President Barry Hussein Obama nominates some saltine man to the Supreme Court.. SMDH..

Comments

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fortyacres wrote: »
    lol at all you ? being political geniuses in your little work cubicles every election season.

Am i not an America citizen, what are u we suppose to discuss during election season, big ? ? ?
  • D0wn
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    At least he can quote jay z and sing Marvin Gaye that's all you ? wanted right? because he is the president of all America

you know Marvin Gaye and Jay-z songs are listened to by more than blacks right....

This ? ? man
  • D0wn
    edited March 2016
    I'm done with this long-legged mack daddy. This ? supposed to be growing a Kimbo Slice beard, laying down Executive orders giving us reparations for slavery, and commuting sentences for the brothers on lockdown.

Now he doesn't even have the nuts to nominate Judge Mathis to the Supreme Court!!

Exactly. 4 years ago, these same passive ass ? was saying, Obama was gonna kick it up a notch in his scond term. 4 years later, these same ass ? , are still singing the same ? ass tune.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would've went with Sri

he probably was like "TF I look like sitting in nomination purgatory?"
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So ILL wrote: »
    ? the dumb ? , when are they going to shorten the term to be a judge? The president can't be in office for more than 8 years, but a judge gets to sit for life? ? .

Rex sees that somebody either wasn't paying attention 8th grade history and 12th grade Government class or you didn't go to school that day when your teacher discussed how changes to the Constitution and how infrequently those changes happen.

I just wish the president choose a nominee who wasn't from the D.C. or 2nd Circuit and who didn't go to an Ivy League Law School. Believe it or not, that's where diversity is most needed.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0wn wrote: »
    At least he can quote jay z and sing Marvin Gaye that's all you ? wanted right? because he is the president of all America

you know Marvin Gaye and Jay-z songs are listened to by more than blacks right....

This ? ? man

nowhere near dumb... dudes post was basically saying "because obama is black and quotes song lyrics he a 'real ? '....... he dont care about ? " I posted a response on the level of the quote...
  • damobb2deep
    I'm done with this long-legged mack daddy. This ? supposed to be growing a Kimbo Slice beard, laying down Executive orders giving us reparations for slavery, and commuting sentences for the brothers on lockdown.

Now he doesn't even have the nuts to nominate Judge Mathis to the Supreme Court!!

Exactly. 4 years ago, these same passive ass ? was saying, Obama was gonna kick it up a notch in his scond term. 4 years later, these same ass ? , are still singing the same ? ass tune.

"hi hater"

lol...
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She is currently a a judge on a district court, but it is unlikely that she will be nominated to the Supreme Court without being on an appellate court.

Prior judicial experience isn't prequisite to sitting on SCOTUS. You needn't have to have been a judge (on any level), be a lawywer, hell you don't even have to be a citizen. The president could literally nominate Kat, Pico, or Charolette to fill the vacancy created by Scalia's death, now getting through the confirmation hearings and having the Senate approve your nomination is something else entirely. Prior to becoming a justice on the Supreme Court, Justice Kagan was the Dean if Harvard Last and White House counsel. Kagan was never a judge, though she was nominated.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    She is currently a a judge on a district court, but it is unlikely that she will be nominated to the Supreme Court without being on an appellate court.

Prior judicial experience isn't prequisite to sitting on SCOTUS. You needn't have to have been a judge (on any level), be a lawywer, hell you don't even have to be a citizen. The president could literally nominate Kat, Pico, or Charolette to fill the vacancy created by Scalia's death, now getting through the confirmation hearings and having the Senate approve your nomination is something else entirely. Prior to becoming a justice on the Supreme Court, Justice Kagan was the Dean if Harvard Last and White House counsel. Kagan was never a judge, though she was nominated.

