Drake Expands OVO Sound Roster With dvsn

RickyRich
RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in R&B & Alternatives
Drake has signed dvsn to OVO Sound.

OVO Sound is also home to PartyNextDoor, Majid Jordan and iLoveMakonnen, among others.

The 6 ? 's longtime producer and friend Noah “40” Shebib posted dvsn’s logo on Instagram Monday (February 29) and tagged both OVO Sound and dvsn.

dvsn’s songs "Too Deep," "The Line," "With Me" and "Hallucinations" are now listed under copyright through OVO Sound and Warner Bros. on iTunes.

The signing is possibly part of a distribution deal through OVO involving label producer Nineteen85 and Toronto singer Daniel Daley, according to Complex.

“The line with the two dots,” Nineteen85 tweeted, presumably a reference to dvsn's logo.

However, the mysteriousness surrounding dvsn remains.

Comments

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    I posted his new ? on the RNB section in fact...
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    edited March 2016
    Google trying to be politically correct now? Look what happened when I googled the pic

16aelv5.jpg
  • RickyRich
    Sion wrote: »
    Shout outs to Daniel Daley, he used to be poppin in Toronto around 2007-2009. Him and Nineteen85. Very smart for Drake to corner Toronto music and build a monopoly over it. Imagine how the tour is going to look. That's going to be a nice check for them dudes.

some more talent drake needs to put on in the city
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No offense to this dude but so far OVO sounds roster has been lackluster. So far everyone sounds like a weak weeknd knockoff
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FishNChips wrote: »
    No offense to this dude but so far OVO sounds roster has been lackluster. So far everyone sounds like a weak weeknd knockoff

because all those guys contribute to making drake* a bigger star.

they are enhancement talent.
  • RickyRich
    two of my little nut huggers keep ? wit me @illedout
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the artists on his label. PND is cool in very small amounts but everything else is too house sounding to me
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makonnen is a trap rapper
    I actually listened to the lyrics on "tuesday"
    ? got a song called I don't sell molly no more
    The trap has fallen off
  • BlevlandBoyBool
    BlevlandBoyBool Members Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭
  • FishNChips
    i ro ny wrote: »

Fair enough, most labels have em. But 3 or 4 artists for enhancement? And they're the only artists signed to your label?

Drake missed out big time by not locking down the weeknd
  • RickyRich

Fair enough, most labels have em. But 3 or 4 artists for enhancement? And they're the only artists signed to your label?

Nah he was goin to sign week d but weeknd turned it down cuz he didnt want to b apart of cashmoney
  • FishNChips
    WorlBoss wrote: »

Nah he was goin to sign week d but weeknd turned it down cuz he didnt want to b apart of cashmoney

how sway? you mean affiliated with cash money? or is there some kinda weird part of the contract that says you belong to YMCMBizness and can be thrown in da bushes if birdman so chooses?
  • RickyRich
    WorlBoss wrote: »

how sway? you mean affiliated with cash money? or is there some kinda weird part of the contract that says you belong to YMCMBizness and can be thrown in da bushes if birdman so chooses?

Idk rlly but he didnt want no parts of cashmoney
  • RickyRich
    Ya thats y they had beef at the start of weeknd career