Quantum Break will be the 1st fresh new game that I will take a chance on IN YEARS(game changer...?)

Comments

• OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Is this a ubisoft title?
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a ubisoft title?

Hell mothfucking naw!!!!!! lol It's the makers of max pain and alan wake.
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PILL_COSBY wrote: »
    I might give the code away for allen wake if anybody wants it. It comes with two D.L.C's as well. I got it for free for pre-ordering quantum break. I'm going to watch some videos on it to determine if I want to keep it or not.

@funkdocdamc

LOL like I said, Gears just doesn't do it for me. It's just "another shooter" to me. It's a good one, but just another shooter. Not really worth my money and I have no drive to even beat the game. They had this game for free on games with gold last month and I didn't even bother to download it.
    texas409 wrote: »
    smh why are the good games skipping ps4 release?
    Ummm, playstation has never been strong on making exclusives or working with people to work on exclusive titles. They just see something that's doing good and buy them out for a limit of time lol. Only thing playstation got to make it different is uncharted. That aint nothing but tomb raider with a male lead. Once you played tomb raider or far cry I can't see how a person would go crazy over that game. Bloodborne is just a upgraded dark souls, and the last of us is just dead rising 2/the walking dead. Street fighter 5 is pretty much a joke and nobody ? with the series like that anymore. Well they did make a smash brothers knock off but ummm.....yeah.
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    IGN Gave It A Respectable 8/10...Is This ? A Timed Exclusive Or XBone For Life?
    SMH, always look at the player rating, IGN been taken payola for years now. They give all the post cod 4 modern warfare games perfect to damn near perfect scores. Hell, they gave assassins creed unity, watchdogs, and the division perfect to damn near perfect scores. Those games are all over hyped, broken, rushed, unfinished, and glitchy ? messes. Filled with micro transactions and cut content. All them games was ass or mid-core lol.

whats good with them alan wake codes, my guy.
  • OmegaConflict
    MoralOral wrote: »
    I blame you for convincin me to get this...this ? trash b

Explain why
  • PILL_COSBY
    i ro ny wrote: »
    I might give the code away for allen wake if anybody wants it. It comes with two D.L.C's as well. I got it for free for pre-ordering quantum break. I'm going to watch some videos on it to determine if I want to keep it or not.

@funkdocdamc

LOL like I said, Gears just doesn't do it for me. It's just "another shooter" to me. It's a good one, but just another shooter. Not really worth my money and I have no drive to even beat the game. They had this game for free on games with gold last month and I didn't even bother to download it.
    Ummm, playstation has never been strong on making exclusives or working with people to work on exclusive titles. They just see something that's doing good and buy them out for a limit of time lol. Only thing playstation got to make it different is uncharted. That aint nothing but tomb raider with a male lead. Once you played tomb raider or far cry I can't see how a person would go crazy over that game. Bloodborne is just a upgraded dark souls, and the last of us is just dead rising 2/the walking dead. Street fighter 5 is pretty much a joke and nobody ? with the series like that anymore. Well they did make a smash brothers knock off but ummm.....yeah.
    SMH, always look at the player rating, IGN been taken payola for years now. They give all the post cod 4 modern warfare games perfect to damn near perfect scores. Hell, they gave assassins creed unity, watchdogs, and the division perfect to damn near perfect scores. Those games are all over hyped, broken, rushed, unfinished, and glitchy ? messes. Filled with micro transactions and cut content. All them games was ass or mid-core lol.

Bout to go pick it up in a few minutes. I'll PM you the code when I get it.

You aint really a gamer so I can't take you serious. But I would love to hear your review of the game so far in more detail. My folks been telling me the ? is fun as hell. and different. Bout to go see for myself.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016

Explain why
    The control of the main character is loose as ? . He obtains all his powers off the jump, and the upgrades ain't no upgrades. The story is straight ? . ? tries to make you a platformer and problem solver in a game that ain't built for that action.

