC than in any other enterprise. It is really the life of kings.

    2stepz_aheadSion
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth stew Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    That shit bout the shoes is so real....the two richest dudes i know i dont think one even has a car lol and the other one wears bummy chuck taylors...so u see them in the street, u dont think twice...but they tell u their networth and ur mouth drops....

    Nah it's not. White people lack style or swag or whatever you want to call it. Their shit always looks suspect, because they don't know any better. A lot of them also lack hygiene. That shit is not wavy. Stop looking up to outsiders and look to your ancestors or enlightened peers for guidance, or just do you.

    There is nothing wrong with having a nice ride, and a nice spot if it fits in the budget.

    This is what you got from my post? And who the fuck said they were white? I mentioned wealthy ppl u automatically thought they were white, maybe YOU should stop looking at outsiders

    That was the tone of Lord Jamar's dialogue with Vlad, and you agreed with one of his comments.
  • R.D.R.D. Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing documentaries, looks like Pablo Escobar was a super generous guy.

    Also everyone don't want to be a billionaire. Hell making 20 million a year, I'll be very content. I'll be content 4 million a year.

    Nothing wrong with dressing and looking good because you got money and want to yourself but doing that to please others and you're broke is not the way to go.

    bruh....let me say this.
    who doesn't want to be billionaire?

    to say you'd be happy with just a few million is self depreciation and self limiting.

    sounds like your speaking from receiving a hand out. because if you are making money an you get to have 20 mill ...you telling me you'd stop business?

    yea, I think not.

    our people need to stop placing self imposed limits on ourself.

    Does everyone wants to be a millionaire? No because not everyone wants that much money, to do the work or want the attention. I know not all billionaires are well known.

    As far as my millionaire point, a lot of people don't make that much within 10 years. Having a few million a year is good enough for people and their family is what I'm saying. So while working my businesses, I want to make as much as possible (up to a billion) but whatever's enough to be comfortable.

    if we talking money...people don't want that million because it takes hard work. an they don't want to do the work it takes to get a million.

    now if some one just offers them a million or billion ...I'm sure 99% of people would not turn it away saying they cool living check to check with a job that's not loyal to the. so that kinda kills your point.

    an the more money you make the more your comfort will change. because you will begin to see different things that's available to you.

    it takes a very special person to work hard as hell an be a multi mulluonaire an still live like they only make $20k a year.

    lets not exaggerate but agreed
  • BlackCatBlackCat Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can not tell you how making a multi million dollar purchase. scared the shit outta me. I talked to @Sion about it an he helped keep me focused...lol

    think about it...a nigga from the hood in north philly that is buying a percentage of a company for a few million...still walking around with holes in his jeans an driving a car that was made in 2000.

    why cant y'all do it too?

    ya niggas are smarter than me, more creative, more intuned than me, but some waste time on the wrong shit.

    Much respect for your success and trying to motivate others but you make it seem easy to get there. There are a lot of people who work so hard to be successful and still fail. Someone with kids might not lose what they already have.
    Also u might be surprised but there are people who don't care that much about money as long as they living comfortable. Not everyone is equipped with enough knowledge to invest, buy a company etc then you still got to work to run the company.

    I seen some rich people who never get to enjoy life with their family because they constantly try to get rich and richer until their old enough to die.

    Now if we talking about those people with not enough food to put on a plate for their children but be driving the latest Lexus. That's a shame.
    MrMinimalistTrillaaaaaaYoung Stef
  • MarcusGarveyMarcusGarvey Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    I can not tell you how making a multi million dollar purchase. scared the shit outta me. I talked to @Sion about it an he helped keep me focused...lol

    think about it...a nigga from the hood in north philly that is buying a percentage of a company for a few million...still walking around with holes in his jeans an driving a car that was made in 2000.

    why cant y'all do it too?

    ya niggas are smarter than me, more creative, more intuned than me, but some waste time on the wrong shit.
    Care to share your journey? What type of company is it? @2stepz_ahead
  • MarcusGarveyMarcusGarvey Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not out here flossing, I live below my means, invest my money is business and stock market, try to frequent as many black businesses I can. Dope video @Sion
    Sion
«13
Sign In or Register to comment.