Melissa Harris-Perry Refuses To Do "Her" Show Tomorrow

Options

Comments

• ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People need to ask themselves why clowns like MHP and Shaprton got shows on MSNBC, but not any of the many intelligent voices out there. Why not court Soledad Obrien when she got loose from CNN, for example. Tamara Hall is the only one putting in work over there. I mean damn, even Fox ? News has Harris Faulker headlining one of their big show. MSNBC has always been sketchy when hiring minorities.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm cool with her having a show - even if she's not the best to ever do it. (<- Period)
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was listening to Thom Hartmann(check him out,great show)
    when a caller called in,and spoke about this new direction MSNBC is going in.

Hartmann explained that NBC (MSNBC parent company) was brought by Comcast in 2011. One of the Comcast owners are a very wealthy and conservative family. And that this is one of the main reasons we are slowly but surely seeing the changes in MSNBC away from liberal and progressive news
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i used to watch MSNBC religiously from about 2005 to 2010. From Katrina to Health Care Reform basically. I'd switch to Fox during commercials sometimes to see what the Devil was up to. I'd always have it on the background while doing other ? . Watched Olbermann's Officer-McNulty-style rise and fall, watched Scarborough go from a late night Hannity knock-off to ? morning show host, etc. I got hooked watching Republicans like Tucker Carlson utterly trash George W. and the Iraq War. Eventually I had enough. I'm more sympathetic to "the media" than most, but between MSNBC's incompetence, CNN's gimmicks, and Fox News's PURE ? EVIL, American Cable News is a special kind of mind-numbing cesspool. I honestly believe that outside of some Breaking News coverage, its generally barely more intelligent than watching the Kardashians or The Bachelor or Maury. PBS, Al Jazeera, BBC, NHK, virtually every other news network seems to have depth and substance while MSNBC is running LOCKUP EXTREME marathons. Even RT is less ? when its not pumping out Putin propaganda.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fine-ass redbone.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? was like a female G&S poster who got a cable show. Every week she'd say something dumb.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDFnrNtqAjo
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wish TVOne was in HD
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This has all the hallmarks of a "? wake-up call" by MSNBC.

She should go independent, ? these big conglomerates.

With the power of direct to consumer social media platforms available, these brick & mortar organizations will be going the way of Blockbuster video, and newspapers in the next 5-10 years.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    i used to watch MSNBC religiously from about 2005 to 2010. From Katrina to Health Care Reform basically. I'd switch to Fox during commercials sometimes to see what the Devil was up to. I'd always have it on the background while doing other ? . Watched Olbermann's Officer-McNulty-style rise and fall, watched Scarborough go from a late night Hannity knock-off to ? morning show host, etc. I got hooked watching Republicans like Tucker Carlson utterly trash George W. and the Iraq War. Eventually I had enough. I'm more sympathetic to "the media" than most, but between MSNBC's incompetence, CNN's gimmicks, and Fox News's PURE ? EVIL, American Cable News is a special kind of mind-numbing cesspool. I honestly believe that outside of some Breaking News coverage, its generally barely more intelligent than watching the Kardashians or The Bachelor or Maury. PBS, Al Jazeera, BBC, NHK, virtually every other news network seems to have depth and substance while MSNBC is running LOCKUP EXTREME marathons. Even RT is less ? when its not pumping out Putin propaganda.

Im adept at parsing the ? and deciding on my own so im unaffected by the ? .. but i think its a stretch to compare it to reality tv i mean it depends on how you consume any of it imo
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    She should actually do one more show just to pull a Lebron Decision like... "Im taking my lisp to CSPAN"

then drop the mic..

slow-lol-zoom.gif
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    MSNBC is slowly turning into a right wing channel she might as well leave since they don't seem to be using her at all.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Her hairline and forehead are distractive as ? ..

The few times ive been able to stomach her show, im watching it like

tumblr_inline_n5laclFBzL1rxujki.jpg

Somebody get this ? a lace front wit a bob..
  • SolemnSauce
    Options
    I mean if you interpret it like that, thats on you....

I just dont find her appealing to look at
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When will ? learn
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MoralOral wrote: »

So you give out hair style tips?
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    PapaDoc223 wrote: »
    Honestly we need a black version of Fox News that is only for us by us. One that is uncompromising. And this goes to show white liberals are no different then white conservatives as Malcolm X said.

How, exactly, does this episode show that white liberals are no different than white conservatives? Please explain.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited February 2016
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    “I will not be used as a tool for their purposes,” she wrote. “I am not a token, mammy or little brown bobble head. I am not owned by Lack, Griffin or MSNBC. I love our show. I want it back.”
    kind of confused about this line since she then later said:
    In an interview with the New York Times on Friday, Harris-Perry said, “I don’t know if there is a personal racial component. I don’t think anyone is doing something mean to me because I’m a black person.”
    which is it?

anyway, guess she's out: MSNBC to sever ties with Melissa Harris-Perry after host’s critical email
    MSNBC intends to part ways with host Melissa Harris-Perry after she complained about preemptions of her weekend program and implied that there was a racial aspect to the cable-news network’s treatment, insiders at MSNBC said.
  • SolemnSauce
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    MoralOral wrote: »

So you give out hair style tips?

Somebody need to..
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    “I will not be used as a tool for their purposes,” she wrote. “I am not a token, mammy or little brown bobble head. I am not owned by Lack, Griffin or MSNBC. I love our show. I want it back.”
    kind of confused about this line since she then later said:
    In an interview with the New York Times on Friday, Harris-Perry said, “I don’t know if there is a personal racial component. I don’t think anyone is doing something mean to me because I’m a black person.”
    which is it?

anyway, guess she's out: MSNBC to sever ties with Melissa Harris-Perry after host’s critical email
    MSNBC intends to part ways with host Melissa Harris-Perry after she complained about preemptions of her weekend program and implied that there was a racial aspect to the cable-news network’s treatment, insiders at MSNBC said.

Think we all saw that coming
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just another confused half breed, go cry to your cave dwelling husband and take this time to reflect and find your hairline ? .
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sure a lot of it had to do with ratings. I mean who is watching MHP at 11am on a Sunday? Most ? are in church at that time. Saturday, I don't really have an argument there. Black folks complain when ? gets yanked off the air, but don't support the ? when it's there! I don't give a ? when these networks do, but they have to get RATINGS! People don't do these shows for their health, or just because they feel like it. My question is, why didn't she wait it out to see what would happen? Was she trying to go out in this blaze of glory before she could get fired? I don't know... Folks are out here talking about BET or TV One should pick her up... If people don't watch these programs these people will get fired!
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cnn betta scoop her up.. I always thought that mhp was too talented for msnbc anyway