THE FACE OF JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHRISTIANS, LETS TALK ABOUT IT

Options

Comments

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    Nah your pretty correct. Alot of diversity as far as religion, and culture in North Africa because how close it is to Europe. South Africa and Central starts to experience I guess you can say more "visitors" when imperialism and colonization kick in.

Studying Ethiopia history of Christianity it's pretty interesting since they are the only country to have adopted it with their own accord and had a strong presence in the overall global community as far as Christianity. They supported Arius.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Slavemasters gawd that a white man gave you so you can get on your knees snd worship a white man. ? this ? .

You sound generally uneducated as ? especially since Christianity was in Africa long before the slave trade and there is no possible way that Jesus was white.

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

“Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Slavemasters gawd that a white man gave you so you can get on your knees snd worship a white man. ? this ? .

You sound generally uneducated as ? especially since Christianity was in Africa long before the slave trade and there is no possible way that Jesus was white.

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

“Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

Did I judge him? No I said he sounded uneducated not that he was. Reading comprehension is very important.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bodhi wrote: »
    Nobody knows what Jesus looks like.
    Nobody knows for certain whether or not he even existed historically.

Jesus did not exist.

You don't know that for certain.
    There may have been a historical Yeshua
    Underneath all the religious claims
    And deification.

Lol uh ok. What does that even mean? A mascot who inspired the story of a savior? A man named Yeshua?

The Bible, which is heavily tampered with, is only a book of parables and allegory, that other ? isn't important. No one cares if the characters in the book are fictional or not, if the story gets the message across.

It means what I said.
    It may not be important to you, but that doesn't
    Change the possibility that some of these characters may
    Have been based on real people.
    Anything else you're talking about has nothing
    To do with what I said.
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited February 2016
    Options

Did I judge him? No I said he sounded uneducated not that he was. Reading comprehension is very important.

The classic christian response when they get caught sinning. Saying he sounded uneducated because he said the white man brought that religion on us is judging. You're judging his intelligence. Also, you do know crackas been ? up africa long before the slave trade right? I think they ? up east africa first and then went to other parts. They were also taking african slaves long before they decided to start doing it in bulk. LOL at you trying to be slick by saying "christianity was already in africa" before the "slave trade". When they were there waaaay before that. Along with arabs destroying and taking over ? .

Yes my friend, reading comprehension is very important. ? bless you.
    Nobody knows what Jesus looks like.
    Nobody knows for certain whether or not he even existed historically.

Jesus did not exist.

You don't know that for certain.
    There may have been a historical Yeshua
    Underneath all the religious claims
    And deification.

Lol uh ok. What does that even mean? A mascot who inspired the story of a savior? A man named Yeshua?

The Bible, which is heavily tampered with, is only a book of parables and allegory, that other ? isn't important. No one cares if the characters in the book are fictional or not, if the story gets the message across.

It means what I said.
    It may not be important to you, but that doesn't
    Change the possibility that some of these characters may
    Have been based on real people.

Anything else you're talking about has nothing
    To do with what I said.
    If they did exists, I strongly believe that was the case. They were no different from the pope and people high up in the church today. Except for back then people imaginations were running wild, especially in that area of the world. Proof of this comes from all the lies that were made up and passed through history about a lot of important figures. Just to trump up their legend.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iont believe it, the white guy in the pic must be jesus
  • The_Jackal
    Options
    Lol its almost embarrassing how much you have a hard on for me. Good job putting your own assumption on what I said. That doesn't even make sense of whites being in East Africa first when we have documented history of North Africa being the starting point. And none of that negates that Christianity been in Africa every heard of a country called Ethiopia? I guess not
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    East Africa caught the white man's attention first (Greeks) looking to learn from Kemet
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    Lol its almost embarrassing how much you have a hard on for me. Good job putting your own assumption on what I said. That doesn't even make sense of whites being in East Africa first when we have documented history of North Africa being the starting point. And none of that negates that Christianity been in Africa every heard of a country called Ethiopia? I guess not
    pause.jpg

lol using your logic, islam has "been there" too........

East Africa caught the white man's attention first (Greeks) looking to learn from Kemet

All real ? know this, tell the jakal. Because when it comes to black history he seems to lack a lot of knowledge. Seems like he does a lot of googling. He usually leans towards the white mans sugar coated version of history. He doesn't know the story of ethiopia or how and when white folks came with their christianity. He probably thinks Islam was always there in parts of east and north africa as well. Wait a minute......it's not christianity so he's not gonna make any excuse for it. He's gonna go with what really happened. Ethiopia is in ? shambles, just like Egypt and Somalia. ? is starving and their land is full of invaders, invader customs, and invaders religion from hundreds of years ago.