The main character is some ? who knows how to handle all kinds of military weapons with no real explanation why. The cover system is complete trash. Outside a few affects that get played out quick. This game is gaww'bage
  • OmegaConflict
    i ro ny wrote: »

@funkdocdamc

Bout to go pick it up in a few minutes. I'll PM you the code when I get it.

You aint really a gamer so I can't take you serious. But I would love to hear your review of the game so far in more detail. My folks been telling me the ? is fun as hell. and different. Bout to go see for myself.

Nah its garbage
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karl. wrote: »
    Alan Wake was slept on.

I fear this game may be another Watch Dogs. Looks deep and interesting but it's basic as ? really.

I'm cynical as ? about games lately though.

Was I right?
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ gta being a better shooter than gears

GTA shooting mechanics coupled with the travel times are the reason its collecting dust. Woat shooting mechanics.
  • The Recipe

Should have read some of his other post/threads you would have known he aint reputable. This the same ? thats telling ? to stop buying season passes but he gotta buy 1 more season pass.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game ain't bad but it's not stellar either.
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited April 2016
    The Recipe wrote: »
    Lol @ gta being a better shooter than gears

GTA shooting mechanics coupled with the travel times are the reason its collecting dust. Woat shooting mechanics.
    The Recipe wrote: »

Should have read some of his other post/threads you would have known he aint reputable. This the same ? thats telling ? to stop buying season passes but he gotta buy 1 more season pass.
    LOL if you don't sit cho emo computer nerd ass down somewhere. You the same kid who say's gta 5 & the witcher 3 are boring and collecting dust. But you love the ? out of wack ass repetitive c.o.d.......oops, I mean battlefield 4.

LOL you are really mad about me speaking on the video game industry ? up DLC practices? You are really really mad, I can't believe this. This is hilarious!!! I really hurt your feelings with that ? . You brought this ? up several times out of nowhere and the same little nerds keep giving you ethers and cosigns because they hurt too. You also keep constantly clearly reaching with the "telling ? to stop buying season passes but he gotta buy 1 more season pass." I'm just laughing at the fact that you keep getting all these lol reactions when they know that's what your doing. Plus the ? aint nowhere near ether or funny. Well, you finally got a response out of me, hope this makes you and your friends happy(pause).

I don't even know what to say. Lets talk about it brother, let out all the hatred you have for me right now. Lets settle this! All you back round posting nut hangers, let your anger out as well(pause).

STAY TROLLING MY FRIEND.
  • PILL_COSBY
    @MoralOral (pause)

Your review screams casual gamer lol. Half of what you said was false and you didn't even beat the game or play it long enough to come to some of your conclusions. I can tell you just threw most of that ? out there for reactions like usual, lol.
    Alan Wake was slept on.

I fear this game may be another Watch Dogs. Looks deep and interesting but it's basic as ? really.

I'm cynical as ? about games lately though.

Was I right?

Nope!

Me and you are the same when it comes to ? with new products now at days. 2 hours in and I can honestly say this game is worth my money. I don't regret taken a chance on it at all. It's much better than watch dogs, that ? is insulting to even put them in the same category. This is my review so far.

The story is pretty damn interesting and got my attention early. You will really like it if you ? with sci fi and time travel. This is not just a video game, it's a movie too. The movie is pretty damn good. You know how some games you wish they made a movie of it? Well this game does that for you lol. The movie is pretty damn good too, better than most ? in the theaters. At first I didn't know how this was gonna work alongside the game but I get it now. It's a movie about the game but it goes into more detail. Like it will show you the view of side characters when an event happens in the game. You can change the movie with ? you do in the game. You can also not watch the movie if you don't want to and it wont matter that much. But watching the movie can give you clues of what to do in the game to change some ? . They gav me like a 15 - 20 minute movie after I finished act one lol. I was not expecting that but the movie is really good. I swear, Little finger and lieutenant cedric daniels give performances just like they did on game of thrones and the wire. You have to play the game to see what I mean.

