Quantum Break will be the 1st fresh new game that I will take a chance on IN YEARS(game changer...?)

Options
PILL_COSBY
PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
Real talk, I haven't had this feeling in a long ass time. I really feel comfortable paying full price without even giving the game a est run. I feel it will actually be worth $65.00. I've been looking at game play and read the story line. It's like the matrix, prince or Persia, perfect dark, and 12 monkeys combined. Also this game is huge(damn near 50GB) with no ? DLC and micro transactions all over the place. It's the first game in a long time that is a full complete game with no cut off areas, content locked behind paywalls etc etc(please correct me if I'm wrong). Basically it's how games used to be, what you bought is what you get. On the strength of that alone, I feel we got a winner here.

The makers of this game are the makers of max payne & max payne 2.........so.....yeah, nothing else needs to be said. I really think this game will be the next big thing and will change the game. I believe people will start to copy it's formula if you know what I mean. It's looking like Xbox has another halo. What do you guys think?
EducatedSelfassuredIndianpalmsquirrel.gif
ThirdDecimalCarpenterant.gif
fu05gyH.gif
SF8myZr.gif
c7KvTlF.gif

Comments

• PILL_COSBY
    Options
    This game and dark souls 3 is all I see worth buying this year. What else is coming out that I might have overlooked?
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The last game I felt that way about and delivered was Dead Space. Greatest game I played last gen.

It's not coming to PS4 though. So I'll skip this. If its like Alan Wake, not missing much.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Paprika wrote: »
    The last game I felt that way about and delivered was Dead Space. Greatest game I played last gen.

It's not coming to PS4 though. So I'll skip this. If its like Alan Wake, not missing much.

Last game that made me want to just take a chance without even really checking for it that much was batman AA.

I don't know what was so great about alan wake, that ? had a cult following. They giving away a free digital copy of alan wake when you pre-order Quantum break. I guess I'll just give it to somebody cause I don't want it.

You know what's crazy? All the good games usually don't get a lot of hype. The lame ass/mid core ones get over hyped. Street fighter 5, the division, watch dogs, Assassins creed unity, destiny, anything to do with 2K, etc etc. I like how this game is not getting over hyped. Because the fans will speak for it.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alan Wake was slept on.

I fear this game may be another Watch Dogs. Looks deep and interesting but it's basic as ? really.

I'm cynical as ? about games lately though.
  • focus
    edited March 2016
    Options
  • focus
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Quantum Break Is The Max Payne For This Generation Of Video Games

Max Payne was one of the first games that we at Gaming Central played on the PC, and it had a tremendous impact on how we looked at video games. It built our expectations from them, and instilled a belief in us that excellent story telling, visuals and gameplay can go hand in hand.

And this was almost fifteen years ago. Many games have come and gone since then, and except for the rare Half Life or BioShock or S.T.A.L.K.E.R., most of them have never given us that sense of satisfaction, or the feeling of pride at what Video Games are capable of.

And then came Quantum Break.

Remedy has been known for its critically acclaimed ground breaking games. With the dark gritty film-noir style story, slow motion effects and memorable characters in Max Payne, to the flashlight-and-gun wielding, supernatural-horror-themed with a touch-of-metal, atmospheric masterpiece that was Alan Wake.

Quantum Break is a culmination of the best aspects from those games, and takes giant new leaps. Where Max Payne told it’s story in a comic strip format, Quantum Break does so with interactions you have in the game world, be it the numerous memorable characters or a world brimming with interactive tidbits like e-mails, videos, posters, etc. all of which do a great job of reeling the player in.

And the gameplay is a blast to boot. Every encounter will have you switching between your arsenal of weapons and time-bending abilities. Its refreshing, fast paced, challenging, and incredibly fun. It feels like putting together pieces of a puzzle while everything is being blown to bits. Just because the game is narrative heavy does not mean that it’s light on the action. Its quite the contrary.

