10 empires that came close to world ?

Options

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    How can a state that was constantly involved in power struggles be an empire? How can a state in which the khanates(since ik you don't know what that is basically refers to them as lords) have more power then the actual head of state be an empire? They were strong yes, they controlled alot of landmass yes, they weren't an empire.

Pick up a book for once and stop the simple Google searches

Let's test your reading skills right now......read the following, your definition of empire is narrow as ? . An empire doesn't need to be under the control of one person, silly rabbit.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/empire

Empire
    definition (among several definitions)

A powerful and important enterprise or holding of large scope that is controlled by a single person, family, or group of associates

--Can you read the part where it lists family or a group of associates? Read that twice if you need to. There is a reason PROFESSIONAL HISTORIANS, something you are not, consider the Mongolian empire a legit one. A group of Khans often had their own rules and power structures, but they usually claimed to be descended from Genghis Khan and claimed to be carrying on his legacy. Note the fact that these Khans often claimed to be carrying on the Genghis Khan legacy/dynasty. Did you forget Genghis Khan's empire was often in the hands of his family and close associates? There's a reason most historians disagree with you.
  • kingblaze84
    edited February 2016
    Options
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pax_Mongolica

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire

In the thirteenth century, Genghis Khan expanded the Mongol Empire to be the largest contiguous empire in the world. However, within two generations, the empire was separated into four discrete khanates under Genghis Khan's grandsons. One of them, Kublai Khan, conquered China and established the Yuan Dynasty with the imperial capital at Beijing. One family ruled the whole Eurasian land mass from the Pacific to the Adriatic and Baltic Seas. The emergence of the Pax Mongolica had significantly eased trade and commerce across Asia.[24][25]

--Some people didn't pay any attention in history class I see. Jackal, it seems you were one of those people. Read up and stop making a fool of yourself.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    How can a state that was constantly involved in power struggles be an empire? How can a state in which the khanates(since ik you don't know what that is basically refers to them as lords) have more power then the actual head of state be an empire? They were strong yes, they controlled alot of landmass yes, they weren't an empire.

Let's test your reading skills right now......read the following, your definition of empire is narrow as ? . An empire doesn't need to be under the control of one person, silly rabbit.

Empire

A powerful and important enterprise or holding of large scope that is controlled by a single person, family, or group of associates

--Can you read the part where it lists family or a group of associates? Read that twice if you need to. There is a reason PROFESSIONAL HISTORIANS, something you are not, consider the Mongolian empire a legit one. A group of Khans often had their own rules and power structures, but they usually claimed to be descended from Genghis Khan and claimed to be carrying on his legacy. Note the fact that these Khans often claimed to be carrying on the Genghis Khan legacy/dynasty. Did you forget Genghis Khan's empire was often in the hands of his family and close associates? There's a reason most historians disagree with you.

LOL you are such a ? hypocrite. The sense that you used empire is a business sense not a nation.
    a group of nations or peoples ruled over by an emperor, empress, or other powerful sovereign or government:

Since you clearly cant read and skipped past it.
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/empire
    a group of countries or regions that are controlled by one ruler or one goverment; especially : a group of countries ruled by an emperor or empress

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/empire
    1An extensive group of states or countries ruled over by a single monarch, an oligarchy, or a sovereign state:
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/empire
    political unit having an extensive territory or comprising a number of territories or nations and ruled by a single supreme authority.

Like I said you are wrong. Stop with the ? and soak up game. After Genghis died and the Khanates pulled the empire into civil war fighting for their own power it stopped being an empire. Or are you going to pull up more misused definitions?
  • kingblaze84
    edited February 2016
    Options

Empire

LOL you are such a ? hypocrite. The sense that you used empire is a business sense not a nation.
    a group of nations or peoples ruled over by an emperor, empress, or other powerful sovereign or government:

Since you clearly cant read and skipped past it.
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/empire
    a group of countries or regions that are controlled by one ruler or one goverment; especially : a group of countries ruled by an emperor or empress

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/empire
    1An extensive group of states or countries ruled over by a single monarch, an oligarchy, or a sovereign state:
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/empire
    political unit having an extensive territory or comprising a number of territories or nations and ruled by a single supreme authority.

Like I said you are wrong. Stop with the ? and soak up game. After Genghis died and the Khanates pulled the empire into civil war fighting for their own power it stopped being an empire. Or are you going to pull up more misused definitions?