I didn't say or imply that prior appellate court judicial experience was necessary. You don't need to have been a judge at all if you have certain other things going for you (e.g. being a well-known constitutional scholar).
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

i know youre joking but judge mathis hates black people
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    I would've went with Sri

Sri is too valuable for a 'maybe hell get in maybe he wont' vote. Same for the black guy that Obama was considering. He didnt want to ruin the chances of 2 young possible future judges that could easily be confirmed in the future

He went for the older safe option that will make him look good wether they put him in or not. An older guy whos career wont take a hit if hes turned down, and at the same time will make republicans look like idiots if they do. Its a very smart move.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    I would've went with Sri

Sri is too valuable for a 'maybe hell get in maybe he wont' vote. Same for the black guy that Obama was considering. He didnt want to ruin the chances of 2 young possible future judges that could easily be confirmed in the future

He went for the older safe option that will make him look good wether they put him in or not. An older guy whos career wont take a hit if hes turned down, and at the same time will make republicans look like idiots if they do. Its a very smart move.

I getcha, dudes 63 - if he doesn't die he ll prolly serve till he's 80. Ginsburg is prolly next to go at 80+, then Kennedy, Breyer (who are all 75+). So say the next President gets 3 nominations, the next 8 years will reshape the courts.
    Doesn't guarantee either one will get a shot, it comes down to the Presidents personal choice, we may not hear of them again. In any case, dudes resume is thorough
  • BlackCat
    BlackCat Members Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think old ass Ginsberg is ever leaving the Supreme Court. She is going to outlive Kennedy, Breyer and probably Alito too.
  • D0wn

This ? ? man

nowhere near dumb... dudes post was basically saying "because obama is black and quotes song lyrics he a 'real ? '....... he dont care about ? " I posted a response on the level of the quote...

He basically said, all Obama gotta do is symbolic ? and ? are content. Obama didn't do ? for ? AT ALL. But its okay because he has swag, and all that goofy 3rd grade ? ...

All I know is, he will forever be a hoe ass ? .
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭

Prior judicial experience isn't prequisite to sitting on SCOTUS. You needn't have to have been a judge (on any level), be a lawywer, hell you don't even have to be a citizen. The president could literally nominate Kat, Pico, or Charolette

tumblr_lyobho0TwJ1qco00yo1_500.gif
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

This ? ? man

He basically said, all Obama gotta do is symbolic ? and ? are content. Obama didn't do ? for ? AT ALL. But its okay because he has swag, and all that goofy 3rd grade ? ...

So you and others would be "content " had Obama nominated a black woman(?)

And wouldn't nominating a black woman only be "symbolic" knowing the Republican Senate will NEVER confirmed her to the court???
  • BlackCat
    BlackCat Members Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭✭

This ? ? man

Are you serious. This is an obvious strategic move for Obama. He is dealing with all the nut cases who are denying him from nominating someone until the election is over. This is complete ? so he has to make a move that will shut the congress up and get to work The guy is a president not a magician.
    Either way Obama's legacy will always be the first black president and one of the best presidents in history. That's a fact
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlackCat wrote: »

Are you serious. This is an obvious strategic move for Obama. He is dealing with all the nut cases who are denying him from nominating someone until the election is over. This is complete ? so he has to make a move that will shut the congress up and get to work The guy is a president not a magician.
    Either way Obama's legacy will always be the first black president and one of the best presidents in history. That's a fact

But our reparation check$$!!!!smiley-angry039.gif
  • damobb2deep

This ? ? man

its funny that ? say "he has done nothing for blacks" when that false... just because he didnt do what YOU wanted dont mean he did nothing...
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prior judicial experience isn't prequisite to sitting on SCOTUS. You needn't have to have been a judge (on any level), be a lawywer, hell you don't even have to be a citizen. The president could literally nominate Kat, Pico, or Charolette to fill the vacancy created by Scalia's death, now getting through the confirmation hearings and having the Senate approve your nomination is something else entirely.

This is the part where I reminisce and laugh about the time George W. Bush tried to nominate his personal lawyer and best friend to the Supreme Court and even the most far-right Dubya dickrider had to admit "smh this is ? ".

• A Talented One
    I would've went with Sri

This is more or less what I said on the first page, but I didn't get the same reaction.

Smh.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would've went with Sri

The fact that it was basically this dude or Sri tells you how silly any left-wing ? about this is.

