Baltimore School ? Cop Caught On Video Violently Slapping Young Black Teenager...

Comments

• not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zzombie wrote: »
    these little ? out here man.... you ? are putting way too much faith in these teenagers. Once my son leaves my eyesight and starts ? around with his friends in the street and gets smacked he better not come running to me thinking i'm going to be his superman... ? that you act outside of the character i raised you in and you suffer the consequences like the man i'm trying to make you be. Now if he does nothing wrong than that's a different situation and even then attacking a law enforcement officer when you don't need to is ? stupid.

so at what point in your weird little head would it have been ok for this young man to hit a pig? Would the intervention of the hypothetical intended ? of his mom by the pig be enough for you
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    these little ? out here man.... you ? are putting way too much faith in these teenagers. Once my son leaves my eyesight and starts ? around with his friends in the street and gets smacked he better not come running to me thinking i'm going to be his superman... ? that you act outside of the character i raised you in and you suffer the consequences like the man i'm trying to make you be. Now if he does nothing wrong than that's a different situation and even then attacking a law enforcement officer when you don't need to is ? stupid.

WTF?! Why is your view regarding our youth so damn negative? You tone is how I would imagine a racist cop would sound. Instead of looking at our youth as devil-spawn, how about you view them as the next leaders of our community.

Your people should always get the benefit of the doubt.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016

WTF?! Why is your view regarding our youth so damn negative? You tone is how I would imagine a racist cop would sound. Instead of looking at our youth as devil-spawn, how about you view them as the next leaders of our community.

You realize that the majority of killings, drug selling and just all out horrible behavior come comes from our youth???? these little boys and some of the girls are out here gang banging, shooting up ? , mugging people and just as a whole destroying the community. Then you see the mother on the TV crying talking about he was such a good boy ? out of here ? he was robbing liquor stores with his homeboys and getting into all kinds of fuckery.

POLICE can be on some ? but we have to be honest the crime problem in the black community is generated from young men and boys now there are other social economic reasons for this but the people actually doing most of the murders/crime are young men and teens.

• zzombie
    edited March 2016

so at what point in your weird little head would it have been ok for this young man to hit a pig? Would the intervention of the hypothetical intended ? of his mom by the pig be enough for you

Hitting the police when you are doing something stupid is even more stupid you hit a police officer only when you believe he is violating your rights to the point that he will cause you undue physical harm.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i do think that the cop has the right idea, just the wrong one doing it.

my grandma speaks of a time when parts of the neighborhood would have got at you.

reminding you that your behavior is just what them white folks was waiting on usually coupled with some form of corporal punishment.

though that also speaks to why there is so much mental illness in the black community due to having to constantly mind yourself and be on your p's and q's.

but this ? ?!?!

these lil ? need some parental ptsd.

But you're still assuming that kid actually did something even though based on what we saw he was a victim. I don't think I'm special when I say I've been in at least near similar situations where I know for a fact I was innocent. And there were no cameras around to exonerate me.
  • SneakDZA
    edited March 2016

Sorry, ? , but I'm just putting faith in what I actually saw in the video and not in what the racist media would have me believe about young black kids being superhumanly fear-inducing. It sounds like your son would be better off in a single parent environment if you can't even do the basics of having his back when he gets slapped around by a grown ass man.
  • zzombie
    edited March 2016
    SneakDZA wrote: »

Sorry, ? , but I'm just putting faith in what I actually saw in the video and not in what the racist media would have me believe about young black kids being superhumanly fear-inducing. It sounds like your son would be better off in a single parent environment if you can't even do the basics of having his back when he gets slapped around by a grown ass man.

I AM no longer even talking about the video the issue is bigger than the video racist media my ass the fact remains that most of the black people murdered are murdered at the hands of young black men. You can call me whatever i don't care but the truth is the truth. WHAT BLACK people need to do is actually address the fact that young black men are terrorizing the community and take steps to solve this problem instead of blaming the media.

If my son is out there ? up and gets smacked then he will have to learn the consequences of being a ? up is pain and i'll be glad if the only thing that happens to him is a little smack.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    This thread went from police brutality .... to bad parenting.... to Jordans.... to Black on Black crime.
  • zzombie
    7figz wrote: »
    This thread went from police brutality .... to bad parenting.... to Jordans.... to Black on Black crime.

