The Predator (Teaser Image)

Options

Comments

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Memory lane. Man my moms put me on to the first movie as a kid back in the day. I was both terrified (especially when he took the mask off) and amazed at the same time. This is one of my early movie experiences and it became an all time favorite til this day. So many great scenes and memorable lines. every character had a unique personality and style. The setup and plot were simple, but the execution and atmosphere really made the movie a special. The way it was filmed brought the movie to life and they did not need too much special effects. The Predator costume still holds up today.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll never forget me, my bro, and cuz when the first came out. We was by the shopping area when step mom dropped us off while they went to grab something.

Every person that passed by we would say you are one ugly ? ! lol. Til this old white lady waited til step mom came back. Got in a little trouble but was funny as ? .
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Predator 2 still my favorite
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I feel like with the special effects technology we have, it should be hard to ? up a franchise like this, and yet they have with everything after Predator 2(including video games). Biggest issue to me in the newer jawns is they ? up the "hunting" element and made them into fight scenes. Those first two, you really got the feeling the characters were being stalked. The newer movies lack that tension and ambience.

I'm still gon check this ? out tho.

Side note: Arnold Schwarzenegger was ? crushin it back in the late 80s and early 90s between this, the Terminators, Total Recall, Commando, True ? Lies.. ? ? was knockin em out the park

Can you even name 1 bad movie he did from that era?
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel like with the special effects technology we have, it should be hard to ? up a franchise like this, and yet they have with everything after Predator 2(including video games). Biggest issue to me in the newer jawns is they ? up the "hunting" element and made them into fight scenes. Those first two, you really got the feeling the characters were being stalked. The newer movies lack that tension and ambience.

Side note: Arnold Schwarzenegger was ? crushin it back in the late 80s and early 90s between this, the Terminators, Total Recall, Commando, True ? Lies.. ? ? was knockin em out the park

last action hero
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Writing and someone actually caring about the characters including the predator is what could fix it. The only legit buget should be weapons and the costumes plus a small location. Just keep ? simple .
  • iron man1
    Options
    Commando is my ? though lol "Sally remember when I said I'd ? you last? I lieed"
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I eat green berets for breakfast and right now I'm very hungry."
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone play this?

https://youtu.be/99B0J2WuqmI

Those 3 dots were filthy G
  • emaculate
    emaculate Members Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    Commando is my ? though lol "Sally remember when I said I'd ? you last? I lieed"

Don't disturb my friend he's dead tired
  • Broddie
    Options
    emaculate wrote: »

https://youtu.be/som0CzKlwa8

Stewardess: Any carry-on luggage?

Matrix: Just him.
  • iron man1
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

Still hilarious how he killed that dude and no one heard it lol
  • emaculate
    Options

Still hilarious how he killed that dude and no one heard it lol

I thinking the same thing watching it on Friday
  • emaculate
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    More character development in these few min than most movies today could do in 90 min.

https://youtu.be/Ub0XS8OZGB8

You could thank Shane Black for that.

Crazy ass Billy LOLOLOLOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU7CDejp6Lw

Question: when the yautja shot Dutch with its laser cannon why didn't it do as much damage as it did on Poncho and Blaine ? It killed them both and blew a hole through Blaine, but it only seemed to burn Dutch's arm. Why was that ?

Poncho took a headshot and it only looked like he took a bullet round to the head. Meanwhile in later movies the plasma cannon has completely obliterated a person's head. Completely exploded Lawrence Fish. Think it's just a movie inconsistency.

There's something in these woods...
  • Broddie
    edited February 2016
    Options
    If you try to overthink a movie that begins with a dude carrying a log and then feeding Bambi with his daughter you're watching it wrong.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does anyone wonder just how much of this is all a construct of @Black_Samson 's mind and not canon? Crazy ass nikka.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    Smh. Avp never happened. There are just three movies. Predator 1 and 2. And predators.

There was a scene in avp where I literally thought the predator and Sanaa Latham were gonna make out. Smh.

Yea that scene was weird AF ..I'm like wait a min wtf is going on ..then the queen popped up

Since females rule over their territory and generally run internal affairs, the Yautja have a matriarchal society. Rarely is it ever needed to be enforced however, males do not involve themselves with female politics and females are uninterested in male socialization. Males conquer. Females rule.

Should the need to enforce this arise however, the male would not only be against a female physically larger then himself, but also her sisters, and their mothers and grandmothers etc. The brethren of this unfortunate male would offer no support, only their derision.

"A warrior who would dare such would not be wise, for an insulted and angry yautja female was not something even a not-too-wise male wanted to create. Assuming the warrior was armed and expert, it might almost be an even match, but Dachande would put his wager on the female. His most recent partner had tossed him across a room during the heat of their mating and that had been an accident."

"Yautja females were bigger then males ... It also explained why this warrior was smarter then most of the yautja he taught. Females of any species were usually smarter then the males."

(Aliens vs. Predator: Prey)

Of course Jamel knows this...of course

Jamel, we would get along very nice irl fam lol
  • iron man1
    edited February 2016
    Options
    If you try to overthink a movie that begins with a dude carrying a log and then feeding Bambi with his daughter you're watching it wrong.

As I've gotten older I catch myself every now and then but I know how to turn my brain off lol.
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

As I've gotten older I catch myself every now and then but I know how to turn my brain off lol.

ripping car seats out and breaking industrial sized pad locks barehanded lol. It's funny to me

It's better than ? from fast furious 7 most of that ? was WTF
  • Broddie
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.