Yes the Khanates had their feuds and some civil wars down the line, but the Khanates always claimed to be descended from Genghis Khan and said they were carrying on his legacy. You do realize his sons and grandchildren, among other relatives, held the mantles of the empire after his death right? Even if there was some division in the years after Genghis died, his associates and family still had a ton of land and many paid tribute to them. The history books will continue to disagree with you, and you will have to live with that. Look at what Portland State University said about the fall of the Mongolian Empire.....again, Portland State University

http://quatr.us/centralasia/history/kublaikhan.htm

In 1328 AD, some people in China got sick with the bubonic plague. By 1347, the plague spread through the Mongol Empire, carried by traders and travelers and soldiers. The plague spread all through China, and all across Central Asia and West Asia, and then all across North Africa and Europe. Millions of people died. The Mongol Empire, already weakened by civil war, collapsed.

Historian facts>>>>>yours.

• kingblaze84
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The Roman Empire many times had conflicts in which an emperor was in conflict with another person who claimed to be an emperor, and the Roman Empire many times had ruling divisions as well. Doesn't mean they stopped being an empire.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? uses words to mean whatever the ? he wants them to mean. Totally disregarding their actual meaning
  • zzombie
    Options
    Thinking skills are very important

After the death of the second great Khan there was no mongol empire there were empires controlled by different sets of mongols.

So to say that there was a "mongol empire" in the strictest sense is wrong because there was no one central authority. There existed mongol governments but not A mongol government
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They are right bruh and the video says those who came close to world ? . They weren't in control and if they kept pushing further they would have fallen faster cause they were spread way too thin. They were barely an empire at best and crumbled into sovereign nations that did help and work together on occasions, but they didn't have to listen to each other.
  • The_Jackal
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You're just ignorant. The definition is solid. If there is no central power there is no empire. Like I just said his children had no central authority. The khanates did as they please. You can try and change the word as much as you want it doesn't change the fact no central power no empire.

I doubt you even know Roman history but there was always a single emperor or senate who held complete control over the empire regardless if his throne was contested. Even during the crisis of the third centery. Even after Nero death. Even before Constantine united the empire. ? even after its fall and the byzantine empire picked up the pieces. With the byzantine arguably the continuation of Rome.

Like I said keep posting articles that don't prove your point. There was no single head that was in control of all the khanates. That's a FACT. If there is no single head and each khanates held their own territory and installed their own ruled within those land then it shows they ARE NOT UNITED. If they are not united then it isn't an empire.
    This is literally the same argument fir the Holy Roman empire being an Empire. It wasn't one and after genhis death this wasn't one.

@zzombie it's crazy how a man can twist words to fit whatever wrong view he has.
  • The_Jackal
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Stop pulling up ? online and post any evidence that the khans were united in anyway. Like I said I actually study this that's how I know you don't know what the ? you talking bout. You sure you not a Christian? Because you definitely just believe anything that you find on the Internet.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Sometimes you need to check your ego at the door when it comes to scholarship. He is completely right when the article tells you there was no central government system or one person in power. If all the heads fighting over for control then no one is ruling ? .
  • The_Jackal
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    They are right bruh and the video says those who came close to world ? . They weren't in control and if they kept pushing further they would have fallen faster cause they were spread way too thin. They were barely an empire at best and crumbled into sovereign nations that did help and work together on occasions, but they didn't have to listen to each other.

I always wondered how far British could have gone if they keep America. I always assume that atleast for us black k Americans things would have been a little better since they outlaw slavery at the start of 1800s and we're actively shutting down slave traders
  • kingblaze84
    edited February 2016
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

After the death of the second great Khan there was no mongol empire there were empires controlled by different sets of mongols.

So to say that there was a "mongol empire" in the strictest sense is wrong because there was no one central authority. There existed mongol governments but not A mongol government

Kublai Khan consolidated most of the empire in 1264, defeating his relatives and other rivals. I have no problem admitting after Kublai Khan's death, the empire more or less fell apart.

https://www.quora.com/What-happened-to-the-Mongol-Empire-after-Genghis-Khan

With the death of Mongke, civil war ensued among his sons and nephews. Kublai Khan, son of Mongke, came out victorious and gained ? over the Mongol empire in 1264. He consolidated his empire in eastern china and tried invading south east Asia but was not very successful in it. Russia was annexed and there were gains in the middle east.

Kublai died in 1294. With his death the Mongol empire disintegrated into four states and started to decline.
  • kingblaze84
    edited February 2016
    Options

Kublai Khan consolidated most of the empire in 1264, not sure if you knew that. He died in 1294.
  • The_Jackal
    Options
    So all that only to admit you were wrong. But I'm the Internet amateur smh
  • zzombie
    edited February 2016
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

Kublai Khan consolidated the empire in 1264, defeating his relatives and other rivals. I have no problem admitting after Kublai Khan's death, the empire more or less fell apart.

https://www.quora.com/What-happened-to-the-Mongol-Empire-after-Genghis-Khan

With the death of Mongke, civil war ensued among his sons and nephews. Kublai Khan, son of Mongke, came out victorious and gained ? over the Mongol empire in 1264. He consolidated his empire in eastern china and tried invading south east Asia but was not very successful in it. Russia was annexed and there were gains in the middle east.