I notice whenever you bring up jihad, muslims react the same way. Brainwashed muslim ? will tell you that arabs never forced their religion on anybody lol.

You see how they keep fronting like the pics of jesus I posted still aren't everywhere you look? These ? can't be living on the same planet as the rest of us. They just had a series on t.v called "finding jesus" or some ? like that. It got all kinds of high ratings. jesus was being played by a white man like usual. I bet most of the people who gave it a high rating were christians.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Christianity in Ethiopia was not started by white people. The Greeks and Romans never ruled Ethiopia.

Ethiopia is poor but it's not because of any religion. What does those pictures being around mean other than a lot of people hang them up???? What does the tv depictions of Jesus have to do with what is actually taught current by Christian theology???? And what is in the bible.

@BARON_$AMEDI please for once can you make a coherent argument that's not based on assumptions or flat out wrong information.

I really don't get the point of this thread . what about all the hundreds of depictions of dark skin biblical figures that can be found in churches all over the world including Ethiopia.
  • The_Jackal
    Options
    pause.jpg

lol using your logic, islam has "been there" too........

All real ? know this, tell the jakal. Because when it comes to black history he seems to lack a lot of knowledge. Seems like he does a lot of googling. He usually leans towards the white mans sugar coated version of history. He doesn't know the story of ethiopia or how and when white folks came with their christianity. He probably thinks Islam was always there in parts of east and north africa as well. Wait a minute......it's not christianity so he's not gonna make any excuse for it. He's gonna go with what really happened. Ethiopia is in ? shambles, just like Egypt and Somalia. ? is starving and their land is full of invaders, invader customs, and invaders religion from hundreds of years ago.

I notice whenever you bring up jihad, muslims react the same way. Brainwashed muslim ? will tell you that arabs never forced their religion on anybody lol.

You see how they keep fronting like the pics of jesus I posted still aren't everywhere you look? These ? can't be living on the same planet as the rest of us. They just had a series on t.v called "finding jesus" or some ? like that. It got all kinds of high ratings. jesus was being played by a white man like usual. I bet most of the people who gave it a high rating were christians.

But I acknowledgedon't Islam was there when talking with @Ajackson17

You serious? There wasn't a main focus in Africa until the Eomans. Yes other countries might have noticed it but never made any major moves.

And lol so a ? whos goes out of his way in every thread to comment on what I say isn't ? but me calling the ? out is. You're a sorry person who continously gets ether on a hip hop board.
  • The_Jackal
    Options
    Quote one excuse that I personally have made for christianity. I'll wait.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Ethiopia is the only nation that was never forced or coerced into a religion when dealing with the continent of Africa. So that is taken out of the cage, they are the true christians, they ? with Arius.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Before the Romans, the Greeks came to Kemet in an attempt to learn and later conquer. As did many other places and groups.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Before the Romans, the Greeks came to Kemet in an attempt to learn and later conquer. As did many other places and groups.

Before Egypt was conquered by Persia we were letting Greeks in to learn.
  • The_Jackal
    Options

The greeks fully conquered Egypt? How when greek mercenaries fought for Egypt area. Yes I admit that there were visitations and Greek did establish cities in Egypt but there was no widespread conquest or subjugation until Alexander time and Macedonia aren't white and Alexander himself isn't depicted as white. And after his death Egypt was considered independent
  • zzombie
    Options

The greeks fully conquered Egypt? How when greek mercenaries fought for Egypt area. Yes I admit that there were visitations and Greek did establish cities in Egypt but there was no widespread conquest or subjugation until Alexander time and Macedonia aren't white and Alexander himself isn't depicted as white. And after his death Egypt was considered independent [/quote]

Explain
  • The_Jackal
    edited February 2016
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

The greeks fully conquered Egypt? How when greek mercenaries fought for Egypt area. Yes I admit that there were visitations and Greek did establish cities in Egypt but there was no widespread conquest or subjugation until Alexander time and Macedonia aren't white and Alexander himself isn't depicted as white. And after his death Egypt was considered independent [/quote]

Explain

Alexander_the_Great_mosaic.jpg
    upload an image

Does that honestly look like a White man to you?

