Whom in your opinion is the definitive Punisher? Who truly embodied the character of Frank Castle?

Options
Huey_C
Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in Lights, Camera, Action!

Whom in your opinion is the definitive Punisher? Who truly embodied the character of Frank Castle? 28 votes

Jon Bernthal
67%
lion_heartsapp08_2001willhustlelord nemesisMancKarl.L.O.S.T.lamontbdcgdatruth2.0Ajackson17StoneColdMikeyDillaDeafKing of GABetaSplackavelliDesaiHuey_CBangEm_Bart lordstanley 19 votes
Thomas Jane
10%
Will MunnyLou CypherKingFreeman 3 votes
Ray Stevenson
17%
[Deleted User]jonotexasdaking88Lord_Hades_08Inglewood_B 5 votes
Dolph Lundgren.... smh
3%
mryounggun 1 vote

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dolph Lundgren was awesome ? you talkin about?

But I haven't seen the new guy yet and don't know when I will so no vote.
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jon Bernthal
    Broddie wrote: »

Dolph Lundgren's punisher was too much of a good guy superhero. Frank Castle is at most an anti-hero
  • Broddie
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Huey_C wrote: »

Dolph Lundgren's punisher was too much of a good guy superhero. Frank Castle is at most an anti-hero

Seems like you're confusing the Thomas Jane movie with Dolph Lundgren's friend.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jon Bernthal
    Bonson used to lay folks down...? dam
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jon Bernthal
    only punisher i've ever seen is dude on daredevil...all them other movies looked wack and i never cared to watch them
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Christopher Rios

^^^^The correct answer
  • Big Kola
    Big Kola Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have to wait to poll on this one, I am too hype from Daredevil at this moment.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thomas Jane
    Im going with Jane, but only because i aint watch season 2 of daredevil yet.

When did Dolph play Punisher? and in what?
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jon Bernthal
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Im going with Jane, but only because i aint watch season 2 of daredevil yet.

When did Dolph play Punisher? and in what?

I had to check that out, apparently they made a punisher movie back in 89.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Dolph's Punisher made Thomas Jane look like a ? choir boy compared to him. A choir boy!

https://youtu.be/FDIJXmpZrT0
  • Broddie
    edited March 2016
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    only punisher i've ever seen is dude on daredevil...all them other movies looked wack and i never cared to watch them

The 80s one and War Zone were solidly entertaining action movies. The 2004 one was a catastrophe.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jon Bernthal
    War Zone was cringeworthy imo
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always thought warzone was straight garbage.....i must be the only one who liked thomas jane
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always thought warzone was straight garbage.....i must be the only one who liked thomas jane

Nah thomas Jane was dope. War Zone was just wack
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsnitc
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Warzone has the best use of a bazooka ever commited to film.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    ? Laundry was dope af.
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    Bonson used to lay folks down...? dam

Death Wish series was and is a fascist fantasy meant for consumption by racist cacs.
  • King of GA
    King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jon Bernthal
    I liked Thomas Jane...but Shane killing it..
  • Lord_Hades_08
    Lord_Hades_08 Members Posts: 75 ✭✭
    Options
    Ray Stevenson
    War Zone was campy as hell but, it was the true depiction of the character. The new Punisher from the Daredevil series talks too much!!
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jon Bernthal
    I thought war zone was the good one
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jon Bernthal
    I got both War Zone & The Punisher from '04 double feature blu-ray tbh, I liked both movies but the Thomas Jane film was a little watered down in comparison to War Zone. War Zone was just gritty and ? as ? .

I liked Thomas Jane as Puinsher but that PG-13 was child's play compared to War Zone.
    Ray Steveson did a very good job with a very raw film and plot but causal audiences don't care for The Punisher as they would a Spider-Man, Batman, or Superman etc.
    I barely remember the Dolph Lundgren film because I was a little kid when I saw it.

Really though Jon Bernthal just killed the role on a smaller screen setting and outshines the past performances of The Punisher.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Jon Bernthal
    Dolph's Punisher made Thomas Jane look like a ? choir boy compared to him. A choir boy!

I saw this years ago as a kid and I forgot about it until now. this is a straight to video made for tv punisher. this punisher lives in the same world as bill Bixby's hulk, the daredevil and thor that appeared on the tv specials and the amazing spider man cbs series from the late 70's. damn could marvel at least put a skull on his shirt. all that money from comics and they couldn't take a black t shirt to a flea market or some ? and get a skull stitched or spray painted on it. this aint punisher this movie should be called" tall ass swede in all black goes on a killing spree"
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jon Bernthal
    Berthanal is probably my favorite depiction of the character to date but that might be a function of recency bias, the fact is story can be told over 13 episodes and my continued enjoyment of Marvel taking a big swing on the small screen.

He really captured the Punisher vibe specifically earlier in the season when he was almost depicted like a monster from a horror film or a force of nature. Not crazy about how talkative he has been as the season has progressed
    Jane’s Punisher was too tame and generic
    War Zone was just to campy
    And Dolph’s film was more of a typical 80s action/revenge flick but it was better than it had to be.
  • Broddie
    Options

I saw this years ago as a kid and I forgot about it until now. this is a straight to video made for tv punisher. this punisher lives in the same world as bill Bixby's hulk, the daredevil and thor that appeared on the tv specials and the amazing spider man cbs series from the late 70's. damn could marvel at least put a skull on his shirt. all that money from comics and they couldn't take a black t shirt to a flea market or some ? and get a skull stitched or spray painted on it. this aint punisher this movie should be called" tall ass swede in all black goes on a killing spree"

Straight to video yes but made for TV no. This was a hard R. They didn't have the rights to use the skull and the skull is not the character anyway. Dolph totally embodied that character especially as he was in the comics back then and that's all that matterred. He had the correct presence and demeanor.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jon Bernthal
    I don't know the comics but Bernthal is dope as ? . Watching Daredevil looking forward to his screen time. He needs his own show IMO.