Kublai died in 1294. With his death the Mongol empire disintegrated into four states and started to decline.

Kublai khan only ruled in asia and had very little influence with the golden horde and the IIkhanate with the latter he had some influence but no real direct rule especially after his brother died. With the former he had direct war so there was no consolidation of the mongol empire
  • kingblaze84
    Options

How am I wrong? Historians still consider the Mongolian Empire, an empire lol....Kublai Khan consolidated most of the empire under one rule, and even though various Khans still had feuds, MOST of the empire was under control of one man under his rule. I said from the beginning the Mongolian Empire was a legit one, while you were saying all sorts of gibberish before that historians would laugh at.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kublai_Khan

In 1271, Kublai established the Yuan dynasty, which ruled over present-day Mongolia, China, Korea, and some adjacent areas, and assumed the role of Emperor of China. By 1279, the Yuan forces had overcome the last resistance of the Southern Song dynasty, and Kublai became the first non-native Emperor to conquer all of China.
  • The_Jackal
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Lol your just willful stupid and any historian who agrees is a pretentious idiot I just complete broke down why it's not and you just literally agreed it collapse. Pick up a book for once and stop being a follower. But don't worry I'll get the masters soon so in your devoted state of listening to everything your told you'll be forced to agree.

I also dont understand how everyone else understood exactly what I said but to you only its gibberish.
  • The_Jackal
    Options
    It's funny especially since you don't know what you are talking about and rely on Google for wrong information by unknown sources while I read academic bools by revered scholars
  • zzombie
    Options

How am I wrong? Historians still consider the Mongolian Empire, an empire lol....Kublai Khan consolidated most of the empire under one rule, and even though various Khans still had feuds, MOST of the empire was under control of one man under his rule. I said from the beginning the Mongolian Empire was a legit one, while you were saying all sorts of gibberish before that historians would laugh at.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kublai_Khan

In 1271, Kublai established the Yuan dynasty, which ruled over present-day Mongolia, China, Korea, and some adjacent areas, and assumed the role of Emperor of China. By 1279, the Yuan forces had overcome the last resistance of the Southern Song dynasty, and Kublai became the first non-native Emperor to conquer all of China.

This only proves that the mongols under kublai were the rulers of asia not that there was consolidation of the mongol empire.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    You forgotten they had control of a huge chunk of western asia, Russia and other slavic nations. They were ? vast, but Kublai Khan had control of only Eastern Asia.
  • kingblaze84
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Lol your just willful stupid and any historian who agrees is a pretentious idiot I just complete broke down why it's not and you just literally agreed it collapse. Pick up a book for once and stop being a follower. But don't worry I'll get the masters soon so in your devoted state of listening to everything your told you'll be forced to agree.

I also dont understand how everyone else understood exactly what I said but to you only its gibberish.

http://www.amazon.com/Rise-Second-Largest-Empire-History/dp/1592333982/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1454977150&sr=8-2&keywords=mongolian+empire

The Rise and Fall of the Second Largest Empire in History: How Genghis Khan's Mongols Almost Conquered the World

--Read the book and learn why historians after many centuries still consider the Mongolian Empire, an empire. You have a lot of learning to do my son.
  • The_Jackal
    Options

http://www.amazon.com/Rise-Second-Largest-Empire-History/dp/1592333982/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1454977150&sr=8-2&keywords=mongolian+empire

The Rise and Fall of the Second Largest Empire in History: How Genghis Khan's Mongols Almost Conquered the World

--Read the book and learn why historians after many centuries still consider the Mongolian Empire, an empire. You have a lot of learning to do my son.

You haven't read that book. You don't know the definition of an empire. You are a psudeo intellectuals. You just said the empire collapse and now going back on what you said. Educate yourself before you speak nonsense again
  • The_Jackal
    Options
    It's honestly pathetic how you backtracked on admitting you are wrong and now quoting a book you have no knowledge of haven't even read a page of to win a arguement. You don't even know if it's a reliable source or not. I actually talk to the people who study history and are at the forefront. Your a phony intellectual who best friend is Google lol.
  • kingblaze84
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You forgotten they had control of a huge chunk of western asia, Russia and other slavic nations. They were ? vast, but Kublai Khan had control of only Eastern Asia.

It's not called the Kublai Khan empire or even the Genghis Khan empire, notice historians refer to it as the MONGOLIAN EMPIRE. The empire was founded by Genghis, and continued on through his sons and ancestors. Yes Kublai didn't have TOTAL control of the empire, but Genghis Khan's relatives and associates controlled the parts you mentioned.

The Khans had their feuds, but they all claimed to be doing the will of Genghis Khan. This is why historians from Asia to the Americas call the Mongolian Empire, an empire. Colleges and historians around the world would laugh at all the amateur talk going on around here.