Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    Good drops, my only issue is that it is "Christian scholars" debunking these claims that Christianity wasn't copied from earlier religions....how convenient....you have any people who aren't Christian saying Christianity wasn't copied from pagan religions??

I find it odd that they adopted things from pagan religions like celebrating jesus on December 25 th because of winter and a lot of other celebrations going on to appeal to people but didn't adopt any of the stories or parallels to also make Christianity appeal as well

That's like saying a lawyer should be dunk nuclear physicist Only PEOPLE who actually study something can properly can explain it and just to let you know not every christian scholar is actually a christian not every Jewish scholar is a practicing jew.

I don't understand the bold

I don't think Christians can't debunk it, I'm just weary, especially since it only benefits them to debunk that they stole concepts or stories from other religions

What you have to keep in mind is that ultimately the O.T is about ? creating Israel from the already existing people of the region so Jewish culture is naturally going to have some similarities in form but not necessarily in meaning.
    If you have a cousin and you both write family histories your stories are going to be similar but also very different so the jewish culture that gave birth to Christianity is not a plagiarized copy it's authentically from the region

Christians did not steal any concepts Christianity is an evolution of Judaism so apart from the Jewish elements in it there are no stolen concepts just appropriated symbols and a few hoildays.

Were these existing people , pagans with their own culture and religion?

Abraham was born in Ur and he was a pagan just like everyone else the israelites according to the bible spent time in Egypt and the egyptians were pagan but remember ? put them there, they were not a nation before leaving Egypt. Their culture and religion had not been fully formed UNTIL they were out of egypt.
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    There are Muslims who are christian scholars or religious scholars in general who produce great works and unbias works.

Nah because you can debunk judaism then you can debunk Christianity and Islam all in one.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    There are Muslims who are christian scholars or religious scholars in general who produce great works and unbias works.

Nah because you can debunk judaism then you can debunk Christianity and Islam all in one.

I mean that there are christian and religious scholars who are muslim especially in academia. I'm not talking about no debunking.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    so is the devil keeping it 100 an anything else a false sense of security

The devil is a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Amen.

Yeshua is the way, the truth, and the life! He loves you my friend! And no one will ever come to the Father except through Him. Amen.

If the devil is a murderer, what does that make the Bible ? ? Who claims to have drowned the entire world? Who admits to creating evil and calamity....?
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I mean that there are christian and religious scholars who are muslim especially in academia. I'm not talking about no debunking.

Wouldn't the confirmation of Christianity support Islam as well? Not to say that there aren't scholars of certain Faith's who study other faiths, but to find evidence of Christianity, would also be evidence for islam , so it wouldn't keep a scholar honest or keep his interpretation unbiased
  • jetlifebih
    Options
    Good drops, my only issue is that it is "Christian scholars" debunking these claims that Christianity wasn't copied from earlier religions....how convenient....you have any people who aren't Christian saying Christianity wasn't copied from pagan religions??

I find it odd that they adopted things from pagan religions like celebrating jesus on December 25 th because of winter and a lot of other celebrations going on to appeal to people but didn't adopt any of the stories or parallels to also make Christianity appeal as well

That's like saying a lawyer should be dunk nuclear physicist Only PEOPLE who actually study something can properly can explain it and just to let you know not every christian scholar is actually a christian not every Jewish scholar is a practicing jew.

I don't think Christians can't debunk it, I'm just weary, especially since it only benefits them to debunk that they stole concepts or stories from other religions

What you have to keep in mind is that ultimately the O.T is about ? creating Israel from the already existing people of the region so Jewish culture is naturally going to have some similarities in form but not necessarily in meaning.
    If you have a cousin and you both write family histories your stories are going to be similar but also very different so the jewish culture that gave birth to Christianity is not a plagiarized copy it's authentically from the region

Christians did not steal any concepts Christianity is an evolution of Judaism so apart from the Jewish elements in it there are no stolen concepts just appropriated symbols and a few hoildays.

Abraham was born in Ur and he was a pagan just like everyone else the israelites according to the bible spent time in Egypt and the egyptians were pagan but remember ? put them there, they were not a nation before leaving Egypt. Their culture and religion had not been fully formed UNTIL they were out of egypt.

