Lebron will retire with 4 rings , that trumps kobes 5 rings

Comments

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He better get those next 2 rings this year and next, because his burnout/falloff is gonna be horrific. He'll be going on 7-8 finals appearances in a row, that body gonna breakdown
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S2J wrote: »
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Bron at this point owes his career to wade and ray allen without them hes lucky if he got 1 ring

Dont forget Lebron also has James Harden to thank too. If the ? didn't have himself Kidnapped the whole series OKC wins that ? .

Lebron shoulda bought that ? a key to the city of Miami for needing the Hymlic the whole series. All he had to do was give the thunder a little bit instead of nothing and they woulda had that.

Man, what? Lol Is this what we doin now? James Harden played like he played bc he was 21/22 and he wasnt ready. Thats not something you can manipulate jn hindsight like it was a fluke

Also, Kobe went something like 5 for 20 in game 7 vs Boston when they won, Paxson and Kerr had GW shots for 2 finals for Chicago. THERE ARE NO ASTERISKS when it comes to titles. Period.

Everyone on both teams shot poorly because the defense was amazing. If I recall, Gasol was the one standout player in that game.

Best finals, watch it every year since.
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paprika wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    Bron at this point owes his career to wade and ray allen without them hes lucky if he got 1 ring

Dont forget Lebron also has James Harden to thank too. If the ? didn't have himself Kidnapped the whole series OKC wins that ? .

Lebron shoulda bought that ? a key to the city of Miami for needing the Hymlic the whole series. All he had to do was give the thunder a little bit instead of nothing and they woulda had that.

Man, what? Lol Is this what we doin now? James Harden played like he played bc he was 21/22 and he wasnt ready. Thats not something you can manipulate jn hindsight like it was a fluke

Also, Kobe went something like 5 for 20 in game 7 vs Boston when they won, Paxson and Kerr had GW shots for 2 finals for Chicago. THERE ARE NO ASTERISKS when it comes to titles. Period.

Everyone on both teams shot poorly because the defense was amazing. If I recall, Gasol was the one standout player in that game.

Best finals, watch it every year since.

Gasol was the stand out of that finals
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »
    detcatinva wrote: »
    let's not forget if it wasn't for ray allen's miraculous 3 pointer in game 6, lebron would be 1-5 in the finals

Wasn't that the game where LeBron lost his head band and went the ? off in the 3rd and 4th quarters when they were down by 10 to bring them back?

Yeah and couple minutes that ? had costly turnover.

? Ray Allen, bron needs to thank ginobili
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    let's not forget if it wasn't for ray allen's miraculous 3 pointer in game 6, lebron would be 1-5 in the finals

Wasn't that the game where LeBron lost his head band and went the ? off in the 3rd and 4th quarters when they were down by 10 to bring them back?

And Pop, I'll never forget how geeked up this dude was congratulating Bron and Wade after they won when I know he was cringing on the inside since he blew that series
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KamPushMe wrote: »

And Pop, I'll never forget how geeked up this dude was congratulating Bron and Wade after they won when I know he was cringing on the inside since he blew that series

Worst game Pop coached in his life
  • _God_
    So the Spurs didn't choke?
  • its....JOHN B
    _? _ wrote: »
    So the Spurs didn't choke?

Are you ? stupid? How did you get that from those posts? Of course they choked
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is Lebron supposed to pull these two rings from?
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He may not win another one

He barely got two off the strenght of Ray allen hitting a clutch 3 and James Harden choking as usual in playoffs giving OKC nothing at all in the finals. Where the hell yall see two more rings coming to this man now that Jerry West has built a dynasty at Golden State? Maybe Durant goes to the Eastern Confence to Washington after this season with Wall and Beal and make a Golden State East, then there goes Lebron's automatic trips to the finals outta that Junior Varsity conference. Face it, he under achieved finals wise including letting Dirk snatch a ring that had no business being able to get snatched. By the time GS slow down Bron gonna be Kobe status and wont be able to lead no team to a finals being way past his prime.

I don't see him getting another ring... If he does get 1 it will be his last... He's the modern day Jerry West
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He doesn't deserve another title as long as he's trying to buy one.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said it on here 4 years ago that LBj will go down as this generations Wilt Chamberlin

Physical freak with all the pretty stats...but tons of L's on the biggest stage!!

• its....JOHN B
    DaBull wrote: »
    I said it on here 4 years ago that LBj will go down as this generations Wilt Chamberlin

Physical freak with all the pretty stats...but tons of L's on the biggest stage!!

But they still love to put Wilt over Russell because of fancy stats which is the most absurd argument in the history of basketball
  • _God_

But they still love to put Wilt over Russell because of fancy stats which is the most absurd argument in the history of basketball

No they put wilt over Russell bc he was a better player than Russell. Robert horrey got 7 rings he better than Jordan ?
  • its....JOHN B

No they put wilt over Russell bc he was a better player than Russell. Robert horrey got 7 rings he better than Jordan ?

Terrible analogy
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate that Robert horry defense in almost every basketball discussion when it's a horrible comparison everytime. Like he wasn't a role player..
  • _God_
    Beta wrote: »
    I hate that Robert horry defense in almost every basketball discussion when it's a horrible comparison everytime. Like he wasn't a role player..

If you talking about rings you have no choice, if you discussing everything that went into winning a ring is implement dif discussion
  • _God_
    BDBIID wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »

If you talking about rings you have no choice, if you discussing everything that went into winning a ring is implement dif discussion

NO.

Rings are supposed to brought up when comparing players of a similar tier.

It's literally common sense. They didn't teach you critical thinking in school fam?

But it not a deciding factor which is why ppl can say wilt is better than russel
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Nah......its over for that ? ......maybe if he developed a consistent jump shot or 3pt shot then I'll think different. ....but he shooting worse.....plus his athleticism fell off & he depends on that more than anything......the smartest thing he did was go to Miami & the dumbest thing he did was leave Miami

While he's somewhat improved over the years, his jumper is about as good as it's gonna get. His mechanics aren't that good or consistent enough and it's crazy to me that he hasn't figured that out yet, even his free throw form is sketchy IMO.

If he's smart he should start goin' to the block and try to master the turn around fade a la Jordan/Kobe. Higher percentage shot and he won't have to use to much athlecticism/energy.
  • _God_
    MallyG wrote: »
    Nah......its over for that ? ......maybe if he developed a consistent jump shot or 3pt shot then I'll think different. ....but he shooting worse.....plus his athleticism fell off & he depends on that more than anything......the smartest thing he did was go to Miami & the dumbest thing he did was leave Miami

While he's somewhat improved over the years, his jumper is about as good as it's gonna get. His mechanics aren't that good or consistent enough and it's crazy to me that he hasn't figured that out yet, even his free throw form is sketchy IMO.

If he's smart he should start goin' to the block and try to master the turn around fade a la Jordan/Kobe. Higher percentage shot that and he won't have to use to much athlecticism/energy.

Idk what he was doing in Miami bc his jumper was wet in Miami, might be the climate