Cop Outraged And Complains After Seeing This Painting At His Daughter’s School

1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
3197DFB400000578-3466232-image-a-44_1456521278508.jpg

A police officer father in the United States has taken to social media to complain about a piece of artwork displayed at his daughter’s school.

Kentucky cop Dave Hamblin is outraged by the painting which depicts two black people with a gun pointed at their head.

On one half of the painting, under the title “1930″, a Ku Klux ? member is pointing the gun.

On the other half, titled “2015″, a white police officer is shown pointing the gun at what looks like a African American child.

The painting was from a school project inspired by racial violence depicted in Harper Lee’s book, To ? A Mockingbird.

Police officer Dave Hamblin, who goes by the name Dave Kingmen on Facebook, says the picture is upsetting and creates “future cop haters”.

“We speak of tolerance, we speak of changing hostile environments, we speak of prejudice, and we speak of racial relations, yet, when it comes to hostility toward police, their families, and profiling them through bigotry we are expected to tolerate it,” “Kingmen” wrote.. “I will not, nor will my child.”

The cop has asked for the picture to be removed but the school has seemingly turned down his request.

“When discussing social injustice, people will likely be offended by some topic,” said Tracy Green, a school spokesperson.

“The drawing is a student’s artistic representation based on the lens through which the student viewed that issue and the student has a First Amendment right to share that opinion.”

Comments

• Antlerz
    Antlerz Members Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    The truth hurts!

Btw, what is that kid holding in his hand in the 2015 pic?? Some of the commenters on yahoo lit too lol.....
  • Bender Rodriguez
    Bender Rodriguez Members Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrrealone wrote: »
    The truth hurts!

Btw, what is that kid holding in his hand in the 2015 pic?? Some of the commenters on yahoo lit too lol.....

a candy bar (aka trayvone)
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok so

uhh

they're DEFINITELY gonna be riding with that "anti-police hate is just as morally repugnant as racist hate" talking point from now on hanh

And you thought "White History Month" was stupid.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swear cops take their jobs way too seriously apart from when they're using lethal force in preventable death situations lol.
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Link to the school, I'll buy it, print copies and mail them to all the cops in my city. ? pigs and their families.

Ur blinded by hate
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would he be offended?the picture speaks for itself
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be a black school ran by black ppl,because this is pretty bold for most schools
  • sapo614
    sapo614 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp, they took it down
    Good afternoon, I just got off the phone with the principal of North Oldham High School, and we had a very productive conversation. I believe him to be a good man, and I never thought otherwise. He communicated his frustration with not opening dialog sooner and wished he had considered the gravity of the request. For this reason and many others not worth getting into, the art has been removed. I would be remiss if I did not also add that I also offered an apology to him. I apologized for the roar that came from certain unsavory individuals in the social sphere. I wanted to be heard and had no idea it would expand the way it did. I want those who supported the mission to know that I still believe the Oldham county school district to be among the best in the country. I also want you to know that my daughter will stay in the honors class and with the same teacher. We are human, we make mistakes, and when we do, we do our best to make them right. NOHS principal has done this, and now I am doing the same. I will ask that we allow the school to get back to what we know it to be; a wonderful school with great teachers, and a caring principal. As for certain individuals in the administration who failed to do their job, and the PIO who insisted on increasing the tension, the voters can decide. Thank you again for your support. DH
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sapo614 wrote: »
    Welp, they took it down
    Good afternoon, I just got off the phone with the principal of North Oldham High School, and we had a very productive conversation. I believe him to be a good man, and I never thought otherwise. He communicated his frustration with not opening dialog sooner and wished he had considered the gravity of the request. For this reason and many others not worth getting into, the art has been removed. I would be remiss if I did not also add that I also offered an apology to him. I apologized for the roar that came from certain unsavory individuals in the social sphere. I wanted to be heard and had no idea it would expand the way it did. I want those who supported the mission to know that I still believe the Oldham county school district to be among the best in the country. I also want you to know that my daughter will stay in the honors class and with the same teacher. We are human, we make mistakes, and when we do, we do our best to make them right. NOHS principal has done this, and now I am doing the same. I will ask that we allow the school to get back to what we know it to be; a wonderful school with great teachers, and a caring principal. As for certain individuals in the administration who failed to do their job, and the PIO who insisted on increasing the tension, the voters can decide. Thank you again for your support. DH

Oh thats awesome great for him. White people getting their complaints heard and remedied gotta love America.

FOH
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol well that was anti climatic
    They took it down huh, white man wins again.
    Yall should b used to that by now to be honest
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, the fountain only is filled with tears for a limited time