So they weren't a nation before leaving Africa and then became a nation after leaving, and you don't believe anything was taken from egypt out of Egypt ? Religious wise?
  • Ajackson17
    Options

Wouldn't the confirmation of Christianity support Islam as well? Not to say that there aren't scholars of certain Faith's who study other faiths, but to find evidence of Christianity, would also be evidence for islam , so it wouldn't keep a scholar honest or keep his interpretation unbiased

A scholar is to find the text and the physical writings and teach their meanings of what this religion is talking about. It doesn't actually deal with if Yahweh, Jesus, Moses and etc existed or did it come from Egypt or not. That's not the point of a Christian Scholar or Islamic Scholar. Their work is the findings of text and the proper interpretation of the text and history surrounding the area. They are not here to debunk the religion like our African elders did. They were historian scholars who used history to debunk the historicity of the religion.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

So they weren't a nation before leaving Africa and then became a nation after leaving, and you don't believe anything was taken from egypt out of Egypt ? Religious wise?

If anyone doesn't believe they taken nothing from Kemet then their crazy as hell. Do you think Black Americans taken nothing from America for being in here for 400 years? They probably didn't even speak a semetic tongue until they reached Canaan and even the bible supports they speak the tongue of Canaan after they been there for generations. Egypt influenced Israelite and Canaanite culture period and you keep finding tons of Egyptian artifacts in the levant region and up to the Euphrates. Egypt was influential until around 400 A.D. and even then it received a revival in the 9th century during Islamic golden age(They even could read the Mdr Ntr) and then again and continually from the late 1700's.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The devil is a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Amen.

Yeshua is the way, the truth, and the life! He loves you my friend! And no one will ever come to the Father except through Him. Amen.

If the devil is a murderer, what does that make the Bible ? ? Who claims to have drowned the entire world? Who admits to creating evil and calamity....?

Murder IS unlawful killiing. ? MAKES THE LAW
  • zzombie
    Options

No they did not take anything as it relates to the religion were they influenced by the culture of Egypt????? everybody was
  • jetlifebih
    Options

No they did not take anything as it relates to the religion were they influenced by the culture of Egypt????? everybody was
    Sounds fair although I don't agree,

• kingblaze84
    Options

Amen.

Wrong, murder is the unjustified killing of someone for no valid reason. Last time I read, the Bible ? has done a lot more murders and killing then Satan ever has. So once again, who is the real murderer? We already know who admits to creating evil and calamity.

• zzombie
    edited March 2016
    Options

Amen.

Wrong, murder is the unjustified killing of someone for no valid reason. Last time I read, the Bible ? has done a lot more murders and killing then Satan ever has. So once again, who is the real murderer? We already know who admits to creating evil and calamity.

The bold makes no sense as a reply to what i said. ? makes the law so whatever reason he has to remove you from earth it is logically lawful.

If you agree that murder is unjustified killing and ? makes the law that justifies wrong killing from right then ? killing is perfectly lawful because he not only made the law he also knows it's purpose.
  • Cleveland7venty6
    Cleveland7venty6 Members Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ancient Confession Found: 'We Invented Jesus Christ'

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

http://uk.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11201273.htm

American Biblical scholar Joseph Atwill will be appearing before the British public for the first time in London on the 19th of October to present a controversial new discovery: ancient confessions recently uncovered now prove, according to Atwill, that the New Testament was written by first-century Roman aristocrats and that they fabricated the entire story of Jesus Christ. His presentation will be part of a one-day symposium entitled "Covert Messiah" at Conway Hall in Holborn (full details can be found at http://www.covertmessiah.com).

Although to many scholars his theory seems outlandish, and is sure to upset some believers, Atwill regards his evidence as conclusive and is confident its acceptance is only a matter of time. "I present my work with some ambivalence, as I do not want to directly cause Christians any harm," he acknowledges, "but this is important for our culture. Alert citizens need to know the truth about our past so we can understand how and why governments create false histories and false gods. They often do it to obtain a social order that is against the best interests of the common people."

Atwill asserts that Christianity did not really begin as a religion, but a sophisticated government project, a kind of propaganda exercise used to pacify the subjects of the Roman Empire. "Jewish sects in Palestine at the time, who were waiting for a prophesied warrior Messiah, were a constant source of violent insurrection during the first century," he explains. "When the Romans had exhausted conventional means of quashing rebellion, they switched to psychological warfare. They surmised that the way to stop the spread of zealous Jewish missionary activity was to create a competing belief system. That's when the 'peaceful' Messiah story was invented. Instead of inspiring warfare, this Messiah urged turn-the-other-cheek pacifism and encouraged Jews to 'give onto Caesar' and pay their taxes to Rome."

Was Jesus based on a real person from history? "The short answer is no," Atwill insists, "in fact he may be the only fictional character in literature whose entire life story can be traced to other sources. Once those sources are all laid bare, there's simply nothing left."

