What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Lord Jamar Drops Jewels on Business, Minorities, Will Smith Being President and Floyd Mayweather....

Replies

• Ajackson17Ajackson17 On the shoulders of Giants and Elders in history UniversePosts: 22,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Investing in my business and soon the world.
    tumblr_mb0d6eD9dS1r7bmo8o1_500.gif

• 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlackCat wrote: »
    I can not tell you how making a multi million dollar purchase. scared the shit outta me. I talked to @Sion about it an he helped keep me focused...lol

think about it...a nigga from the hood in north philly that is buying a percentage of a company for a few million...still walking around with holes in his jeans an driving a car that was made in 2000.

why cant y'all do it too?

ya niggas are smarter than me, more creative, more intuned than me, but some waste time on the wrong shit.

Much respect for your success and trying to motivate others but you make it seem easy to get there. There are a lot of people who work so hard to be successful and still fail. Someone with kids might not lose what they already have.
    Also u might be surprised but there are people who don't care that much about money as long as they living comfortable. Not everyone is equipped with enough knowledge to invest, buy a company etc then you still got to work to run the company.

I seen some rich people who never get to enjoy life with their family because they constantly try to get rich and richer until their old enough to die.

Now if we talking about those people with not enough food to put on a plate for their children but be driving the latest Lexus. That's a shame.
    thanks bruh, appreciate it.
    but
    I'm glad you brought this up.
    I'm in no way saying its easy. but what I do do is look at how people carry themselves. an I work from there.

I often see very smart dudes from the hood get trapped over dumb shit an do want to live any better than they are because of who they are around. want nothing niggas. an day to day fresh looking block huggers.

I also try to talk those same dudes into starting a business. an their response is always the same...they are afraid.they afraid to gamble an not be able to feed their family. my rebuttal to that is these same dudes be the first ones ready to go to the trunk an shoot it out when they outnumbered.

so to me that's stupid...you will be ready to throw your life away or trade bullets but won't gamble to make your family better. does that make sense?

an you are right, some rich people work all the fukkin time. but at least they are trying to be rich. they are not content with just enough. I worked hard as hell to be able to retire early to enjoy my life while I can still walk up steps. comfort takes sacrifice. not the other way around.

i had a talk with a Nigerian rapper, he told me everyone can't be jayz...I told him its not about everyone trying to be jayz, but it is more like try replicating his hustle. dude only wanted to rap for Nigerians, in other words...limiting himself. but you want rap to pay the bills.

this type of mind frame is bullshit. why work at all if you not going to work hard, if you not going to get somewhere or be the best at what you do. that in itself will take you far.

and no, everyone will not make it. but they have to recognize why, they may be doing something wrong, they may be in the wrong lane, or doing it for the wring reasons. can be so many problems. they just have to be honest with themselves. an understand their weakness.

and those same people who claim to not care about money...ask them why they feel that way an what would they do if someone gave them a million dollars.
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio

BlackCatR.D.Sion
  • MrMinimalistMrMinimalist Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamar was saying how people are richer than Floyd. The thing is that the money Floyd has will be enough for his family legacy or to never work again.

A lot of people would kill to make $30,000 a month. With money you won't be a millionaire but I'm sure you can do whatever the hell you wanna do unless you have a ridiculous lifestyle of spending.
    TrillaaaaaaYoung Stefdnyce215
  • BlackCatBlackCat Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with that. When you know someone who has the potential to get to high places but don't even care or try. That's sad
    A million is still a lot of money but sometimes people say that about having millions and billions. One necessary don't need that much money. They can buy a house and pay their kids' loans or something and continue to do whatever they do if they really like their job even though they don't make a lot of money.

MrMinimalist
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Great talk.

The overall point is to think big. Thinking big brings in more perspective, and puts things in better context.

Thinking ahead is a part of thinking big.

When I worked in a group home those little niggas had big dreams but the problem was, like Vlad said, they had no concept of time. Dude was 15-16 years old complaining about not having alot of money and any time he got a nickel he spent it so the cycle continued.

I tried to tell them, hell I tried to show them but the culture is too ingrained in them. They want to be 20 year old self-made, first generation millionaires and its not realistic. I doubt many reading this would be surprised to know how many folks give up on themselves early has hell in life. They tap out at 23-24 years old, when they don't make the league, when that mixtape ain't moving like they wanted it to they throw in the towel.

At that point its all drowning yourself in drugs and whores to try to ease the frustration from failure but dudes are still young enough to switch lanes and keep it moving.

Just like that silly "are you washed up" thread a few days ago. Unless you give up on yourself and just resign to live check to check like a hamster on a wheel you still growing, you still moving forward, you progressing, nigga progress is power, change is power, you just got to harness it.

@SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

For blogs on hip-hop & entertainment:
    http://www.shobizcentral.wordpress.com

For blogs on politics and other things:
    http://www.jonoaries.blogspot.com

All blog written by me. If you like what I post on here you should dig the blogs too. I also accept suggestions on blog topics, so feel free to suggest things and also if you are a reader tell others, spread the word. I'll try not to be so lazy and actualy get some writing done.
    MrMinimalistYoung Stef
  • MrMinimalistMrMinimalist Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a 10 yr plan that most ppl can wrap their brain around. I am ahead of my goal.

