Melissa Harris-Perry Refuses To Do "Her" Show Tomorrow

7figz
7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
Melissa Harris-Perry Walks Off Her MSNBC Show After Pre-emptions
White people on FB are thrilled... obviously meaning the majority and not the whole for the statisticians out there.

melissa-harris-perry.png
In an unusually public flare-up, one of MSNBC’s television personalities clashed with the network on Friday in a dispute about airtime and editorial freedom and said she was refusing to host the show that bears her name this weekend.

The host, Melissa Harris-Perry, wrote in an email to co-workers this week that her show had effectively been taken away from her and that she felt “worthless” in the eyes of NBC News executives, who are restructuring MSNBC.

“Here is the reality: Our show was taken — without comment or discussion or notice — in the midst of an election season,” she wrote in the email, which became public on Friday. “After four years of building an audience, developing a brand and developing trust with our viewers, we were effectively and utterly silenced.”

In a phone interview, Ms. Harris-Perry confirmed she would not appear on the show this weekend. She said she had received no word about whether her show, which runs from 10 a.m. to noon on Saturdays and Sundays, had been canceled, but said she was frustrated that her time slot had faced pre-emptions for coverage of the presidential election. She said she had not appeared on the network at all “for weeks” and that she was mostly sidelined during recent election coverage in South Carolina and New Hampshire. (She was asked to return this weekend.)

In her email, Ms. Harris-Perry wrote that she was not sure if the NBC News chairman, Andrew Lack, or Phil Griffin, the MSNBC president, were involved in the way her show was handled recently, but she directed blame toward both.

“I will not be used as a tool for their purposes,” she wrote. “I am not a token, mammy or little brown bobble head. I am not owned by Lack, Griffin or MSNBC. I love our show. I want it back.”

Comments

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    All them ? that got MSNBC gigs because of Obama...

Nevermind...

I ? with MHP though, good on her for standing up.
    Facts
  • CEOFABRIC
    CEOFABRIC Members Posts: 167 ✭✭
    I watch her show religiously. Black Excellence.
  • D0wn
    edited February 2016
    she felt “worthless” in the eyes of NBC News executives, who are restructuring MSNBC.

“Here is the reality: Our show was taken — without comment or discussion or notice — in the midst of an election season,” “After four years of building an audience, developing a brand and developing trust with our viewers, we were effectively and utterly silenced.”

“I will not be used as a tool for their purposes,” she wrote. “I am not a token, mammy or little brown bobble head. I am not owned by Lack, Griffin or MSNBC. I love our show. I want it back.”

Yaaaaaaawn . Translate:
    "Ima play the game... to only get played by the game, then play victim....then save face then act like im Huey P fighting for the cause, only after the fact they disposed my ass."
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This lets you know

They do that with all of the news stations
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Stiff wrote: »
    I dont watch MSNBC like that but last I heard they were changing their format to be less left leaning..theyre doing pretty bad ratings wise and they see the success of Fox News so i guess they want to emulate it. They already got that hick Joe Scarboro in the morning.

I made a conscious decision to limit my MSM news intake so i already don't be watching msnbc like that, but as long as they keep rachel maddow on there I'm fine.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    I dont watch MSNBC like that but last I heard they were changing their format to be less left leaning..theyre doing pretty bad ratings wise and they see the success of Fox News so i guess they want to emulate it. They already got that hick Joe Scarboro in the morning.

So they're going racist republican
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0wn wrote: »
    she felt “worthless” in the eyes of NBC News executives, who are restructuring MSNBC.

“Here is the reality: Our show was taken — without comment or discussion or notice — in the midst of an election season,” “After four years of building an audience, developing a brand and developing trust with our viewers, we were effectively and utterly silenced.”

Yaaaaaaawn . Translate:
    "Ima play the game... to only get played by the game, then play victim....then save face then act like im Huey P fighting for the cause, only after the fact they disposed my ass."

debbie d0wner ass ?
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PapaDoc223 wrote: »
    Honestly we need a black version of Fox News that is only for us by us. One that is uncompromising. And this goes to show white liberals are no different then white conservatives as Malcolm X said.