Atwill's most intriguing discovery came to him while he was studying "Wars of the Jews" by Josephus [the only surviving first-person historical account of first-century Judea] alongside the New Testament. "I started to notice a sequence of parallels between the two texts," he recounts. "Although it's been recognised by Christian scholars for centuries that the prophesies of Jesus appear to be fulfilled by what Josephus wrote about in the First Jewish-Roman war, I was seeing dozens more. What seems to have eluded many scholars is that the sequence of events and locations of Jesus ministry are more or less the same as the sequence of events and locations of the military campaign of [Emperor] Titus Flavius as described by Josephus. This is clear evidence of a deliberately constructed pattern. The biography of Jesus is actually constructed, tip to stern, on prior stories, but especially on the biography of a Roman Caesar."

How could this go unnoticed in the most scrutinised books of all time? "Many of the parallels are conceptual or poetic, so they aren't all immediately obvious. After all, the authors did not want the average believer to see what they were doing, but they did want the alert reader to see it. An educated Roman in the ruling class would probably have recognised the literary game being played." Atwill maintains he can demonstrate that "the Roman Caesars left us a kind of puzzle literature that was meant to be solved by future generations, and the solution to that puzzle is 'We invented Jesus Christ, and we're proud of it.'"

Is this the beginning of the end of Christianity? "Probably not," grants Atwill, "but what my work has done is give permission to many of those ready to leave the religion to make a clean break. We've got the evidence now to show exactly where the story of Jesus came from. Although Christianity can be a comfort to some, it can also be very damaging and repressive, an insidious form of mind control that has led to blind acceptance of serfdom, poverty, and war throughout history. To this day, especially in the United States, it is used to create support for war in the Middle East."

Atwill encourages skeptics to challenge him at Conway Hall, where after the presentations there is likely to be a lively Q&A session. Joining Mr.Atwill will be fellow scholar Kenneth Humphreys, author of the book "Jesus Never Existed."

Further information can be found at http://www.covertmessiah.com.

About Joseph Atwill: Joseph Atwill is the author of the best-selling book "Caesar's Messiah" and its upcoming sequel "The Single Strand."
  • zzombie
    Options
    That has got to be the dumbest thing i've read in my life and has been debunked as nonsense by many people already.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

Amen.

The bold makes no sense as a reply to what i said. ? makes the law so whatever reason he has to remove you from earth it is logically lawful.

If you agree that murder is unjustified killing and ? makes the law that justifies wrong killing from right then ? killing is perfectly lawful because he not only made the law he also knows it's purpose.

Aight but it doesn't change the fact that your Bible ? shamelessly admits to creating evil and destruction. So technically, it still makes the ? you believe in much more destructive and harmful to the world then the "devil".

And you obviously can't prove your ? is even a ? that made any rules up. More then likely, a bunch of guys tripping on shrooms or some other substance made the "law" up.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Ancient Confession Found: 'We Invented Jesus Christ'

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

http://uk.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11201273.htm

American Biblical scholar Joseph Atwill will be appearing before the British public for the first time in London on the 19th of October to present a controversial new discovery: ancient confessions recently uncovered now prove, according to Atwill, that the New Testament was written by first-century Roman aristocrats and that they fabricated the entire story of Jesus Christ. His presentation will be part of a one-day symposium entitled "Covert Messiah" at Conway Hall in Holborn (full details can be found at http://www.covertmessiah.com).

Although to many scholars his theory seems outlandish, and is sure to upset some believers, Atwill regards his evidence as conclusive and is confident its acceptance is only a matter of time. "I present my work with some ambivalence, as I do not want to directly cause Christians any harm," he acknowledges, "but this is important for our culture. Alert citizens need to know the truth about our past so we can understand how and why governments create false histories and false gods. They often do it to obtain a social order that is against the best interests of the common people."

Atwill asserts that Christianity did not really begin as a religion, but a sophisticated government project, a kind of propaganda exercise used to pacify the subjects of the Roman Empire. "Jewish sects in Palestine at the time, who were waiting for a prophesied warrior Messiah, were a constant source of violent insurrection during the first century," he explains. "When the Romans had exhausted conventional means of quashing rebellion, they switched to psychological warfare. They surmised that the way to stop the spread of zealous Jewish missionary activity was to create a competing belief system. That's when the 'peaceful' Messiah story was invented. Instead of inspiring warfare, this Messiah urged turn-the-other-cheek pacifism and encouraged Jews to 'give onto Caesar' and pay their taxes to Rome."

Was Jesus based on a real person from history? "The short answer is no," Atwill insists, "in fact he may be the only fictional character in literature whose entire life story can be traced to other sources. Once those sources are all laid bare, there's simply nothing left."