A hard left controversial nominee would be a gift to the GOP. It'd be great for both fundraising and GOTV. "We stand unified against n0bama's communist nomination for the Supreme Court!"

Paul Watford will still prolly be the next black SCOTUS judge but being a young gifted & black liberal judge from California would've played the above role for Republicans. And do black people really need any more motivation to vote against racist Republicans this year? I sure hope not.

That left Sri, a guy who was confirmed 97-0 (worth it just to see cacs and zzombie freak out about a brown hindu judge and start Muslim conspiracy theories) or Merrick. Who is Merrick? THE MOST RIDICULOUSLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATE. This guy has been on the 2ND MOST POWERFUL COURT IN THE COUNTRY FOR 19 ? YEARS.....Chief Judge of it for 3 years....

This would be like if the NBA owners had to vote on a new coaching hire but a majority of them hated a certain owner and vowed to block his hire no matter what..... and then dude hires Coach K or Phil Jackson.

Republican Senators up for re-election in moderate and blue states are ? . They're gonna either ? up and further divide a political party that's already coming apart at the seams, or go into the election with cement shoes. 4 Republican Senators are already agreeing to meet with him. So either way, hard right fascist cacs already convinced that the GOP are a bunch of traitors in n0bama's pocket (lol) will freak out and scream betrayal. More money and enthusiasm for Democratic campaigns this fall; less so for Republicans.

Yes ? , Obama really do play chess....
  • A Talented One
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    I would've went with Sri

The fact that it was basically this dude or Sri tells you how silly any left-wing ? about this is.

A hard left controversial nominee would be a gift to the GOP. It'd be great for both fundraising and GOTV. "We stand unified against n0bama's communist nomination for the Supreme Court!"

Paul Watford will still prolly be the next black SCOTUS judge but being a young gifted & black liberal judge from California would've played the above role for Republicans. And do black people really need any more motivation to vote against racist Republicans this year? I sure hope not.

That left Sri, a guy who was confirmed 97-0 (worth it just to see cacs and zzombie freak out about a brown hindu judge and start Muslim conspiracy theories) or Merrick. Who is Merrick? THE MOST RIDICULOUSLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATE. This guy has been on the 2ND MOST POWERFUL COURT IN THE COUNTRY FOR 19 ? YEARS.....Chief Judge of it for 3 years....

This would be like if the NBA owners had to vote on a new coaching hire but a majority of them hated a certain owner and vowed to block his hire no matter what..... and then dude hires Coach K or Phil Jackson.

Republican Senators up for re-election in moderate and blue states are ? . They're gonna either ? up and further divide a political party that's already coming apart at the seams, or go into the election with cement shoes. 4 Republican Senators are already agreeing to meet with him. So either way, hard right fascist cacs already convinced that the GOP are a bunch of traitors in n0bama's pocket (lol) will freak out and scream betrayal. More money and enthusiasm for Democratic campaigns this fall; less so for Republicans.

Good post.

And the thing is opposing this guy doesn't make sense given what Republicans believe or have reasonable grounds for believing.

They believe:

1. That Trump will probably be the nominee.
    2. That Trump will probably -- if not almost certainly -- lose to Hillary.
    3. That a newly elected democratic president would probably nominate someone younger and more liberal than this guy.

So in their mind, it is either this guy, or Sri or Wadford. (And after stalling for a year, they will be under tremendous pressure not to oppose whoever Hillary nominates.) And everything (age, political orientation) suggests that they should prefer this guy.

So from a Republican perspective, at this point, opposing Merrick doesn't make any sense.
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I better not hear none of you ? asking the next president what are they going to do for black people. Old we all in the same boat ass ?
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    I would've went with Sri

Wasn't questioning his resume or whether he's qualified - word to scotusblog. There are probably 5-10 judges at any time are qualified - what happened when he picked Sonia and Kagan before, Was Merrick less qualified then? Once again it comes down to the President's discretion. The next President may pass on Sri or Watford even if they are qualified.