Bad parenting... leads to black on black crime .... for jordans... which leads to police brutality
  • VanguardBLK
    VanguardBLK Members Posts: 177 ✭✭
    Only in America is the abuse of power actually a debate.

• yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭

my grandma speaks of a time when parts of the neighborhood would have got at you.

reminding you that your behavior is just what them white folks was waiting on usually coupled with some form of corporal punishment.

though that also speaks to why there is so much mental illness in the black community due to having to constantly mind yourself and be on your p's and q's.

but this ? ?!?!

But you're still assuming that kid actually did something even though based on what we saw he was a victim. I don't think I'm special when I say I've been in at least near similar situations where I know for a fact I was innocent. And there were no cameras around to exonerate me.

Kid DID NOT attend the school where the incident took place so at minimum was trespassing
  • SneakDZA

but this ? ?!?!

Kid DID NOT attend the school where the incident took place so at minimum was trespassing

So?
  • BlevlandBoyBool
    BlevlandBoyBool Members Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭
    7figz wrote: »

• BlevlandBoyBool
  • BlevlandBoyBool
    150 dreamteam
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/education/bs-md-ci-school-police-officer-past-20160303-story.html
    School police officer in video was fired as sheriff's deputy in 2003

The school police officer seen on video slapping and kicking a youth outside a Baltimore high school this week was fired by the city sheriff's department in 2003 and was ordered by a court to stay away from his girlfriend in 2011.

Baltimore school officials would not disclose the officer's name, but his lawyer and other sources confirmed he is Anthony C. Spence, 44, of Baltimore.

In the video, shot Tuesday afternoon at REACH Partnership School in Clifton Park, Spence is heard shouting while he slaps the youth across the face three times and then kicks him. A second police officer looks on. The 16-year-old boy is a student at REACH, according to an attorney representing him. City police have launched a criminal investigation in collaboration with school police and the Baltimore state's attorney's office.

Spence did not respond to phone calls Thursday. His attorney, Mike Davey, said his client believed the boy was trespassing on school grounds, and after questioning him an altercation ensued. He said he could not offer specifics because of the pending investigation.

Spence was one of two Baltimore sheriff's deputies who were fired in 2003 after a wrongful Taser attack that sparked outrage in the Hispanic community, according to reports in The Baltimore Sun at the time. The deputies mistook a Salvadoran construction worker for a bank robber and arrested him during lunchtime in Lexington Market. A third officer shot the construction worker twice with the Taser, injuring him. Spence said at the time he was fired unfairly.

In 2011, Spence's girlfriend, who also was a school police officer, got a protective order against him. According to her account in court records, Spence struck her in the face after an argument outside a Charles Street hair salon. The girlfriend said he tried to prevent her from driving away, and that she grabbed her police radio and called for assistance from school police officers.

She drove to school system headquarters on North Avenue, where, she said, Spence ran after her into the building. No charges were filed against Spence, and court records do not provide his version of the events. Davey declined to comment.

The girlfriend got a restraining order requiring Spence to move out of their house and to stay away from her. Nine days later, in late December 2011, she asked that the restraining order be removed.

The video at REACH, which was posted on Facebook, has sparked outrage from the community and calls for the Department of Justice to investigate. Marshall Goodwin, the chief of the school police, as well as Spence and the second officer in the video were put on administrative leave after it was posted.

The Baltimore City police have taken over the investigation of the incident, at the request of acting school police chief Akil Hamm.

Davey said the video was taken after Spence and another officer responded to a report of an illegally parked car in the REACH loading dock. He said the two cut through the school to get to the dock and, while inside, noticed two young men who were not wearing school uniforms. Though the youths said they were students at the school, Davey said, they didn't know the principal's name. The officers asked the youths to leave, and one did.

There was an altercation between Spence and the remaining youth, Davey said, but did not elaborate. Spence and the youth left the building, where further events were captured on video, Davey said.

The NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund called Thursday for a thorough investigation and urged the Baltimore Schools CEO Gregory Thornton to join in requesting that the Department of Justice expand its civil rights investigation of Baltimore policing practices to the school police force.

Thornton did not respond to requests for comments.
  • yellowtapesport

but this ? ?!?!

So?

SO..? we not assuming that he did something wrong.

He did.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

but this ? ?!?!

So?