I try to share what I know but niggas don't listen, so i stopped sharing.

I always hear that what if you don't live out that ten yr plan... simple answer. it goes to my wife, kids an niece.

niggas live for now an don't ever think about their kids outside of taking care of them now. but if you die.....then what?

You need to get with other entrepreneurs or entrepreneurs-in-the-making and build with them, and stop trying to enlighten regular 9 to 5 dead-end job niggas. You're wasting your time.

Only 2 types of people can be changed, children and people who want to change and are willing to listen. Know your audience and you can be far more effective in sharing what you know.

The bolded is true. 76% of the nation hate their job. When you present marketing or selling to start off part time to 9-5ers, they don't want to try or learn but complain about their job(s).

Young Stef
  • TrillaaaaaaTrillaaaaaa Robbed a thick bitch for 30 bands, now she back strippin/ Threw 5 back at her just for not snitchin Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Seeing documentaries, looks like Pablo Escobar was a super generous guy.

Also everyone don't want to be a billionaire. Hell making 20 million a year, I'll be very content. I'll be content 4 million a year.

Nothing wrong with dressing and looking good because you got money and want to yourself but doing that to please others and you're broke is not the way to go.

You would be content with a 2 dollar raise...we don't have to be millionaires to live comfortably
    MrMinimalist
  • AP21AP21 Sion Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    real spill in this video
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPPosts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some real shit said in the interview. Some shit I don't agree with either.
    so-you-can-justify-your-fear-of-all-muslims-because-13552115.png
    ui0cXEZO9B942C0C9zdV0mZbrfnJkR8jgEiVo_neMrk.gif?w=320&s=dfba6d9b7859acd7de58df24940fed79
    the-real-rick-ross-ain-t-a-rapper.american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee.white.w760h760.jpg

EmM HoLLa.Trillaaaaaa
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why he said to US 250Ms is alot but to those UBER rich folks Floyd's money is short.

A dude told me something once that was profound to me: "in every room full of millionaires is a broke person."

Its about the relativity of it all.

Floyd will also likely spend more than those richer than him too. Floyd is young, Floyd is in great shape, dude is about to hit the scene hard. Partying, fucking these hoes, probably dabble in some drugs, while at the same time doing business.

Truth is however, if he keeps buying unnecessarily expensive mansions and multiple luxury vehicles that 250ms could shrink quickly. Not to mention the tax man comes a-knocking yearly, and I'm sure his tax bill is hefty.

I really hope Floyd doesn't turn out like the stereotypical athlete where all his money goes to materials, taxes and alimony/child support.
    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

For blogs on hip-hop & entertainment:
    http://www.shobizcentral.wordpress.com

For blogs on politics and other things:
    http://www.jonoaries.blogspot.com

All blog written by me. If you like what I post on here you should dig the blogs too. I also accept suggestions on blog topics, so feel free to suggest things and also if you are a reader tell others, spread the word. I'll try not to be so lazy and actualy get some writing done.
    Siondnyce215
  • EmM HoLLa.EmM HoLLa. Rolex Watches & Diamond Chains.. Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    That's why he said to US 250Ms is alot but to those UBER rich folks Floyd's money is short.

A dude told me something once that was profound to me: "in every room full of millionaires is a broke person."

Floyd will also likely spend more than those richer than him too. Floyd is young, Floyd is in great shape, dude is about to hit the scene hard. Partying, fucking these hoes, probably dabble in some drugs, while at the same time doing business.

Truth is however, if he keeps buying unnecessarily expensive mansions and multiple luxury vehicles that 250ms could shrink quickly. Not to mention the tax man comes a-knocking yearly, and I'm sure his tax bill is hefty.

I really hope Floyd doesn't turn out like the stereotypical athlete where all his money goes to materials, taxes and alimony/child support.

I understand.. But what you're not understanding from me.. Even if by comparison to the Uber rich he supposedly broke.. In the grand scheme of things he is super rich.. I don't think folks are conceptualizing how much money 250 M is.. That is an excessive amount of paper.. Like seriously...

As far as his spending habits and stuff are concerned.. I'm not too worried about Floyd.. The man is damn near 40 years old.. How much partying etc is he really going to do.. On top of that this whole person Money Mayweather is just that a persona.. I'd be shocked if Floyd ended up Broke.. It's what people want to happen to him but it won't.. You don't get to amass that fortune.. The way he amassed that fortune by being an idiot.. Floyd is gonna be straight.. His kids kids will be straight..
    When the ice hit the light it be going off.. I'm livin' life I aint showin' off.. -Don Q
    Sionaneed123
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPPosts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »

I understand.. But what you're not understanding from me.. Even if by comparison to the Uber rich he supposedly broke.. In the grand scheme of things he is super rich.. I don't think folks are conceptualizing how much money 250 M is.. That is an excessive amount of paper.. Like seriously...