Honestly we need a Black version of The Young Turks for real..completely independent of any corporate influence.

Word. Most people nowadays watch their news online not tv. Plus they could be independent with no corporate influence. There is enough blacks in media and with money if they wanted to they could make a black version of the Young Turks.
  • D0wn
    D0wn wrote: »

Yaaaaaaawn . Translate:

debbie d0wner ass ?
    Msnbc is going through a major over haul.
    The network is already phasing her out, she knows she has only maybe a few months left...
    All this i quit ? is irrelevant. They used her, now theyre done with her. She trying to save face.
  • D0wn
    Honestly we need a black version of Fox News that is only for us by us. One that is uncompromising. And this goes to show white liberals are no different then white conservatives as Malcolm X said.

Honestly we need a Black version of The Young Turks for real..completely independent of any corporate influence.

White mans ice is colder....
  • D0wn
    7figz wrote: »
    Melissa Harris-Perry Walks Off Her MSNBC Show After Pre-emptions
    White people on FB are thrilled... obviously meaning the majority and not the whole for the statisticians out there.

melissa-harris-perry.png
    In an unusually public flare-up, one of MSNBC’s television personalities clashed with the network on Friday in a dispute about airtime and editorial freedom and said she was refusing to host the show that bears her name this weekend.

The host, Melissa Harris-Perry, wrote in an email to co-workers this week that her show had effectively been taken away from her and that she felt “worthless” in the eyes of NBC News executives, who are restructuring MSNBC.

“Here is the reality: Our show was taken — without comment or discussion or notice — in the midst of an election season,” she wrote in the email, which became public on Friday. “After four years of building an audience, developing a brand and developing trust with our viewers, we were effectively and utterly silenced.”

In a phone interview, Ms. Harris-Perry confirmed she would not appear on the show this weekend. She said she had received no word about whether her show, which runs from 10 a.m. to noon on Saturdays and Sundays, had been canceled, but said she was frustrated that her time slot had faced pre-emptions for coverage of the presidential election. She said she had not appeared on the network at all “for weeks” and that she was mostly sidelined during recent election coverage in South Carolina and New Hampshire. (She was asked to return this weekend.)

In her email, Ms. Harris-Perry wrote that she was not sure if the NBC News chairman, Andrew Lack, or Phil Griffin, the MSNBC president, were involved in the way her show was handled recently, but she directed blame toward both.

It was never her show. The company owns it, but props to her for not being used.

This is why we need our own media networks.

Ding Ding Ding
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016

We got http://www.tariqradio.com/main/ep120-asian-wannabe-white-supremacists#comments

http://melanoidnation.org/ and Dr. Boyce Watkins

That's true, but we need a distribution outlet. What's the use of a having black centered media if the white owned cable companies won't carry it. And if we did have the channel would cats watch it, and (most importantly,) would they buy the products from the show sponsors?
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    MHP's show has always been garbage. And did she really think MSNBC would not cover the 2016 election? I mean they had her back despite all the dumb ? she's said over the years, but covering the election is somehow making her a token? Didn't they fire have the talent over there? Pretty sure that fat ? Ed Schultz is working in Russia for RT.

Is this the crazy ? you guys are trying to save?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsNWHpldrOA
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭

We got http://www.tariqradio.com/main/ep120-asian-wannabe-white-supremacists#comments

http://melanoidnation.org/ and Dr. Boyce Watkins

That's true, but we need to distribution outlet. What's the use of a having black centered media if the white owned cable companies won't carry it. And if we did have the channel would cats watch it, and (most importantly,) would they buy the products from the show sponsors?

There's plenty of black news outlets online. You guys love to cry about what we don't have.
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love her show but she can see all her contemporaries doing election coverage
    Why would she expect MSNBC to take a break from that for her show.
    I mean of course she should be on TV a lot more than she has been as of late

Although MSNBC is not gonna be so left leaning anymore you still have rachel maddow being their version of megyn kelly
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

And they just hired ted cruzes campaign staffer that got fired last week as a commentator