Perception can be a key to either success or downfall

The concept of F.U. money or otherwise known as ? you money

Ex.
Employer: "We need you to come in to work this shift"
Entrepreneur:"Nah, I'm good" =? you

Employer: Well this your last write up, next one is termination
Entrepreneur:"Ok, but just so you know, if that's the case, I don't mind= ? you

Employer:"What do you mean you aren't coming in"
Real ? : "Well to put it to you in the best way: I mean, ? you, I got my money coming in regardless, I ain't never coming back"

But, everyone has a different level of comfort than others

Some ppl think being financially independent is having an income over 70k

While others think in the millions

What's your definition of ? you money

and what's the range that describes it the best

@Sion
@2stepz_ahead

Comments

• Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just have another hustle
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just reading a book in county and one of the side stories was a lady trying to close this big business deal so she can get her "? you" money
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts is in the 100's of millions is ? you money, while having millions is nothing to brush off. I just don't see why people think that 100k is a lot of money.
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anytime you can generate your own money you have ? you money. it doesn't matter if it's 10k 100k or 1mil, if you have the capability to generate cashflow you can say ? you.

On the other hand there are people who have 100k and up and still can't say ? you because they have one source of income, and they rely on working for someone else to generate cashflow. Then on top of that they livin all out their means trying to wear and drive their money.
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? you money is getting fined $15k for saying ? on TV and saying it again purposely because I'm rich

Mark Cuban gives no ?
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever money are in my envelopes.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Thereal_ba wrote: »
    My thoughts is in the 100's of millions is ? you money, while having millions is nothing to brush off. I just don't see why people think that 100k is a lot of money.

Cause there's people who live paycheck to paycheck and aren't as blessed as some of us, so yea, 100K is a lot of money to them.
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thereal_ba wrote: »

Cause there's people who live paycheck to paycheck and aren't as blessed as some of us, so yea, 100K is a lot of money to them.

I understand that especially being homeless at one point, but people need to expand their mind and perception on things in life.
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $100k is a lot of money when it's in the right hands...some people can blow through 100k easy, while someone else could use that 100k and make a mill or more, it's relative.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koltrain wrote: »
    $100k is a lot of money when it's in the right hands...some people can blow through 100k easy, while someone else could use that 100k and make a mill or more, it's relative.

Yeah 100k is more than enough to make something happen with...definitely FU money in the scenario described in OP
  • CEOFABRIC
    CEOFABRIC Members Posts: 167 ✭✭
    my F.U. money is 100k, I would invest in property and get my rent roll together.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    ? you money is 6-12 months of money banked up to have to maintain your current recurring bills along with some money to still enjoy life with. This while having 0 INcoming funds.

If you got it like that and you're working for someone else you can step off without worrying bout much.

Just having a high INcome don't mean ? if the majority of it is going out and you got no way to save for the just in case.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For better and for worst, I've never needed money to be that way. But i think real ? you money is when you don't even have to work no more at all.

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    let's see....
    having enoght properties to pay for the real ones you want and changing nothing with how you live when you was at you highest point.

a nice 15 grand a month with no expenses.

yea . .I can say fukk
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is no money limit

100 dollars is all u need

or 100k

• BigBallsNoWorries
    As Sion has put it,

It's very circumstantial

10k to one person who's living with his parents, could be seen considered as ? you money

but not to a guy who lives in apartment and has bills, liabilities, car note and living expenses

It's all subjective, but it's an interesting concept/question

It's almost like the question of success

Would you know what it looks like if you saw it? What's your definition of success?

I see it as a combination based off of life experiences, finances you currently have, childhood, ambitions/dreams and desire

Based off my finances, my childhood (seeing 30k in cash as a young kid skewed my mind heavily), especially traveling experiences, ppl I've ran into, girls I've hung with and ? I used to kick it with

I would say 100k and above

and that's completely separate from your main job, something that generates 100k annually

or a stream of income that generates 100k annually

I personally know a guy that lis living a an amazing life

Traveling all the time (Shanghai in one day, then 2 days later Moscow, and b4 all that Milan)

Has some bad ? around and is grinding every time I see him

Homie has a presidential rollie (12 to 20k, some ppl's ? you money is on his wrist) and is still comfortable

Now, he may not have payed that amount and probably got a deal but my point is

To do what I want to

without anyone telling/restricting me in what I want to do, say, feel, wear and or express

is around 100k

Ideally millions

If you have a million posted up in the bank

Bruh, you can live and eat VERY well

More than 75% of the population ain't living like that

? , half the population in the U.S, ain't never left the country

• BigBallsNoWorries
    And speaking on millions

It's more attainable nowadays than ever

still hard work though

from what I'm reading and hearing from interviews

It takes an average of 5-10 years of hard work, determination, being smart and consistent (anomalies like Zuckerberg, Bobby Murphy and Steven Spiegel do not count)

to be a millionaire

@Sion
    @2stepz_ahead

correct me if im wrong

And the mind state is based on a must

Just wanting to be a millionaire is not the same as a MUST

Hard Work/Dedication, Focus, Being Smart, Hungry and Networking
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    Anything is possible fam, it all boils down to how badly you want it, how well you plan for it and how HARD you work for it. You've seen enormously successful ppl from all walks of life. If somebody's done it so can anyone.

Everyone's success is exclusive to them. Which is why I always tell people not to watch others or get envious - because you'll never appreciate your own accomplishments. True happyness is finding a sense of purpose not monetary gain because money won't make you happy there's a lot of ppl who are super rich but have problems in their lives like family issues, cancer, competition in business, failure, fears and insecurities, etc. If you look at entertainment you see every artist had their own waves and success from Jarule to Ludacris, to 50 Cent, Drake, Biggie, 2Pac, NaS, Eminem, Busta Rhymes, T.I., Jeezy, DMX the list goes on. None of them had the same successes. It was exclusive to them and their waves undeniable.

So if you ask me anything is possible :+1:
    Don't put a figure number over it and set ultimatums. Some things will occur when it's meant to happen, instead prepare and work hard so when it comes you're ready for your success.

Absolutely. The one thing all those people have in common is they believed in themselves and they kept working. Luck adds in but alot of it is effort.

I was watching the Allen Iverson doc and dude caught some really good breaks but his work ethic made those breaks possible and made it possible for him to capitalize on them.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't quit my job and sell my rentals without 1.5 million liquid. That's enough to keep my lifestyle the same for quite a long time and enough to jumpstart another profitable venture.
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no such thing as ? u money. That ? just sounds good. Too many things can happen that can cause anyone to go broke or damb near. There is planning and budgeting that will allow you to say ? u i dont need this.

My wife was stressed by her job. walked in one morning and quit before lunch. We came up with a plan and survived with no problems. Yeah we had a stash but stashes run out. So if u think a number allows u to say ? u..u better be real careful
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    My nugga

If 1 billi

A thousand millions if you will

And you dont blow it on dumb materialstic

And invest

Thats is TRUE ? you money

Of course anything can go wrong

Thats life

But if you didnt invest not one penny

Than nah you dont have the right mindset to handle ? you $$$