The game play and controls are a mixture of/similar to resident evil, alan wake, max payne, last of us, games like that, you get the point.

They pay great attention to detail. Like pretty much everything is movable. Like if you see something on a table or books on a book shelf. You can knock all that ? down/over. If you go and look out of any random window of a building and see something. Your character will make a comment on it etc etc.

The graphics are ? amazing and trippy. It's going to take a minute for your eyes to adjust to this ? . Just a bunch of frozen in time ripple effects and weird effects going on while looking around for ? lol.

Ill post more later.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im watching gameplay on twitch and this ? looks like ass cheeks.
  • PILL_COSBY
    I kinda agree with al greens on them giving you the powers right away but that goes away once you start mixing them up to create deadly combos. I'm so stuck at playing action shooters the traditional way that I forgot I had these cool ass powers. Once you master them you could do some matrix type ? . For example, I froze two guys and shot at their heads. Ran up on another one right after with the time rush and popped him dead in the face. All of them dropped at the same time.

Another one that was nice that I did on accident. Bout 4 people surrounded me, 2 in front and 2 in the back. The two in the front started shooting at me and I froze their bullets matrix 2 style(didn't know you could do that). Two in the back ran up on me and I time dodged to the left. The time freeze ran out and the bullets destroyed to two behind me.

There's also puzzles you can solve or secret spots you can get to by using your time powers. I just started so I only ran into a few so far. Your powers just don't work on people, they also work on objects. Like if something comes flying at you you can stop it and then jump on to it.

I heard there's multiple endings so I'll be on this game for a minute. There's things you can change during the story and it will effect your play through, and the movie. So you can have a different game and movie in several play troughs. My friend did one small thing different from me and his story and movie is going a little different than mine.

This aint my final review, but the game is a good buy so far. If you want something different or a breath of fresh air. You wont be disappointed with this one. Shockingly, I barley ran into any glitches so far. Hard to find that on day one buys with these big games. Solid game for a first timer, if they make a sequel it will definitely be a day one buy in my opinion.
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited April 2016
    How close is this?
    >$60
    >extremely short (10hrs)
    >replayable once
    >no multiplayer/survival/post-game
    >illusion of choice - only has superficial effects on events
    >for some reason all the branching choices are made by the antagonist who you only control for those 4 junctions and you just push a button to pick
    >main character makes no "choices"
    >linear follow-the-waypoint bullettime cover shooter gameplay which is nowhere near as satisfying as the likes of Max Payne
    >unnecessary skillpoint system - combat would be better if you could move and act more fluidly
    >best weapon is the starting pistol
    >pistols have infinite ammo
    >no melee attack even though you constantly end up close to enemies creating awkward situations
    >DLC/sequel cliffhanger
    >poor attempt at time travel fiction
    >stopping time WITHIN stopped time
    >reversing time on individual objects like electronics and having it work connected to things with unaltered time
    >tv show is Fox/capeshit tier bad
    >tv show focuses on literally who side characters
    >from the very beginning theres no real reason PMCs have to be shooting at you, an unarmed civilian who is just trying to help
    >everyones goals are basically the same and yet there is all-out war
    >quantum ripples which change the TV show are literally all just silly 5 second jokes and a complete waste of time in implementing
    >nothing is really explained or if it is youre forced to read through hundreds of in game emails/audio logs to make sense of anything, like how Mr Hatch was the first time traveler and discovered time travel as a natural occurrence in a cave
    >quite possibly the worst final boss of the past 5 years (introduces new enemy mechanics last minute with no explanation which are confusing because you can't tell what's a post processing effect or part of the attack. All you really know is "RUN AWAY FROM THE RED" except then the camera auto-locks on the attack and makes you run towards it and instantly kills you. Then youre greeted with a cutscene which has a long load time if you skip it. Its an insanely easy fight which is made frustrating by bad design and I had to redo it 5 times.)
    >cutscene
    >fight 3 enemies
    >room with documents
    >? platforming section
    >cutscene
    >fight 5 enemies
    >cutscene
    >room with documents
    >? platforming section
    >fight 7 enemies
    >cutscene
    >next chapter
    >repeat 3x
    >tv show episode
    >end of act
    >repeat 5x
    >"boss" fight
    >end of game
    >cutscene
    >credits
    >after credits cutscene

