Is stef curry destroying the game of bball?

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
or is he making it more exciting?

this is not a curry hating thread....but just asking you bball buffs your opinion.

is he single handedly eliminating the low post game?

I read an article where high school or other youth coaches are complaining about how young kids are now just throwing up 3's or attempts without regard for the game.

an they are worried so kids will miss the fundamental part of the like they already have in the past.

not the he is doing it on purpose an he just doing him...but will he be the scapegoat?

? just off the fact if who his dad is an being raised around the NBA since he was a toddler I would expect nothing less from him...

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't they say the same thing about dunking and how it took away focus from the mid range shot? I think it will balance itself out. Kids who are just throwing up shots won't do ? , but maybe it will encourage some to work on their shooting and not the other more exciting aspects
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    He's not destroying the game. He's doing what works for him. And all the fundamental ? went out the window a long time ago when everyone wanted to be like Mike and do crazy and acrobatic dunks and lay ups even though Mike was fundamentally sound

yea....I made sure to add that in the OP.
    olsheads will say the game been lost what is important...

Mike is one era
    is stef this eras mj? not talent wise tho
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    huey wrote: »
    Didn't they say the same thing about dunking and how it took away focus from the mid range shot? I think it will balance itself out. Kids who are just throwing up shots won't do ? , but maybe it will encourage some to work on their shooting and not the other more exciting aspects

thank you...that a good way of looking at it
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Epic niggie dances
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I don't see how he's killing basketball he's elite at what he does.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He is the exception.... but if everyone starts jacking up off the dribble 3s cuz Steph can then it's a negative...
  • Beta
    Options
    Steph can atleast inspire a generation to learn how to shoot the ball

And jump shooting big men/stretch fours killed the post game
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Back in the late 60s when Kareem Abdul Jabar was playing in college he used to dunk the ball every chance he got. He was dunking so much that the NCAA made a no dunking rule because of him. There was a time in NCAA basketball when it was against the rules to dunk the ball because of Kareem Abdul Jabar.

As far as Curry and his 3 point shot, he still shoots under .500. As long as there's 4 other guys on the team I don't think his 3 point shot will ruin the game, its just a threat that the other team has to think about. Its really a good strategy, to have a 3 point shooter hanging back by the 3 point line. Then you have to defend him even when he doesn't have the ball, which makes it easier for the offensive team to drive to the basket.

As far as teenagers go, the kid with a 3 point shot will always have his place, but the kid that has a sick crossover that can drive to the hole and lay it in (or dunk over a 7 footer) will always have his place too.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was always told by coaches if I didn't do what he wanted me to in the game there was always a seat on the bench I could be sitting in.

So I don't see where these coaches have a problem.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cybertr0n wrote: »
    I ball at the rec every other sunday and these young dudes stay shooting threes.

Contested as ? 3's too ? is aggravating
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    I ball at the rec every other sunday and these young dudes stay shooting threes.

They be lighting you up like that? That ? don't work on me yo.

Nah I'm talking about being on the same team as those ? , I usually have to be the drive and kick guy cuz the youngins are chuckers lls
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah I'm talking about being on the same team as those ? , I usually have to be the drive and kick guy cuz the youngins are chuckers lls
    Which do you play the most, half or full? Playing half is a real man's game and these chuckers seem to hate it.
  • BlackAX410
    Options

Which do you play the most, half or full? Playing half is a real man's game and these chuckers seem to hate it.

I play full moreso but I operate better in half cuz I'm more cerebral and use the triple threat a lot
  • Beta
    Options
    Half court >>>>>> all that running ? with my ability to play D
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Half court >>>>>> all that running ? with my ability to play D

As long as the team defense is good full court shouldn't effect that. My only issue with it is heads taking 3's before anyone is under the basket for a rebound
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steph didn't ruin the NBA, the NBA did. They made the game less defensive with by implementing unnecessary rules. They're too quick to penalize players for "flagrant fouls" when 9 time out of 10 it shouldn't be considered flagrant. They got ? scared to even defend themselves in a fight cuz they worried about getting suspended and receiving heavy fines up the ass.

IMO, all these things combined has resulted in a much less aggressive, and even somewhat less competitive attitudes by players overall. When we were kids watching the NBA, ? on opposing teams hated each other. In today's NBA, most players don't even really show a competitive dislike for their opponents. Some dudes even act like losing ain't that big of a deal.