Archealogical evidence of near east activities(No rhetoric, drop the peer reviewed journal piece)

Options
Ajackson17
Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm creating this since we have so much rhetoric over the bible and not dropping anything with sound evidence to support such said claims from both parties. This way we can actually vividly proven with documentation on what events to take from that did happened and which events did not happen. This is pure scholarship and any rhetoric needs to be deleted or banned from this thread.

@janklow I hope you can offer your assistance in these matters to make sure the thread goes accordingly.
First off is Hezekiah seal.

151203121718-royal-seal-king-hezekiah-exlarge-169.jpg

A dump site is the last place you would expect to find an 8th century B.C. seal for a papyrus document signed by one of the kings of Judah.

Perhaps that's why it has taken 2,700 years for the piece of clay inscribed with King Hezekiah's seal to be discovered in Jerusalem.
It is believed to be the first-ever seal -- also referred to as a "bulla" -- from an Israeli or Judean King to be discovered by archaeologists.
"The seal of the king was so important. It could have been a matter of life or death, so it's hard to believe that anyone else had the permission to use the seal," Eilat Mazar, who directs excavations at the City of David's summit, told CNN.
"Therefore, it's very reasonable to assume we are talking about an impression made by the King himself, using his own ring.
"This the greatest single item I have ever found," added Mazar -- a third generation archaeologist.

151203120810-ophel-excavations-jerusalem-seal-exlarge-169.jpg

The oval bulla -- which is 0.5 inches wide -- was discovered by a team from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
Led by Mazar, the team were excavating an ancient dump near the Silwan neighborhood beside the wall that surrounds Jerusalem's Old City.
The site itself, along with the nearby City of David, is contentious, because it is an Israeli archaeological dig in East Jerusalem next to a Palestinian neighborhood. Critics say the dig is politically motivated to extend Jewish claims over East Jerusalem and the Old City: archaeological finds become historical justifications
Watch a video about the Ophel excavations here.
The seal is believed to have been discarded from a royal building, with the rubbish.
The impression on the clay bears an inscription in ancient Hebrew script that translates as: "Belonging to Hezekiah [son of] Ahaz king of Judah."
It features a two-winged sun, with wings turned downward, flanked by two ankh symbols symbolizing life.
Other bullas bearing the name of King Hezekiah have been seen on the antiquities market. However, the others are not as important because they were not found by archaeologists and therefore may not be genuine, according to Mazar.
What we know about King Hezekiah
"The bible describes King Hezekiah as one of the most important kings after King David," said Mazar.
"He was rich, daring, stood up against Assyrians. A very impressive king," she added.
King Hezekiah -- who reigned from about 727 to 698 B.C. -- is certainly portrayed favorably in the Bible. The Book of Kings II 18:5 says of Hezekiah: "... after him was none like him among all the kings of Judah, nor among them that were before him."
It has been claimed that Hezekiah dedicated his reign to the reversal of the "idolatry" of his father. However, Hezekiah's newly discovered private seal, which bears the name of his father, suggests that Hezekiah valued this link.
New clues in hunt for Nefertiti's tomb

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/03/middleeast/king-hezekiah-royal-seal/

Comments

• The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Uh I don't get what exactly are you trying to prove or show?
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »

Articles of biblical archaeology that is substantial information.

@The_Jackal
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

@The_Jackal

But for the most part we already know what can and cannot be confirmed. Was instance Noah. Is it likely that somehow he repopulate Earth even though he had no way getting to the new world?(Americans) Eh most likely not. But at the same time we know for a fact. Was St Peter most likely the creator of the Roman Catholic church? Most likely.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

@The_Jackal

But for the most part we already know what can and cannot be confirmed. Was instance Noah. Is it likely that somehow he repopulate Earth even though he had no way getting to the new world?(Americans) Eh most likely not. But at the same time we know for a fact. Was St Peter most likely the creator of the Roman Catholic church? Most likely.

Later or maybe tomorrow I will post some genetic stuff and tombs of first century jews before the destruction of the temple.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would definitely like to know what evidence has been found concerning artifacts that support the existence of the book called the bible
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    I would definitely like to know what evidence has been found concerning artifacts that support the existence of the book called the bible

Nothing lol!!!!!!!!! That's the thing that makes me laugh the most. They so ? in their faith in the bible. You would think that some actual proof of this ? would have surfaced from them to be dead set on the ? . I mean ? be sounding insane and not a single ? is given lol. Muslims are a little bit worse(now at days).

What I really find hilarious. Is these same people will challenge the thought of something or humanoid beings outside of this planet. Even with all the unexplained/so called impossible ? all around the world just sitting there looking at us right in our faces. Even with the stories of the locals from all around the world matching up or being very similar. I mean, at least that's actually something you can work with or put your "faith" into.

I mean damn, there's all kinds of plot holes, hypocrisy, nonsense, conflicting stories, retells, rip offs, etc etc. But this is what people put their faith in? And people still wonder why the world is so ? up.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    That's what I want to know too man. But all I see is Egyptian culture permeating through the region.
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    An artifact has been found in the annals of archaeology that bears witness to Manasseh, who was the son of king Hezekiah.
    Manasseh, who also became king of Judah, is mentioned by the Assyrian king Esarhaddon who reigned 680 years before Christ. The inscription lists kings who were under his submission as contributing materials to furnish his royal palace. It reads as follow:
    “I commanded the kings from the region of Hatti as well as the areas on the other side of the Euphrates, including Ba‘lu, king of Tyre, Manasseh, king of Judah . . . ; a total of 22 kings from Hatti, the seashore and islands, all of them were given the difficult task of transporting building materials to my palace in Nineveh, the city over which I am king.” Hatti = the Hittites

Hollow, hexagonal, clay prism, flat base, slightly convex top, circular holes in centre of top and base, Esarhaddon, history of the king's reign and account of the construction and "opening of the palace' provider of all; dated Adaru, limmu Atar-ilu, governor of Lahira (673-2BC), 87 + 82 + 83 + 85 + 82 + 74 lines of inscription, Neo-Assyrian.

4lqfd783dffl.jpg
    673BC-672BC

• Ajackson17
    Options
    @SELASI_i another brotha was talking about that Judah or Yehudi was under the Hatti Empire and they are basically Turks.
  • SELASI_i
    Options
    @Ajackson17 I have to look more into it for myself but it doesn't sound far fetched.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What language is this inscription?
  • SELASI_i
    Options
    @jetlifebih from what I've seen Assyrian