The included TV show is also done really well. Instead of focusing on the protagonist, it tells the story mostly from the perspective of the “evil corporation”, making you care about the characters on the other side of the fence. It adds more depth to the game, and also reflects the consequences of the actions you perform in the game. Its clear that a lot of work went into making this game what it is, and shows obvious respect for the player base that will play the game. With meaningful collectibles and high replayability, this game packs a lot of value.

Also, Quantum Break is a refreshing break away from the “Open World Syndrome” many Video Games are suffering from these days. High quality is the word that comes to mind. It’s what describes the game best. High quality. This is the game developers should look at and learn from. Add quality to your Video Games, not mindless quantity.

After beating the game to a 100% completion (full review coming soon), we can confidently say that Quantum Break is the game this generation of gamers need to play and experience.

http://gamingcentral.in/quantum-break-is-the-max-payne-for-this-generation-of-video-games/
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max Payne 3.5 Or Nah?
    Alan Wake Was Cool Tho...They Borrowed A Lot From Silent Hill
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

is there an online aspect?
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont trust ONE single opinion from that hiphop gamer dude

? him
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »
    Word , if it ain't close to a mmo or have deep character progression , I ain't ? wit it
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PILL_COSBY wrote: »
    This game and dark souls 3 is all I see worth buying this year. What else is coming out that I might have overlooked?

Ain't that new Gears of War coming out later this year?
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    i dont trust ONE single opinion from that hiphop gamer dude

? him

Lol i was trying to figure out what was the point of posting that
  • focus
    edited March 2016
    Options
    lol hatin ass ? . How many followers do yall have? Who is trusting YOUR opinion tho lol?

Anyway, regardless of HHG, thats the general perception on Twitter coming from many people who have played it. Reviews drop the day after tomorrow.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JimSterling/status/710769360424591360
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    I'm gonna give my review when this game drops a few days from now. I have a really good feeling about this one.

@focus

Bruh!!, do you see that collision detection though? ? is damn near perfect, not too many 3d games have achieved this. It's like the best Ive seen, real talk. Like when you hit a ? , you feel that ? ! When somebody gets shot, them ? GET SHOT! This game seems like what a matrix game should looked like. Just looking at the game play this ? looks trippy as ? . Like all kinds of trippy ? is going on while you're focused on something else. It will take some time to get used to. This is definitely some next level ? and you could tell they took their time with this game.

Yo, go to the xbox store under this game, they added some interactive demo so you could get used to the time powers before the game comes out. A bunch of other interactive stuff as well. I'm loving how they are presenting this game.
    Nope, just a straight up traditional pure single player huge ass game. Another thing that's cool about this game is that It has like a interactive movie that goes along with it. I don't know how it works yet but it seems hella interesting and is a breath of fresh air. They got lieutenant cedric daniels from the wire, little finger from game of thrones, Australian rock star dude from lost, and ice man in this game.

I don't really ? with gears like that, never have. I come from G.O.A.T shooters like GTA, goldeneye, perfect dark, Call of duty 4: modern warfare, time splitters, half-life 2, halo 2, etc etc. Gears is just another shooter to me, and it aint good enough to really catch my attention. If I never experienced these great shooters gears would be like the best shooter of all time to me lol.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm gonna give my review when this game drops a few days from now. I have a really good feeling about this one.

@focus

Bruh!!, do you see that collision detection though? ? is damn near perfect, not too many 3d games have achieved this. It's like the best Ive seen, real talk. Like when you hit a ? , you feel that ? ! When somebody gets shot, them ? GET SHOT! This game seems like what a matrix game should looked like. Just looking at the game play this ? looks trippy as ? . Like all kinds of trippy ? is going on while you're focused on something else. It will take some time to get used to. This is definitely some next level ? and you could tell they took their time with this game.

