The official EA SPORTS UFC 2 THREAD

Ghostdenithegawd
Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
Don't tell me I'm the only one who copped it

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was watching it via playstation live last night... Seems like cats have an awful lot of stamina.. could have been KO mode was lookin for counters but these cats were button mashing clowns for the most part
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Must of been k.o mode I played 3 unranked matches and felt some people could have more stamina
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my copy today but I really haven't gotten into it just yet. I had UFC 1 and after playing a few times I didn’t care for it and flipped it. I just copped UFC 2 because I had trade credit & GCU and I got it for nothing. So if this doesn't turn out well I know I can trade at BB for at least $30 off rip and use it for The Division.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Started getting the hang of and started knocking people the ? our my ground game is still super trash
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    edited March 2016
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    edited March 2016
  • willhustle
    Started getting the hang of and started knocking people the ? our my ground game is still super trash

Yeah I done played a few matches already and all I have to say is EA should start back making Fight Night games again. It's ridiculous how easy it is to catch a KO/KO people in a fight. It's easy as ? to get winded when you put combinations together making it harder to gain momentum & the grapple/submission system is still ? from the last game. I know not to get anything from EA that revolves around sports unless it's boxing.

I'm glad I paid $0 to cop this because I will be turning it in for The Division this weekend. Game is garbage for anyone wondering about purchasing save your money.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    willhustle wrote: »

Yeah I done played a few matches already and all I have to say is EA should start back making Fight Night games again. It's ridiculous how easy it is to catch a KO/KO people in a fight. It's easy as ? to get winded when you put combinations together making it harder to gain momentum & the grapple/submission system is still ? from the last game. I know not to get anything from EA that revolves around sports unless it's boxing.

I'm glad I paid $0 to cop this because I will be turning it in for The Division this weekend. Game is garbage for anyone wondering about purchasing save your money.

I don't agree with anything you said

I haven't seen a knockout that was way too easy
    Only reason I've been starting to get ko's on the feet easy is because dudes spam power attacks with no setup so it's easy to parry it then comeback with one of your own they also don't switch up the power attacks it's flying head kick 10 times in a row

And you have to learn how to manage your stamina to pull out combos even in the ufc the usual combo is 3-5 hits it's like that in the game

I faced a guy who had it down pact when it came to consistently doing combos
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    I've been implementin fighters actual game plans (stand up wise) and it's been working greatly
  • Ghostdenithegawd
  • willhustle
    Reviews:

Mediacritic - 4/5
    IGN - 6.5
    Gamespot - 7
    Polygon - 8
    Operation Sports - 8

For those who are contemplating on buying but haven't yet. I'm still traded in my copy towards Uncharted 4/The Division though.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dam, I'm disappointed.... I need a fighting game to play...
  • [Deleted User]
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    Dam, I'm disappointed.... I need a fighting game to play...

It's a great game it has it issues but they will be patched, last year I watched the game cycle very closely because I didnt have an xbox uno but I wanted the ufc game so I just watched it from what I saw

EA patched the game over and over again until the game went from meh to a solid fighting game so these little gripes people are having will probably be fixed

I finnaly got some type of hold on the ground it's not bad imo I still need work and they need better tutorials

Like I said the game needs tweeks here and their I haven't found anything that annoys the ? out of me other than Rory mcdonalds chin

People getting caught up on small ? or just don't know how to play the game are giving it a bad rep

This game is great but after patches could be classic you can't just jump into it you have to spend time with it mold yourself

I'm 5-2 in ranked matches won 5 straight

Idk I just love mma and this game is pretty good at mimicking it and I've played every significant mma game that glame out except the first ea game

People ? about small thing like this ain't an extremely hard sport to adopt to a video game
  • [Deleted User]
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Tell the truth tho...

A k1 game would take the ? off if ea marketed it right.

How would it differentiate itself from ufc tho they have a knockout mode where it's just all hands n feet no wrastlin
  • [Deleted User]
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trash. The mechanics from the last fight night was the best I've ever had the pleasure of using. This is garbage. And I haven't lost.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    UFC 3 undisputed was the best MMA game I played
  • willhustle
    willhustle wrote: »
    Reviews:

Mediacritic - 4/5
    IGN - 6.5
    Gamespot - 7
    Polygon - 8
    Operation Sports - 8

For those who are contemplating on buying but haven't yet. I'm still traded in my copy towards Uncharted 4/The Division though.

And what score did these companies give the division?

Im just saying... in one of those clips ghost posted you see a collision error. Dude reacts to getting punched before it even lands.

The Division

Mediacritic - 4/5
    Gamespot - 8
    IGN - 6.7
    Trusted reviews - 8
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Might trade in the division for this
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Might trade in the division for this

???? Why not just have both
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Got banned from talking or doing any communications probably from somebody I ko'ed
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Cuz I don't like the division well I like it it's cool, but games like that and destiny just isn't for me