there's the whole game

Haven't finished it yet so I can't call it. But half of that hasn't been my experience so far. Cuzzo seems like he let the hype go to his head a little though. Also there's multiple endings so 10 hours turns into more hours. I like what I'm playing so far.

I noticed a lot of sony fans want this game to fail so bad so you gonna have to see who's giving these reviews. I'm not gonna get into childish console wars so I let it cook lol. It's looking a little obvious, just pointing that out.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ? just choked somebody to death in a hospital while staff and a security guard watched. Then he casually chased after his girlfriend. This is the dumbest game movie i've ever seen.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    really had high hopes for this game
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How close is this?
    >$60
    >extremely short (10hrs)
    >replayable once
    >no multiplayer/survival/post-game
    >illusion of choice - only has superficial effects on events
    >for some reason all the branching choices are made by the antagonist who you only control for those 4 junctions and you just push a button to pick
    >main character makes no "choices"
    >linear follow-the-waypoint bullettime cover shooter gameplay which is nowhere near as satisfying as the likes of Max Payne
    >unnecessary skillpoint system - combat would be better if you could move and act more fluidly
    >best weapon is the starting pistol
    >pistols have infinite ammo
    >no melee attack even though you constantly end up close to enemies creating awkward situations
    >DLC/sequel cliffhanger
    >poor attempt at time travel fiction
    >stopping time WITHIN stopped time
    >reversing time on individual objects like electronics and having it work connected to things with unaltered time
    >tv show is Fox/capeshit tier bad
    >tv show focuses on literally who side characters
    >from the very beginning theres no real reason PMCs have to be shooting at you, an unarmed civilian who is just trying to help
    >everyones goals are basically the same and yet there is all-out war
    >quantum ripples which change the TV show are literally all just silly 5 second jokes and a complete waste of time in implementing
    >nothing is really explained or if it is youre forced to read through hundreds of in game emails/audio logs to make sense of anything, like how Mr Hatch was the first time traveler and discovered time travel as a natural occurrence in a cave
    >quite possibly the worst final boss of the past 5 years (introduces new enemy mechanics last minute with no explanation which are confusing because you can't tell what's a post processing effect or part of the attack. All you really know is "RUN AWAY FROM THE RED" except then the camera auto-locks on the attack and makes you run towards it and instantly kills you. Then youre greeted with a cutscene which has a long load time if you skip it. Its an insanely easy fight which is made frustrating by bad design and I had to redo it 5 times.)
    >cutscene
    >fight 3 enemies
    >room with documents
    >? platforming section
    >cutscene
    >fight 5 enemies
    >cutscene
    >room with documents
    >? platforming section
    >fight 7 enemies
    >cutscene
    >next chapter
    >repeat 3x
    >tv show episode
    >end of act
    >repeat 5x
    >"boss" fight
    >end of game
    >cutscene
    >credits
    >after credits cutscene

there's the whole game

Thats what I said
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pill gassed the ? outta this so so game
  • The Recipe
    edited April 2016
    Pill gassed the ? outta this so so game

LMFAO at how much of his gas was based on feelings not time spent playing the beta or game. His opening sentence was, "I haven't had this feeling in a long ass time" and he goes on about his feels about 3-4 more times lol. Not sure if he a gamer or a pregnant woman.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of Pill, WTF happened to that ? that used to be down with MMG?