Options
124»

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    I doubt Marco will make up for lost ground.
    I GUESS WE'LL SEE
    Trump slipped answering the KKK and David Duke question, but since he disavowed their support, I expect him to cruise to victory in most, if not all the states tmw.
    i don't think the kind of people who object to Trump's KKK answer are going to be swayed by his disavowal.
    If Hillary doesn't attack Trump properly, they're gonna have the White House too.
    i think that's going to be more about voter turnout.

Did you see how badly Rubio got blown out? He's 1-13 now lol......Cruz has the only shot of stopping Trump now, and even that is not realistic. Trump has this in the bag now.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Did you see how badly Rubio got blown out? He's 1-13 now lol......Cruz has the only shot of stopping Trump now, and even that is not realistic. Trump has this in the bag now.
    well, we're talking delegates not primary wins in this scenario, which is still bad for Rubio:
    Donald Trump’s Super Tuesday delegate haul was no blowout. He won 254 delegates, Ted Cruz won 217, and Marco Rubio took in 97.
    ...but not in the bag for Trump:
    Trump’s Super Tuesday performance was impressive, and no GOP candidate can claim he has nearly as plausible a path to 1,237 delegates as Trump. However, Super Tuesday’s results suggest a strategic shift: The effort to stop Trump may no longer call for consolidation around one alternative; it’s now a multifront war led by multiple candidates and disparate factions of the party with the singular aim of preventing Trump from winning 1,237 delegates.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    well, we're talking delegates not primary wins in this scenario, which is still bad for Rubio:
    Donald Trump’s Super Tuesday delegate haul was no blowout. He won 254 delegates, Ted Cruz won 217, and Marco Rubio took in 97.
    ...but not in the bag for Trump:
    Trump’s Super Tuesday performance was impressive, and no GOP candidate can claim he has nearly as plausible a path to 1,237 delegates as Trump. However, Super Tuesday’s results suggest a strategic shift: The effort to stop Trump may no longer call for consolidation around one alternative; it’s now a multifront war led by multiple candidates and disparate factions of the party with the singular aim of preventing Trump from winning 1,237 delegates.

Well there's still more states left, and based on polls, March 15th is gonna be another big night for Trump. Cruz has a tiny shot but I don't see how the Republican delegates can just defy the will of their own base, especially at convention time. If they choose Cruz for whatever reason, despite Trump clobbering everyone with overall delegates, then many Republicans will stay home. I think most of the losers of the campaign will eventually unite around Trump anyway.

One way or the other, Rubio is totally finished. He should have done better, especially after his decent performance in the last debate.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Cruz has a tiny shot ... One way or the other, Rubio is totally finished.
    to be entirely fair, while this is probably how you'd rank the probabilities now, Rubio isn't FINISHED and Cruz has a legit shot. i don't know that a brokered convention is going to happen (or be good) but it's definitely looking... dramatic.