Yall Might Not Like This..... Microsoft HoloLens: Young Conker

Options
MrCrookedLetter
MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AR could be interesting, but from the sounds of it the Hololens will cost more than the Occulus oand Vive, which themselves are expensive as hell.
  • Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So what happens when somebody walks into the room? Or your dog walks across the floor?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    You see them but them image is projected over them. That's the difference between VR and AR. With AR, you still see the world around you, the virtual stuff is just projected onto it.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah man ? looks wack. It's mad impressive but it's like when you see robots; good start but nah not quite ready.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Nah man ? looks wack. It's mad impressive but it's like when you see robots; good start but nah not quite ready.

I could see uses for it. I don't think it's really for gaming primarily. I think they will try to market it for work purposes like with engineering or architecture. You'd be stupid to buy it for gaming since right now they are selling dev kits for $3000.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For teaching purposes this couls be amazing. Especially for engineers and mechanics. Show off hands on fundamentals with visual presentation even when they can't be physically hands on.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I could see uses for it. I don't think it's really for gaming primarily. I think they will try to market it for work purposes like with engineering or architecture. You'd be stupid to buy it for gaming since right now they are selling dev kits for $3000.

Yh agreed
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So if you keep your gaming ? in one room you'll be playing the same level evey time?