THE FACE OF JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHRISTIANS, LETS TALK ABOUT IT

PILL_COSBY
PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
We've all seen it. On crosses, windows, bumper stickers, facebook pages, twitter headings, movies, on/in bibles, in churches, on pamphlets, t.v, etc etc. It's everywhere!!!!!!!! I just turned 32 years old and this is the only image that I always see when it comes to the great jesus.
jesus2.jpg
jesus-christ-lamb-of-god1.jpg
image066.jpg

This image of jesus has been "the face of jesus" for a very very very long time now. Now if you've all read your bibles, then you would know that this image doesn't fit the description of jesus at all. It's been said that it's just a painting of a 500 year old Italian man named Cesare Borgia.
CSARBORGIA.jpg

Now if you know your history, or played the video game "assassins creed brotherhood". You would know that he was a powerful cruel, vile, murderous, evil man. With all of this known information, why do Christians continue to promote this false picture of jesus? Isn't this blasphemy of our lord and savior? Why hasn't this blasphemy been removed from Christianity for all these years?

I NEED ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've all seen it. On crosses, windows, bumper stickers, facebook pages, twitter headings, movies, on/in bibles, in churches, on pamphlets, t.v, etc etc. It's everywhere!!!!!!!! I just turned 32 years old and this is the only image that I always see when it comes to the great jesus.
    jesus2.jpg
    jesus-christ-lamb-of-god1.jpg
    image066.jpg

This image of jesus has been "the face of jesus" for a very very very long time now. Now if you've all read your bibles, then you would know that this image doesn't fit the description of jesus at all. It's been said that it's just a painting of a 500 year old Italian man named Cesare Borgia.
    CSARBORGIA.jpg

Now if you know your history, or played the video game "assassins creed brotherhood". You would know that he was a powerful cruel, vile, murderous, evil man. With all of this known information, why do Christians continue to promote this false picture of jesus? Isn't this blasphemy of our lord and savior? Why hasn't this blasphemy been removed from Christianity for all these years?

I NEED ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If that was the only mental and physical picture you and the people in your family had of jesus then you come from a intellectually poor background.

And the removal of cesare borgia as a depiction of christ happened hundreds of years ago.... you know you might of heard of a time period called the protestant reformation.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @zzombie ? can even argue it was earlier then that with the great schism. Most orthodox don't even believe in having a printed image of Jesus
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody knows what Jesus looks like.
    Nobody knows for certain whether or not he even existed historically.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to speculate and say that most Christians aren't aware of who that image is, just as they are not aware of when Christianity appeared in their family...they were just raised by their parents that way, and assume it was passed down from their parents parents, but as blacks in America it is very important that we question and investigate when and where certain things have come into existence in our families due to colonialization, not saying Christianity wasn't around before colonialization, how ever, just like the ashkenazi jews are imposters, we know their are some Christian imposters and need to find the truth before we take part in it
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    beleiving in yourself and karma is enough the rest is not important at all cause the story of jesus is incoherent as ? when you really think about it...To me the jesus story is just a metaphor for sayin this world is evil and if you go against the establishment preaching a positive message you will get crucified !! They also sayin that we should stay put and forgive and no need to fight against evil cause he did it for us so we just should wait for him to come back lol but comeback for what ?? he did not change ? the first time ,? is still ? up as ever and they also say we should believe without proof but why did he have to do all those miracles for his disciples to believe in him ??? they had it easy !!! lol you actually praising the Sun when you praise jesus

all of this is my opinion of course cause I learned that basically we dont know ? !
  • PILL_COSBY
    Brother @zzombie

In what reality or planet you live on where that picture of jesus has been removed? It's still everywhere lol. Over the years it has been changed slightly but it's still is in his likeness. You can clearly see it. There's like 3 different versions that have been floating around for years. The dark and brown haired ones that's closer to him. Then the blond haired blue eyed one that's still based off his likeness.

None of the three fits the description in the bible at all. So again, why do you christians allow your messiah to be falsely promoted? I mean muslims don't allow this ? ? at all. They will shut this ? down by any means necessary!!! They got that episode of south park shut down that had mohamed. But jesus was met with weak criticism from christians and the image of jesus is still running on the show. That's just one SMALL example of many.
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    @zzombie ? can even argue it was earlier then that with the great schism. Most orthodox don't even believe in having a printed image of Jesus
    OK that's nice, but the pics I posted are still going very strong to this very day. Jesus is connected to the pics I posted. That's "the face of jesus". MOST christians around the world have this image of jesus.

