Todd McFarlane Says R-Rated Spawn Movie Is Happening, Teases Script

Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
spawn-tm-header-174182.jpg

Creator Todd McFarlane has talked about doing a new Spawn film for quite some time now, but it seems it finally might be happening.

In a live Facebook video, McFarlane gave a genuine update on the script for the R rated film, which is currently sitting at about 132 pages. The good news is that it is actually over what most studios require, which is 120 pages (each page equaling a minute of film time). After he gets it down to a size he approves of, it will go through a few rounds of edits, and one more draft. After that, it will be time to actually attach some talent.

While it isn't the 'it is in production!" announcement that some would like to hear, at least the film is truly moving towards that goal, instead of remaining in the pipe dream status that it has had over the last several years. You can view the entire clip above.

Clip of McFarlane's video is in the link: http://comicbook.com/2016/03/15/todd-mcfarlane-says-r-rated-spawn-movie-is-happening-teases-scri/

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly, i know it was like 20 years ago.... but i still feel micheal jai white is the man for this role.... even after all this time....he still got it
  • Lou Cypher
    I think Michael is a pretty bad actor. But it wasnt his fault the Spawn Movie sucked. There was way too many changes that im surprised Todd approved. Maybe it was the studio that approved, but if I was todd I wouldnt have let that ? happen. Maybe its just all of the movies Jai White appeared in that ive seen that sucked and not his acting. I would give him another chance as spawn if everything else was good.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think he's pretty good..

screw you lou
  • Lou Cypher
    You think Gucci Mane is good too, ? you bro! Ima make sure you dont make a dime on GTA this weekend cuz im sending my peoples after you.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's so delusional. He's been saying this same ? for almost 2 decades now and is the only one who believes it. Grow up Todd!
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol, this ? ain't never coming out
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think Todd approved of the first one ...u know how studios will say one thing then. Do another I think he said the first one was terrible and it was the studios fault .....on the flip side I picked up the HBO animated spawn series collectors edition for the low