Is stef curry destroying the game of bball?

Options

Comments

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think he's helping the game cuz he is proof that if you perfect the basics of basketball you can be just as good if not better than the tallest most athletic person in the gym
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember when Shaq was in his prime. He just used to get the ball, turn around and dunk it. There was no way to stop him. But he didn't ruin the game.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    sobek wrote: »
    Steph didn't ruin the NBA, the NBA did. They made the game less defensive with by implementing unnecessary rules. They're too quick to penalize players for "flagrant fouls" when 9 time out of 10 it shouldn't be considered flagrant. They got ? scared to even defend themselves in a fight cuz they worried about getting suspended and receiving heavy fines up the ass.

IMO, all these things combined has resulted in a much less aggressive, and even somewhat less competitive attitudes by players overall. When we were kids watching the NBA, ? on opposing teams hated each other. In today's NBA, most players don't even really show a competitive dislike for their opponents. Some dudes even act like losing ain't that big of a deal.

The NBA is not even ruined to begin with.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    I think he's helping the game cuz he is proof that if you perfect the basics of basketball you can be just as good if not better than the tallest most athletic person in the gym

this

kids prolly wanted to be like mj, vince or lebron in the lay up line b4 the game

now they see steph dribbling and using other fundamentals
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    Half court >>>>>> all that running ? with my ability to play D

As long as the team defense is good full court shouldn't effect that. My only issue with it is heads taking 3's before anyone is under the basket for a rebound

Long shot, long rebound.
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steph didn't ruin the NBA, the NBA did. They made the game less defensive with by implementing unnecessary rules. They're too quick to penalize players for "flagrant fouls" when 9 time out of 10 it shouldn't be considered flagrant. They got ? scared to even defend themselves in a fight cuz they worried about getting suspended and receiving heavy fines up the ass.

IMO, all these things combined has resulted in a much less aggressive, and even somewhat less competitive attitudes by players overall. When we were kids watching the NBA, ? on opposing teams hated each other. In today's NBA, most players don't even really show a competitive dislike for their opponents. Some dudes even act like losing ain't that big of a deal.

In comparison to the defensive/competitiveness 10 to 15 years ago to now it is.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    Half court >>>>>> all that running ? with my ability to play D

As long as the team defense is good full court shouldn't effect that. My only issue with it is heads taking 3's before anyone is under the basket for a rebound

Long shot, long rebound.

Going 1 on 4 with it tho? U can't justify pull up contested 3's being a good shot to me
  • BlackAX410
    Options

NBA was at its worst offensively 15 years ago the league is a way better product now
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

NBA was at its worst offensively 15 years ago the league is a way better product now

It's a better product in terms of offense, yes. But I wasn't talking about offense.
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    and1-mixtape-5-o.gif

I won't say destroyed but the game lost something when these ? got shine.

And the funny thing is, most if not all these cats from Alimoe/Black Widow, Shane TDM, Half Man, A.O. etc.... These cats were all fundamentally sound to the core. The kids just wanted clown w/o wanting to learn all the basics.
  • BlackAX410
    Options

It's a better product in terms of offense, yes. But I wasn't talking about offense.

Defense wasn't really THAT much better u gotta consider it was an increase of high school players who's games weren't refined at all getting rotation minutes. I vividly remember Darius miles saying he didn't wanna add a jumper cuz he thought he could rely strictly on athleticism, til his knees gave out
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »
    O.G. wrote: »
    and1-mixtape-5-o.gif

I won't say destroyed but the game lost something when these ? got shine.

And the funny thing is, most if not all these cats from Alimoe/Black Widow, Shane TDM, Half Man, A.O. etc.... These cats were all fundamentally sound to the core. The kids just wanted clown w/o wanting to learn all the basics.

Skip to my lou made it for a few years to get some bread
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options

back then ? couldnt defend so much better than they do now, only difference is then u can get away with power slammin ? in the air, now a days ur exposed. ? all that fugazi tough punchin ? in the air ? of the old days.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

back then ? couldnt defend so much better than they do now, only difference is then u can get away with power slammin ? in the air, now a days ur exposed. ? all that fugazi tough punchin ? in the air ? of the old days.

Naw....

I think them taking the hand check away was the killer....
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao nah he aint ruin it, he is just a by product of the NBA ruining itself by becoming a punk ass baby sport.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    all the 3 jackin is definitely having a bad effect on the current and future of the game. I dont know if Steph is completely at fault because it was already heading towards the way it is now with the softening of rules but some of the blood is on his hands. No doubt about it. I literally have to force myself to continue watching the ? , I dont find it entertaining at all. Its like watching people play online on NBA2K. I know Im in the minority but it is what it is. Its getting out of hand, it really is...
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steph influencing kids to learn to shoot > AI influencing kids to learn to dribble but nothing else

I don't know. I think I'd rather a ? dribble all day and then draw a foul than jack up a shot two feet from the half court line. You're basically comparing the technically sound part of Curry's game to the unsound part of AI's.

Stop it. People did play better defense back then. It was a more integral part of the game. You can get away with weaker defense now, so not as much of a premium now.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao nah he aint ruin it, he is just a by product of the NBA ruining itself by becoming a punk ass baby sport.

Lol yea i cant front i seriously cant watch regular season nba games unless its the top 4-5 teams playing each other
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I coach high school and yea the jacking up stupid 3s ? is running rampant right now