As far as his spending habits and stuff are concerned.. I'm not too worried about Floyd.. The man is damn near 40 years old.. How much partying etc is he really going to do.. On top of that this whole person Money Mayweather is just that a persona.. I'd be shocked if Floyd ended up Broke.. It's what people want to happen to him but it won't.. You don't get to amass that fortune.. The way he amassed that fortune by being an idiot.. Floyd is gonna be straight.. His kids kids will be straight..

Mike Tyson was worth more than Floyd was and kinda of lost it all. I don't want it to happen either but I won't act like its not possible either.
    ui0cXEZO9B942C0C9zdV0mZbrfnJkR8jgEiVo_neMrk.gif?w=320&s=dfba6d9b7859acd7de58df24940fed79
    the-real-rick-ross-ain-t-a-rapper.american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee.white.w760h760.jpg

Sion
    D. Morgan wrote: »

Mike Tyson was worth more than Floyd was and kinda of lost it all. I don't want it to happen either but I won't act like its not possible either.

Agreed.. I just don't think it's likely.. I think Floyd is smart enough to avoid Mike Tyson's fate...
    When the ice hit the light it be going off.. I'm livin' life I aint showin' off.. -Don Q
    Sion
    D. Morgan wrote: »

Agreed.. I just don't think it's likely.. I think Floyd is smart enough to avoid Mike Tyson's fate...

If Floyd promotional company turns out to be even half way decent he should be OK IMO.

Sion
    ^^ Talkin sense..
    Sion
  • I Self Lord & MasterI Self Lord & Master Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    its crazy that spoils of financial success gets limited to trinkets like shoes and cars

ur a goddamn fool if you thinking that bread aint affording them spoils of all sorts imaginable ....that aint even conceivable who limits bread talk to houses and cars...

fuck his sneakers, where gis kids spend their leisure time ? fuck his cars, what kind of food is he eating? who is his private dr?

they spending bread, u jus looking at it from a broke perspective. ..great topic nontheless

"I'M JACK JOHNSON, HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. I'M BLACK...THEY NEVER LET ME FORGET IT. I'M BLACK, ALRIGHT....I'LL NEVER LET THEM FORGET IT"

CapitalBAjackson17Sion2stepz_ahead
    yea but the damn store will repair n maintenance them bland sneakers. ..when them cheap overpriced mikes inevitability yellow n crease u on ur own

but we neglect ourselves by viewing ourselves as erant when we dont size up to whatever example of the day thats the fantasy representation of white people

we have different history than white ppl, which created a different present and will inevitably lead to a different future...knowledge of others is imp to, but we have a VERY unique existence that we neglect when we play these games

"I'M JACK JOHNSON, HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. I'M BLACK...THEY NEVER LET ME FORGET IT. I'M BLACK, ALRIGHT....I'LL NEVER LET THEM FORGET IT"

CapitalBAjackson17Sion
    but timing is everything. ..can make the difference between life and death...heaven and hell...it can be the difference between your bread being frivolously blown or built

i had a few friends who blew insurance payoffs from deaths in the family and the like as teenagers early twenties. ..i KNOW iwoulda done the same lookin back when i said i wouldn't have when it went down

Ajackson17
  • taylornathanieltaylornathaniel Posts: 110 ✭✭
    I am currently working on future investment for the family, however, I am confortable with the life insurance I have. When my wife and I die, our kids will be worth more than 2 million.
    its crazy that spoils of financial success gets limited to trinkets like shoes and cars

ur a goddamn fool if you thinking that bread aint affording them spoils of all sorts imaginable ....that aint even conceivable who limits bread talk to houses and cars...

fuck his sneakers, where gis kids spend their leisure time ? fuck his cars, what kind of food is he eating? who is his private dr?

they spending bread, u jus looking at it from a broke perspective. ..great topic nontheless

i always say because we are culturally different we floss different..
    white people will floss on each other by having dinner parties and shit like that.. who has the best furniture.. who served the best dish.. who has the oldest wine??

even they close..
    jus cause it aint got a Nike Swoosh u think its some off brand shit cause u never been in a Barney's.. damn plain ass shoes cost 500+..

shit.. here i go again..
    jus typin to be typin. lol

had a girl tell me years back how a guest made a slick comment either about the wine they either cooked wit or sipped on

needless to say., they weren't feeling that shit lmao

CapitalBYoung Stef
  • Ajackson17Ajackson17 On the shoulders of Giants and Elders in history UniversePosts: 22,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BOSSExcellence

Smashed it with realism. If you ain't never had it, you'll act like it can never run out, but the older you get the more you want to reserve what you got because you understand the importance of it. But let's not act like our ancestors ain't never floss nothing. These europeans went "mad" when they saw gold, diamonds were all around and ain't even thought of by our ancestors cause were use to having the finer things with 80 degree weather all year long and nice and friendly atmosphere.
    tumblr_mb0d6eD9dS1r7bmo8o1_500.gif

jetlifebihCapitalBR.D.
  • MarcusGarveyMarcusGarvey Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seen dudes who look like they have nothing but will have on a $15k timepiece. All that flossing ain't shit, you'll burn out like Dame, Mc Hammer, and the rest.

Most people that earn their fortune in cash aren't as rich as you think. Calvin Johnson estimated earnings were $130m, if he's got 45mill in cash I'd be impressed.