Battlefield 1, World War 1

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2017 in IllGaming
According to a listing by an online retailer, Battlefield 5 will be a tactical shooter set in World War 1.

The listing on German retailer World of Games, originally found on Twitter, lists EA's upcoming shooter as "Mehrspieler Taktik Shooter im 1. Weltkrieg" or "Multiplayer tactical shooter in WW1" when translated to English. What's more, it also reveals the game will be releasing on October 26.

While the listing has since been updated to just say "multiplayer tactical shooter," Twitter user Thrillho managed to nab a screenshot of the original description.

We've known developer DICE has been working on a new entry in the Battlefield series and it would once again take place in a military setting. Beyond that however, we haven't heard much. And while this is far from official confirmation, it still gives us an idea of where the series could be heading.

Comments

• [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk how I feel about this. I like flying jets and using new guns n ? . WW1 military tech won't satisfy me.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im good, foh with another WW1 shooter
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chatty patty ? truthfully
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    World War games are so ? played out man.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    #Iseethelight
    #damnthatsbright
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    ? the bs last few years every fps been on some futuristic ?
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? the bs last few years every fps been on some futuristic ?

thank you. Yall ? can go buy Ghosts 2 since yall want more of the same
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can we please get battlefield bad company
  • Lou Cypher
    Options

Favorite fps was bad company 2. That Vietnam map pack.. ooooowwwwweeeee I was a mass murderer in that ?
  • banginscrew901
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »

Favorite fps was bad company 2. That Vietnam map pack.. ooooowwwwweeeee I was a mass murderer in that ?

Yea bad company 2 was the ? that's what made me fall in love with them. Seemed like I could snipe somebody ten miles away
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yup it's my favorite one, that flamethrower in Vietnam was fun af
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options

Why so ? can complain that its a copy and paste of what ever battlefield was released b4 it.
  • banginscrew901
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »

Why so ? can complain that its a copy and paste of what every battlefield was released b4 it.

Well that one actually had a story line and the campaign mode. But people gone complain anyway.

Honestly they could update battlefield 4 with new maps and not put out a new game
  • The Recipe
    Options

Why so ? can complain that its a copy and paste of what every battlefield was released b4 it.

Well that one actually had a story line and the campaign mode. But people gone complain anyway.

Honestly they could update battlefield 4 with new maps and not put out a new game

They been doing the bolded for the last 2 years. It probably depends if they are going to continue the Hardline series or not I dont see them having 3 titles in the market: BF, Hardline and Bad Company. They probably should have made BC instead of Hardline.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I want a FPS that is based in the Vietnam war. You rarely see games involve that. Probably cuz america wasnt in the best situation with that, but you could write a dope ass story/video game with the main character being drafted, or not agreeing with the war but being sent over there anyways. Then see all the ? up things that would happen and have to fight his way out of it. So much potential for a dope video game with that.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Wasn't the first black ops that?
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want a FPS that is based in the Vietnam war. You rarely see games involve that. Probably cuz america wasnt in the best situation with that, but you could write a dope ass story/video game with the main character being drafted, or not agreeing with the war but being sent over there anyways. Then see all the ? up things that would happen and have to fight his way out of it. So much potential for a dope video game with that.

Call of Duty: Black Ops takes place during the 1960s in the Cold War, around 20 years after the events of World at War. It focuses on CIA clandestine black operations carried out behind enemy lines. Missions take place in various locations around the globe such as the Ural Mountains in eastern USSR, Kazakhstan in central USSR, Cuba, Hong Kong, Laos, South Vietnam, the Arctic circle and Siberia. The single-player campaign revolves around an experimental chemical weapon codenamed "Nova-6".
  • banginscrew901
    Options

They been doing the bolded for the last 2 years. It probably depends if they are going to continue the Hardline series or not I dont see them having 3 titles in the market: BF, Hardline and Bad Company. They probably should have made BC instead of Hardline.

I know that's why that game still gets playing time. I guess I should have said don't put out another game just keep updating maps and add new modes
  • Lou Cypher
    Options

Call of Duty: Black Ops takes place during the 1960s in the Cold War, around 20 years after the events of World at War. It focuses on CIA clandestine black operations carried out behind enemy lines. Missions take place in various locations around the globe such as the Ural Mountains in eastern USSR, Kazakhstan in central USSR, Cuba, Hong Kong, Laos, South Vietnam, the Arctic circle and Siberia. The single-player campaign revolves around an experimental chemical weapon codenamed "Nova-6".

I know they did that, someone else tho needs to make it like dice or someone new. And more focused on vietnam
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It won't do well with the masses, but this seems interesting to me. World War 1 has been barely covered in fps format, mostly just rts stuff. Battle of Somme and Verdun would be amazing.
  • BlackNeji971
    BlackNeji971 Members Posts: 311 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
  • The Recipe
    edited March 2016
    Options
    reapin505 wrote: »
    It won't do well with the masses, but this seems interesting to me. World War 1 has been barely covered in fps format, mostly just rts stuff. Battle of Somme and Verdun would be amazing.

They just dropped a modern game this year that didnt do well with the masses so I doubt they using that train of thought.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all do realize WW1 had bolt action rifles and ? right? This ? gonna be slow and boring.
  • MasterWuWei
    MasterWuWei Members Posts: 10
    Options
    I guess WW1 is the theme for the fps releases this year......COD Bloodlines is supposed to be based in WW1 too
  • The Recipe
    Options
    Y'all do realize WW1 had bolt action rifles and ? right? This ? gonna be slow and boring.

? been saying moderm BF is slow and boring tho.....