Mankind vs Undertaker: Hell In A Cell - King Of The Ring 1998

Options
Idiopathic Joker
Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
What's y'all thoughts about the match? Was this the match that made ? Foley a legend? Did you gain respect for him and undertaker after this match? Why do y'all think this match is so infamous?
https://youtu.be/9hMp65SzyTU

Comments

• OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This match was so brutal watching it as a kid. This is honestly my go to match when people say wrestling is child's play. I gained a lot of respect for Mankind and I believe was the match that made him certified to most fans.
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i swear watchin that back then taker killed foley
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a 14 year old I was on the cusp of being the "oh this is so fake look at how fake this is" type then Foley took a header off that cage.

I was watching it live, I sneaked to order the show and man the punishment was worth it just for those two Foley spots.

The match itself was just violent as hell, it was WWE really making doing something different and going death match style for a match.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    To me, the trillest moment was Foley getting off the stretcher and climbing back up the cage.
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man the spot where Taker and ? were on the cage and the corner broke when they were walking to the other side....man they both could of been in critical condition had it broke through.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    i just remember this match being more time ? making sure ? wasnt dead than actual match
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    That match changed the game.
  • a-grave247
    a-grave247 Members Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Taker and Mankind feud's solidified to me that Taker is in my top 3 of all time and Folley is in my top 10. This was an incredible match and both fighter's put their body on the line for their feuds-boiler room brawl, buried alive mathes and this match
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Remember vividly watchin this on PPV. When Taker wanted to start the match on top of the cage, I knew s*** was about to epic.

I remember watching this at my ex's parents house b/c they ordered it. Damn their went silent when he got thrown off the cage. I literally sat there in disbelief that I just witnessed that...until he got off the stretcher, climbed the cage, and got choked slammed thru it. Then the epic camera shot of him wit his tooth coming outta his upper lip/nose.

Can definitely say top highlight WWE moment I was able to witness.

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    ? Foley swagger jacked what New Jack was doing in ECW, but to Foleys credit that was the first time done with a cage and he had classics or damm near classics with Taker before this match starting in 96.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The off cage was crazy but he pretty much jump off cage that 2nd one through the cage way his body landed thats when i thought no way he can keep.goin that was brutalllll