I mean damn, just type in jesus on google images and cesare borgia jesus pops up.
    153nyx5.jpg
    So again, why is this blasphemy still going strong?
    I'm going to speculate and say that most Christians aren't aware of who that image is, just as they are not aware of when Christianity appeared in their family...they were just raised by their parents that way, and assume it was passed down from their parents parents, but as blacks in America it is very important that we question and investigate when and where certain things have come into existence in our families due to colonialization, not saying Christianity wasn't around before colonialization, how ever, just like the ashkenazi jews are imposters, we know their are some Christian imposters and need to find the truth before we take part in it
    This is very true! What do you think went down in the past that made most christians around the world(even in Italy, smh) to not notice this blasphemy for soooo many years? But then again, this image is clearly not synonymous with the bibles description of jesus. But it's still the most popular face recognized as the face of jesus among most christians around the world. It's also hilarious that a pic of a prophet was even made. Haven't been to church in forever. But I could have sworn that I read in the bible that this is forbidden lol.

On another note:

It's already disturbing as hell to see so many black folks willingly practicing a religion that was mostly forced upon(and further used to subjugate) our ancestors by "outsiders". It's just flat out sickening to see black folks bowing down and worshiping the image of a white man smh.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bodhi wrote: »

Jesus did not exist. The Bible is a story of parables and allegory.
  • zzombie
    Brother @zzombie

In what reality or planet you live on where that picture of jesus has been removed? It's still everywhere lol. Over the years it has been changed slightly but it's still is in his likeness. You can clearly see it. There's like 3 different versions that have been floating around for years. The dark and brown haired ones that's closer to him. Then the blond haired blue eyed one that's still based off his likeness.

None of the three fits the description in the bible at all. So again, why do you christians allow your messiah to be falsely promoted? I mean muslims don't allow this ? ? at all. They will shut this ? down by any means necessary!!! They got that episode of south park shut down that had mohamed. But jesus was met with weak criticism from christians and the image of jesus is still running on the show. That's just one SMALL example of many.
    OK that's nice, but the pics I posted are still going very strong to this very day. Jesus is connected to the pics I posted. That's "the face of jesus". MOST christians around the world have this image of jesus.

I mean damn, just type in jesus on google images and cesare borgia jesus pops up.
    153nyx5.jpg
    So again, why is this blasphemy still going strong?
    This is very true! What do you think went down in the past that made most christians around the world(even in Italy, smh) to not notice this blasphemy for soooo many years? But then again, this image is clearly not synonymous with the bibles description of jesus. But it's still the most popular face recognized as the face of jesus among most christians around the world. It's also hilarious that a pic of a prophet was even made. Haven't been to church in forever. But I could have sworn that I read in the bible that this is forbidden lol.

On another note:

It's already disturbing as hell to see so many black folks willingly practicing a religion that was mostly forced upon(and further used to subjugate) our ancestors by "outsiders". It's just flat out sickening to see black folks bowing down and worshiping the image of a white man smh.

The actual picture still exists as an artist expression each church or individual is free to depict Jesus in anyway they want. We are not Muslims who go ape ? every time someone draws a religious image they don't agree with. Christians have learned not to fight each over art

but the belief that this is what Jesus actually looks like has been gone from mainstream Christianity for a long time now.
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited February 2016

Not only this, but christianity and a bunch of other religions are just twisted and tweaked versions of various ancient african & native american stories/religions(mostly ancient egyption). I mean the evidence is as clear as day but it's not talked about in the mainstream. Wonder why.......... ..... ... .. ..?
    WHITE%20WASH%20JESUS.jpg
    FANKS.JPG
    mhYkICK.jpg
    5602666518_2c718b90c5_z.jpg
    There's a lot more evidence than this lol. But nobody(especially black folks) wont even bother looking into it. I do also find it funny how all these great people mysteriously vanish! Along with all traces of anything relating to them. Absolutely no real clear proven evidence of anything. But these same people will laugh at/question/dismiss things like multiple alien sightings/visitations(all through out time) and ask for "proof". I mean there's real evidence of all ancient historical figures(good or bad) floating around. But not the biggest so called historical figures hmmmmmm...........

• The_Jackal
    If orthodox makes up 300 million Protestant estimated to be 300 to 350 million and Catholic being 450 million then how do the majority think that's the face of Jesus. What I think is most likely in your little circle you assume that and generalize it to the majority.