And the fact that all of what was considered Macedonia was completly dominated by Darius the Great a Persian with alot of interracial relationships being encourged. Almost as bad as saying sicilians are white when Moors completly conquered Italy
  • zzombie
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @The_Jackal

Yes he looks white, just because Macedonia AND Greece were influenced by the Persians for a while does not mean Alexander was not white or that he was mixed to any significant degree. To begin with the ancient Persians themselves were most likely white seeing as how they descend from indo-europeans who lived in central asia and eastern europe

Europeans completely conquered Africa that does not mean all the Africans were white
  • The_Jackal
    Options
    @The_Jackal

Yes he looks white, just because Macedonia AND Greece were influenced by the Persians for a while does not mean Alexander was not white or that he was mixed to any significant degree. To begin with the ancient Persians themselves were most likely white seeing as how they descend from indo-europeans who lived in central asia and eastern europe

Europeans completely conquered Africa that does not mean all the Africans were white

I guess it's just a difference in opinion he looks ambiguous to me honestly.

As far as Persians being descended from Indo-European it's theorized that they were descended from the Arran Tribe but at the same time that ? was used as a specific location Āryāvarta and it's only until later that it was used to represent an Ethnic group.

And I'm not debating Europeans gaining control of Africa just exactly when but if everyone wants to classify Alexander as white I'll concede that point
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    White, Black, Yellow, Red and etc has no place in ancient ethnic groups. We need to quit using very outdated and very unscientific terms when we are qualifying ancient people. These are political/social terms only.
  • zzombie
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    White, Black, Yellow, Red and etc has no place in ancient ethnic groups. We need to quit using very outdated and very unscientific terms when we are qualifying ancient people. These are political/social terms only.

No we don't we just have to tell the truth there is no need to ignore racial classification if anything science tries to classify and categorize more and more of the world and it's history not less
  • Ajackson17
    Options

No we don't we just have to tell the truth there is no need to ignore racial classification if anything science tries to classify and categorize more and more of the world and it's history not less

Well, I'm ignoring it because it's ridiculous on classifying people as such when humans are more complex than this. White doesn't describe Greeks and in their white supremacist doctrine the Greeks would be seen as other.
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    What does those pictures being around mean other than a lot of people hang them up???? What does the tv depictions of Jesus have to do with what is actually taught current by Christian theology???? And what is in the bible.

@BARON_$AMEDI please for once can you make a coherent argument that's not based on assumptions or flat out wrong information.
    LOL did you not read my first post? The bold in your own post explains it all. My ? you are not a child and I don't think I need to explain this ? to you like you are one. Why can you see "coherent arguments" whenever I'm speaking on ? ? in Islam, but not christianity? What is not "coherent" about me pointing out this blatant blasphemy of jesus being very popular all over the world. Why isn't the actual description of jesus in the bible super popular like the false one?
    I really don't get the point of this thread . what about all the hundreds of depictions of dark skin biblical figures that can be found in churches all over the world including Ethiopia.
    Yeah..........what about them? That's a good ? question, kinda like another way of asking the same question that I just asked. What about all the obvious statues and paintings of ? in egypt? But yet and still, ? like this keeps happening.
    Gods_of_Egypt_poster.jpg

Quit playing dumb my ? !

Christianity in Ethiopia was not started by white people. The Greeks and Romans never ruled Ethiopia.

Ethiopia is poor but it's not because of any religion.
    So where did christianity come from? It sure as hell didn't come from black folks or africa. THAT AINT OUR ? ! Talk to some ethiopians who's family never drank the kool-aid of outsiders.They will tell you the true story about christianity and Islam. So will none brainwashed black egyptions(yes, they're still there), somali's, and ? in etruria. Y'all gone seriously sit there with a straight face and believe that we stopped doing what we was doing since forever because some cracka showed up telling stories? Christianity is notorious for covering up, erasing, sugar coating, and rewriting their atrocities all throughout history. So is islam, but not as bad as christianity(and all forms of it). As an "AWAKE" black man who's ancestors were dumped on them islands by christian white devils, you should know this.

You might as well believe crackas never had nothing to do with hundreds of years of evil done to our people. We did it to ourselves, we sold all of our loved ones into hundreds of years of hell. Your ancestors just hopped on a boat and went to those islands freely, to work for free, ? AFRICA! Black people were also godless savages jumping around in trees until the white man gave us jesus and civilized us.................
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited February 2016
    Options

Well, I'm ignoring it because it's ridiculous on classifying people as such when humans are more complex than this. White doesn't describe Greeks and in their white supremacist doctrine the Greeks would be seen as other.

You forgot to mention that crackas came up with the ? up concept of "race".

And oh yeah @Ajackson17
    Assimilation is a ? . Use the united states and somalia as a perfect reference. Think about that for a minute.

Happy black history month