He did.

lets say what the cops are saying is true.. the kid was trespassing (smh at u saying its still ? the cops, but then automatically taking the cops words as truth )... so as a officer he should have arrested him. no if, ands, buts, or excuses.

there is a 4 second video with a cop (who has been fired from a previous department) assaulting a minor. arrest the kid, let his parents come pick him up.. but what does the cop do?? assault him.. he should be fired and the cop who stood there and watched that ?

• yellowtapesport
    JusDre313 wrote: »

but this ? ?!?!

So?

He did.

lets say what the cops are saying is true.. the kid was trespassing (smh at u saying its still ? the cops, but then automatically taking the cops words as truth )... so as a officer he should have arrested him. no if, ands, buts, or excuses.

there is a 4 second video with a cop (who has been fired from a previous department) assaulting a minor. arrest the kid, let his parents come pick him up.. but what does the cop do?? assault him.. he should be fired and the cop who stood there and watched that ?

THE NEWS SAID THE KID AINT GO TO THE SCHOOL..so yeah its ? DA POLICE

And SMH at you OK with him locking the kid up which ? up his LIFE, while that slap only ? up his DAY
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

but this ? ?!?!

So?

He did.

And SMH at you OK with him locking the kid up which ? up his LIFE, while that slap only ? up his DAY

yeah because a minor being arrested for trespassing is going to permanently mess up a his record. FYI trespassing is is not a felony.. and yes in this situation I would rather have a cop take the kid in, then assault the ? out of him.
  • yellowtapesport

but this ? ?!?!

So?

He did.

yeah because a minor being arrested for trespassing is going to permanently mess up a his record. FYI trespassing is is not a felony.. and yes in this situation I would rather have a cop take the kid in, then assault the ? out of him.

This aint the 90s..misdemeanors ? ur ? up just as much as felonies. But OK, u take that charge!
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016

You realize that the majority of killings, drug selling and just all out horrible behavior come comes from our youth???? these little boys and some of the girls are out here gang banging, shooting up ? , mugging people and just as a whole destroying the community. Then you see the mother on the TV crying talking about he was such a good boy ? out of here ? he was robbing liquor stores with his homeboys and getting into all kinds of fuckery.

POLICE can be on some ? but we have to be honest the crime problem in the black community is generated from young men and boys now there are other social economic reasons for this but the people actually doing most of the murders/crime are young men and teens.

Nah, it's not our youth where I'm from, certainly not teenagers. The ones making noise are grown people acting out their second childhood, trying to act out movie scenes, or trying to take full advantage of the spoils of capitalism.

But after reading your skewed POV, the only advice I can offer you is to stop watching the news and get involved with the community. I don't think you understand the level of poison, in the form of propaganda you're feeding yourself. You're being molded to hold these absolutely ridiculous opinions of your own people. Everything you said sounds so far from the truth to people that actually live life around our people.
  • zzombie
    edited March 2016

Nah, it's not our youth where I'm from, certainly not teenagers. The ones making noise are grown people acting out their second childhood, trying to act out movie scenes, or trying to take full advantage of the spoils of capitalism.

But after reading your skewed POV, the only advice I can offer you is to stop watching the news and get involved with the community. I don't think you understand the level of poison, in the form of propaganda you're feeding yourself. You're being molded to hold these absolutely ridiculous opinions of your own people. Everything you said sounds so far from the truth to people that actually live life around our people.

I think you are being very naive most crime is committed by people who started down that road in their teenage years how old do you really think the average active gangbanbger is??? those guys are not in there mid 30's.

Who do you really think is turning Baltimore, Chicago and Philly into shooting galleries??? it's not the police it's young men from the ages of 15-23 that do the vast bulk of the violent crime and i know first hand that what i am saying is true for philly because i lived out there for years no tv station molded me i saw this ? with my own eyes in both nyc and philly

Black people need to wake up look in the mirrors and address our problems.
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heres picture of the girl and her friends [img]https://scontent-atl3-1.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlf1/v/t1.0-0/s526x395/12814546_1124421090936003_8378885121644907646_n.jpg?oh=cf3b1fa7146fb711581a459568b4501b&oe=575D1FA3[/img]
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Kid who got smacked up (Dindu nuffin voice) "I didn't even do nuffin!!"

- ? cop who smacked kid up (Bernie Mac voice) "You think you tough, you don't look so tough now, lil ? !!"