Especially since most Protestant churches adhere to their own rules.
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited February 2016
    zzombie wrote: »

The actual picture still exists as an artist expression each church or individual is free to depict Jesus in anyway they want. We are not Muslims who go ape ? every time someone draws a religious image they don't agree with. Christians have learned not to fight each over art
    The second commandment(one of the many variations) says:
    “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath,[/b] or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your ? , am a jealous ? , visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

but the belief that this is what Jesus actually looks like has been gone from mainstream Christianity for a long time now.
    LOL bruh, walk in any church, look at the image on pretty much any bible, Google jesus, look at movies/documentary's/reenactments about jesus. The same false image I posted is portrayed. Are you just trolling or you just don't want to accept reality? If this false image has been done away with, then how come it's still all over the place? I'm talking straight facts and reality here, come join me.
  • zzombie

The second commandment(one of the many variations) says:
    “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath,[/b] or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your ? , am a jealous ? , visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

LOL bruh, walk in any church, look at the image on pretty much any bible, Google jesus, look at movies/documentary's/reenactments about jesus. The same false image I posted is portrayed. Are you just trolling or you just don't want to accept reality? If this false image has been done away with, then how come it's still all over the place? I'm talking straight facts and reality here, come join me.

Yeah see the thing is tho Jesus walked on earth so making a drawing of what you think he looked like is not seen as a violation of the second commandment. There are literally whole denominations that reject any pictures of Christ.

in any case Most Christians believe the prohibition is against worshiping created images not simply creating these images
  • zzombie
    edited February 2016
    The belief that Christ was a blonde blue eyed anglosaxon has been Done away with no modern mainstream Christian denomination believes that is what he looked like.

But the artistic depiction continues because everyone has the right to draw Christ anyway they want too because it's their personal expression and cultural expression from the past.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016

Jesus did not exist.

You don't know that for certain.
    There may have been a historical Yeshua
    Underneath all the religious claims
    And deification.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Yeshua did exist. Olive colored people were persecuted on crosses. Out those 2 together and you'll know the true ethnicity of Him if that matters.

Just google it. Blacks have been persecuted since the beginning of time since Jacob grabbed Esau's heel and stole his blessings.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Slavemasters gawd that a white man gave you so you can get on your knees snd worship a white man. ? this ? .
  • The_Jackal
    Slavemasters gawd that a white man gave you so you can get on your knees snd worship a white man. ? this ? .

You sound generally uneducated as ? especially since Christianity was in Africa long before the slave trade and there is no possible way that Jesus was white.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jesus did not exist.

You don't know that for certain.
    There may have been a historical Yeshua
    Underneath all the religious claims
    And deification.

Lol uh ok. What does that even mean? A mascot who inspired the story of a savior? A man named Yeshua?

The Bible, which is heavily tampered with, is only a book of parables and allegory, that other ? isn't important. No one cares if the characters in the book are fictional or not, if the story gets the message across.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭

You sound generally uneducated as ? especially since Christianity was in Africa long before the slave trade and there is no possible way that Jesus was white.

I know in east Africa Abyssinia was Ethiopian, but I don't think it had anything to do with West and Central Africans.

Also, North Africa but Islam was far more prominent in later periods.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited February 2016

The 12 tribes or Israel, what Tribe are you? in Levi? Please tell me more @The_Jackal, is it Jesus Christ or Horus? Educate me.
  • The_Jackal
    edited February 2016

The 12 tribes or Israel, what Tribe are you? in Levi? Please tell me more @The_Jackal, is it Jesus Christ or Horus? Educate me.

I'm not even arguing 12 tribes nor do I care about such things. Historically speaking christianity has been in Africa for a long time.

The cherry on the cake so to speak is your assumption that Jesus is based off Horus (Which of course I am assuming you are implying ) which just shows your lack of knowledge regarding Jesus and Egyptian mythology and your willingness to parrot anything you hear without actually fact checking.
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

I know in east Africa Abyssinia was Ethiopian, but I don't think it had anything to do with West and Central Africans.

I'm not claiming it was spread far throughout Africa just that it was there
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not even arguing 12 tribes nor do I care about such thibgs. Historically speaking christianity has been in Africa for a long time.

The cherry on the cake so to speak is your assumption that Jesus is based off Horus (Which over course I am assuming you are implying ) which just shows your lack of knowledge regarding Jesus and Egyptian mythology and your willingness to parrot anything you hear without actually fact checking.
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

I'm not claiming it was spread far throughout Africa just that it was there

Oh, okay. I was asking cause maybe I was ignorant on something and tried to do a lot of research to see.
  • The_Jackal
    Nah your pretty correct. Alot of diversity as far as religion, and culture in North Africa because how close it is to Europe. South Africa and Central starts to experience I guess you can say more "visitors" when imperialism and colonization kick in.