Atwill's most intriguing discovery came to him while he was studying "Wars of the Jews" by Josephus [the only surviving first-person historical account of first-century Judea] alongside the New Testament. "I started to notice a sequence of parallels between the two texts," he recounts. "Although it's been recognised by Christian scholars for centuries that the prophesies of Jesus appear to be fulfilled by what Josephus wrote about in the First Jewish-Roman war, I was seeing dozens more. What seems to have eluded many scholars is that the sequence of events and locations of Jesus ministry are more or less the same as the sequence of events and locations of the military campaign of [Emperor] Titus Flavius as described by Josephus. This is clear evidence of a deliberately constructed pattern. The biography of Jesus is actually constructed, tip to stern, on prior stories, but especially on the biography of a Roman Caesar."

How could this go unnoticed in the most scrutinised books of all time? "Many of the parallels are conceptual or poetic, so they aren't all immediately obvious. After all, the authors did not want the average believer to see what they were doing, but they did want the alert reader to see it. An educated Roman in the ruling class would probably have recognised the literary game being played." Atwill maintains he can demonstrate that "the Roman Caesars left us a kind of puzzle literature that was meant to be solved by future generations, and the solution to that puzzle is 'We invented Jesus Christ, and we're proud of it.'"

Is this the beginning of the end of Christianity? "Probably not," grants Atwill, "but what my work has done is give permission to many of those ready to leave the religion to make a clean break. We've got the evidence now to show exactly where the story of Jesus came from. Although Christianity can be a comfort to some, it can also be very damaging and repressive, an insidious form of mind control that has led to blind acceptance of serfdom, poverty, and war throughout history. To this day, especially in the United States, it is used to create support for war in the Middle East."

Atwill encourages skeptics to challenge him at Conway Hall, where after the presentations there is likely to be a lively Q&A session. Joining Mr.Atwill will be fellow scholar Kenneth Humphreys, author of the book "Jesus Never Existed."

Further information can be found at http://www.covertmessiah.com.

About Joseph Atwill: Joseph Atwill is the author of the best-selling book "Caesar's Messiah" and its upcoming sequel "The Single Strand."

Interesting, not saying that's all true but it's pretty damn clear, after 2,000 years, that Jesus ain't no Messiah. So somebody, several people really, were making some ? up in the past.
  • zzombie
    edited March 2016
    Options

Amen.

Aight but it doesn't change the fact that your Bible ? shamelessly admits to creating evil and destruction. So technically, it still makes the ? you believe in much more destructive and harmful to the world then the "devil".

And you obviously can't prove your ? is even a ? that made any rules up. More then likely, a bunch of guys tripping on shrooms or some other substance made the "law" up.

Not evil, but yes ? destroys things sometimes things need to be destroyed and the purpose of religion is not to objectively prove ? and i have no interest in trying to do so. You have your own evaluation of the abrahamic ? because you think ? should act in a certain way and that the universe should be closer to your ideals so even if i could prove ? you would not care anyway
  • kingblaze84
    Options

Amen.

people who translated the

Not evil, but yes ? destroys things sometimes things need to be destroyed and the purpose of religion is not to objectively prove ? and i have no interest in trying to do so. You have your own evaluation of the abrahamic ? because you think ? should act in a certain way and that the universe should be closer to your ideals so even if i could prove ? you would not care anyway

Many Bible translations, including the ones I read growing up, say the Bible ? admits to creating evil LOL, I'm sure the translators knew what they were writing. It's shameless and pretty disgusting to admit to creating all the horrors the world sees today and saw in the past, while doing nothing to solve those same issues up till this day. You can't prove your so called ? because let's face it, it's not a real ? . It can't prove itself and you know it.
  • zzombie
    Options

Amen.

people who translated the

Many Bible translations, including the ones I read growing up, say the Bible ? admits to creating evil LOL, I'm sure the translators knew what they were writing. It's shameless and pretty disgusting to admit to creating all the horrors the world sees today and saw in the past, while doing nothing to solve those same issues up till this day. You can't prove your so called ? because let's face it, it's not a real ? . It can't prove itself and you know it.

Like i've told you already it is possible that ? simply does not like you, therefore he has no reason to reveal himself to you in the blatant way you want ? HAS PROVE HIMSELF TO ME you unfortunately just have never experienced him and with your way of thinking sadly it's possible that you never will. @ the bold I've been over that with you before ? creates calamity and not evil evil is the strenuous translation of the word

• MizuryLillith
    MizuryLillith Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Soooo.....
    I'm guessing I'm in that crazy ass list somewhere....
    Searching mizury finds me odd places....
    Yeah you don't want to know what happens to me when ? calls....
    Or recalls.... Depends on how you look at It. Lol