Yo, go to the xbox store under this game, they added some interactive demo so you could get used to the time powers before the game comes out. A bunch of other interactive stuff as well. I'm loving how they are presenting this game.
    Nope, just a straight up traditional pure single player huge ass game. Another thing that's cool about this game is that It has like a interactive movie that goes along with it. I don't know how it works yet but it seems hella interesting and is a breath of fresh air. They got lieutenant cedric daniels from the wire, little finger from game of thrones, Australian rock star dude from lost, and ice man in this game.

I don't really ? with gears like that, never have. I come from G.O.A.T shooters like GTA, goldeneye, perfect dark, Call of duty 4: modern warfare, time splitters, half-life 2, halo 2, etc etc. Gears is just another shooter to me, and it aint good enough to really catch my attention. If I never experienced these great shooters gears would be like the best shooter of all time to me lol.

GTA is a G.O.A.T shooter to you?
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ gta being a better shooter than gears
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IGN Gave It A Respectable 8/10...Is This ? A Timed Exclusive Or XBone For Life?
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hip Hop gamer is why Madden has become the ? game that it is currently

im sorry but i just cant trust the opinion and thoughts of a man wearing a ? WWE belt, wearing his cap backwards and expects to be taken seriously

He kept slobbering the ? of the EA dudes about madden until they finally started leaking him bits of info. The game is ass and instead of using his platform to call EA out on their ? , he continued to drink the kool aid and got others to drink it with him

? him
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nawledge_? wrote: »

Xbox exclusive
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Xbox exclusive

It's also coming to pc for windows 10
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh why are the good games skipping ps4 release?
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    I might give the code away for allen wake if anybody wants it. It comes with two D.L.C's as well. I got it for free for pre-ordering quantum break. I'm going to watch some videos on it to determine if I want to keep it or not.

@funkdocdamc

LOL like I said, Gears just doesn't do it for me. It's just "another shooter" to me. It's a good one, but just another shooter. Not really worth my money and I have no drive to even beat the game. They had this game for free on games with gold last month and I didn't even bother to download it.
    texas409 wrote: »
    smh why are the good games skipping ps4 release?
    Ummm, playstation has never been strong on making exclusives or working with people to work on exclusive titles. They just see something that's doing good and buy them out for a limit of time lol. Only thing playstation got to make it different is uncharted. That aint nothing but tomb raider with a male lead. Once you played tomb raider or far cry I can't see how a person would go crazy over that game. Bloodborne is just a upgraded dark souls, and the last of us is just dead rising 2/the walking dead. Street fighter 5 is pretty much a joke and nobody ? with the series like that anymore. Well they did make a smash brothers knock off but ummm.....yeah.
    SMH, always look at the player rating, IGN been taken payola for years now. They give all the post cod 4 modern warfare games perfect to damn near perfect scores. Hell, they gave assassins creed unity, watchdogs, and the division perfect to damn near perfect scores. Those games are all over hyped, broken, rushed, unfinished, and glitchy ? messes. Filled with micro transactions and cut content. All them games was ass or mid-core lol.
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »

Xbox exclusive

It's also coming to pc for windows 10

If you pre-order it from the xbox store they will give you a free download code for the P.C version from steam.
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    Hip Hop gamer is why Madden has become the ? game that it is currently

im sorry but i just cant trust the opinion and thoughts of a man wearing a ? WWE belt, wearing his cap backwards and expects to be taken seriously

He kept slobbering the ? of the EA dudes about madden until they finally started leaking him bits of info. The game is ass and instead of using his platform to call EA out on their ? , he continued to drink the kool aid and got others to drink it with him

? him

I was at E3 a couple years back waiting in line with my boys for the gears of war tournament they were holdin... chattin it up with the booth babes... one of them asked if I could rap and I said of course...

They brought the camera over my faded ass grabbed the mic and spit for like 2 minutes of the top of the dome, working in the the company's name, hollering at the ? and some more ? ... they were jocking...

Then hip hop gamer walks over with his lame ass belt and spits a written, taking my shine... so yeah, ? him...

I placed 2nd in that gears tournament fyi...